Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ha ha ha I'd rather die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

:siren: do not give gw anime :siren:

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

boom boom boom posted:

If you think there's not enough people, maybe you could merge this Secret Santa with the ADTRW Secret Santa?

I would send the $30 worth of the gooniest anime titty/tentacle card sleeves I could find.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Leperflesh posted:

ha ha ha I'd rather die

quotin' this

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Leperflesh posted:

ha ha ha I'd rather die

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Leperflesh posted:

No new signups today. :|

I hope the OP isn't too long and complicated.

What is the current count?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

55 participants, 57 gifts to be exchanged (two people have signed up for double-gifting).

Last year the main round had 78 participants, including all the double gifting; in 2013, the main round had 96. In 2012 we had 70, the same in 2011, and in my first year doing this, 2010, we had 60 main round participants.

So I've seen a big curve. I was hoping the falloff last year was due to quirks of scheduling or perhaps economic recovery, but if we don't get three more signups by tomorrow, this will be the fewest main round participants in six years of TGSS.

So, if I'm doing something wrong, I want to know about it. Maybe we just haven't gotten the word out? Or maybe TG in general is slower these days? Or I might have packed the OP with too many rules and text and people are just not bothered to read through it all? :shrug:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I think part of the problem might be that there are a lot of people who don't seem to follow the chat threads or just visit the actual forum page (I know I'm guilty of that). Not sure how you could address that issue, though.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Evil Mastermind posted:

I think part of the problem might be that there are a lot of people who don't seem to follow the chat threads or just visit the actual forum page (I know I'm guilty of that). Not sure how you could address that issue, though.

Dropping a post in each of the megathreads for the various games maybe? Or at least, the most active ones (the various GW stuff, Mantic, Infinity, WarmaHordes, X-Wing, FFG, historicals, etc.)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Actually I should include the lightning bonus rounds maybe. Here is a nicely formatted table:
pre:
Year	Main round	# of bonus rounds	Bonus round	Total
2010	60		1			5		65
2011	70		3			15		85
2012	70		4			33		103
2013	96		3			22		118
2014	79		3			22		101
2015	58
All numbers include duplicates (e.g. if someone exchanged two sets of gifts, they're counted twice).

Evil Mastermind posted:

That's definitely possible. I've avoided spamming a bunch of threads because while SA moderators and admins have always been supportive, this isn't an official SA function and spamming threads is probably skirting the forums rules. I do not want TGSS to wind up in the doghouse due to overexuberance on my part or something.

Ettin is actually participating, though, so I'll leave it up to him whether it's kosher.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 20, 2015

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Seconding a quick post in the megathreads, it's a fluke that I saw this-- usually I just navigate to my bookmarked threads from the CP.

If that's frowned on, spring for a custom title with a link and/or forum ad?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've sent ettin a PM to ask if it's OK.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If Ettin's cool with the cross-posting, you way want to extend the cutoff date for round one by a few days.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'd hesitate to change the date... I've been giving people the date in every response email, and I also like to give people Thanksgiving Week to start shopping since a lot of online deals start up that week. If we get a sudden surge after the deadline it's fine to just jam folks into bonus rounds... if necessary I'll make larger bonus rounds, that would work fine too.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Next year I'm gonna sign up to send and receive 60 presents. I'm gonna send something to and recieve something from everyone.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey listen if you've got $1800 to burn you can sign up for that right now, no need to wait till next year!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

But boom boom boom would just send everybody anime :ohdear:

It's only cool if it's Legend of the Galactic Heroes though

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I've seen people make worse financial decisions.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

I am an Admiral who has lead his little ships in a somewhat neutral to OK direction. My full title is Admiral Joeslop, Santa, so please be kind.

Gift Preferences: I have recently been sucked into X-wing Miniatures and pretty much anything in the game(SEE EDIT BELOW) would be a fun addition to my collection! I do play more Rebels than the other factions but am looking to get into Scum and Villainy. Here is a website that has very good prices. You don't have to buy there! You can go to your FLGS and buy something if you would like, I am merely notifying you of potential savings.

To go with the Star Wars kick, I also think the Edge of the Empire RPG would be neat-o; they make a beginner set that comes with things for the proper allotment of TG Santa Dollars but if you have or find a used copy of the core book I have no problem with that, even if every character has a mustache drawn on them. In fact, ESPECIALLY if they have mustaches drawn on them.

I am also a fan of board games and my collection is very small: I have One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Pandemic, Chaos in the Old World (with expansion), Battlestar Galactica, Forbidden Island, Red November and Power Grid. Expansions for these or even just brand new games that you think are fun are great!

:siren: DO NOT GIVE GAMES WORKSHOP MONEY :siren: I have moved on from that time in my life.

Solemn Vow: I promise I will not grinch my Secret Santee, or may I be forced to play Age of Sigmar for all eternity.

Edit: If it's not too late, I'm a little full on A-wings and B-wings. If my Santa is on the ball and already ordered something with those ships, don't panic, it's all good! I can still find a use for them.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 24, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey, I never said all that! :colbert:

I got permission to spam if I make my posts on-subject for the relevant threads. :)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

I got permission to spam if I make my posts on-subject for the relevant threads. :)

Be sure to hit up the Frostgrave thread!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've just spammed some of the more popular TG threads but I didn't see the frostgrave thread on the first couple pages. Please feel free to post in relevant threads that I've skipped over or missed: just be on-topic and specific to the thread's content, and limit yourself to a single post about TGSS.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Gift Preferences: Paints/brushes. Boardgames. That sort of thing! Recovering from Warhammer Fantasy, so Kings of War rules might be cool?
General Location: Wisconsin
Solemn Vow: No dongs, unless requested.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

It's my first time participating. I hope I don't gently caress this up :ohdear:

Gift Preferences:

I primarily play miniatures games and video games these days. I play Warmachine/Hordes, Malifaux, and very rarely Infinity/soon to be Kings of War. I also have like 20 dubiously sourced GW miniatures, but :siren: DO NOT GIVE GW MONEY :siren: (support Communism instead)

Warmahordes: I play Legion and Cygnar primarily with Cryx a small secondary. I have a ton of stuff for Cygnar and Legion, but the 10-man Trencher Commandos box for Cygnar or a Raek/Anyssa Ryvaal for Legion would not be amiss. There's nothing cheap for Cryx I want, unless you want to go full sugar daddy and get me another box of Bane Knights.

Malifaux: I primarily play Ten Thunders and will be delving into Rezzers after Nythera ends. I will be getting a ton of stuff during the Black Friday sale, but Fuhatsu (Ten Thunders) or Flesh Constructs (Rezzers) would be cool. I have a well-known loathing for Gremlins, with my only Gremlin models being a Brewmaster crew box as well as the Whiskey Golem for TT. If you want to sass me with your gift, I solemnly swear to paint and play any Gremlin crew boxes I receive while grinding my teeth all the while.

Infinity: Haqq'Islam man here, so the new Azra'il with AP HMG and Hunzakut with rifle and LGL would be neat.

KoW: Uh. gently caress if I know? Totally new to it. If you have any A) cool rock elemental minis B) cool dwarf-as-hero minis or C) cool dwarf units numbering 10+, have at it. Rock elementals would probably be highest priority.

I will also accept any big cool centerpiece minis that could reasonably be shown off at a FLGS without suffering severe embarrassment, as well as new brushes.

Video games, I can have Leper get you my SteamID upon request. I prefer RPGs, FPSs, and horror games.

Food is ok as long as it won't spoil quickly after receipt.

Books are fine. Fantasy, sci-fi, horror or written-for-the-layperson science or history. I'm doing a physiology PhD but appreciate books in that area anyways, but probably written to a higher level. Have Leper check with me if I have any particular series, if necessary.

No boardgames, since the only other regular and earnest boardgame player I know is in Nebraska. I'd probably end up keeping it until I saw him next, then gifting it to him to get more use out of it, were I to receive one. No anime, no dongs. No kitsch. I don't like stuff that just sits around that I can't read or play with (and I'm just gonna head off the dong comment right. Here.)

Your General Location: Kansas, United States.

I solemnly vow that I will gift to my Santee, and that I will properly thank my Santa. Additionally, if I receive miniature gifts, I will make it a priority to get it painted and post it for my Santa to see.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
By the way, saw the post in another thread, so that worked at least!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Victory! If even one extra goon gets cheered up by some holiday gift exchange shenanigans, then I have succeeded. :)

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I missed this last year so hooray for the post in the magic thread!

I'm Cactrot, I live in Seattle. I like X-wings and magic, kooky board games and good RPGs. I'll play anything at least once so don't be shy about sending dumb or goofy stuff.

I have never and will never Grinch anyone, in fact I've never seen the Grinch movie (please do not send the Jim carrey Grinch movie, however), this is my solemn vow.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
First timer this year.

Gift preferences: Sci-Fi/40k/Infinity terrain (lasercut/goonmade/whatever i don't give a poo poo), Infinity PanO/Nomads, 40k Necrons (anything but Warriors!) or Khorne Daemonkin,

General location: Columbus, OH

Solemn Vow: I'll do the needful.

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 21, 2015

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Just saw this poo poo and decided it would be rad as hell to jump on the band wagon. Came here from the warmachine thread but I'm down into the hobby aspect and wargaming in general.

Gift preferences
Really easy going as far as cool poo poo I might want, but generally the more interesting the better. Cool poo poo to paint, weird poo poo to paint, cheap mantic shenanigans or new systems, it's an good by me. Hell, even if it's not on the minis side of things in a huge loving nerd so it's all good.

Warmachine wise, I have khador and am just starting out legion. Model wise I have quite a bit so I'm not super interested in stuff specific model stuff. If I happen to get matched with someone who's a killer painter, the only warlocks I own are saeryn, rhyas, and lylith 1. Gonna post my color scheme in the warmachine thread soon.

Oh gently caress, I forgot to mention, I'm in Calgary Canada.

w00tmonger fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 21, 2015

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Gift Preferences I like games! I like board, video, and role playing games.
I've been having fun with Pandemic Legacy recently. Played Codenames with goons at GenCon and it was a good game. Double Cross and Beyond the Wall seemed like interesting RPGs. I'll make lists of what I own or something.

I'll take food or drink as long as they're interesting. No dongs, please.

General Location: My apartment is in Fallout 4.

Solemn Vow: I will do the thing promptly and to the best of my ability.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Gift Preferences: I like to collect Warhammer 40k and Horus Heresy 30k. Miniatures or bits of appropriate scenery would be cool.

General Location: I am in Seattle, WA.

Solemn Vow: I vow the solemn vow and if I get a miniature, I will paint it and post it for all to see.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
In for a second go around!

Gift Preferences: I'm mainly into RPGs, more so for indie games, but also dabble in board games and card games a bit. I haven't explored the world of miniatures too much, but I feel like I should probably dip my toe into some small publisher/skirmish stuff at some point. Game design is another pastime that I find very interesting. If you want to check out the games I already have – either to get a feel for what I'm into or just to make sure I don't already have what you're considering getting me – here are my RPG and board game collections. I would prefer something physical, if possible, and print on demand is fine. General nerd paraphernalia is cool, too; I wear a men's medium.

Please, No
  • Games Workshop products
  • Munchkin or its ilk
  • Pathfinder
  • D&D unless it's before AD&D
  • Magic cards
  • Reaper Bones
  • BattleCon
  • Dice unless they're really interesting/cool
  • Booze
  • Live or dead animals
  • Dongs
  • Kingdom Death
  • Other skeevy stuff
General Location: Maryland, USA

Solemn Vow: Never gonna grinch you up.

Auralsaurus Flex fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 21, 2015

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

:razz:

I don't care I'm leaving it as is, you don't own me!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Heck yeah I'm signing up this year too. I actually noticed this thread pretty much as soon as it went up, but this autumn has been super busy for me and I didn't want to sign up before I was certain I could fulfill the obligation (I'm working on my thesis in addition to bunch of other things). But the busy autumn is turning into a quiet winter, so I'm in.

Gift Preferences: I'm all about miniatures, I got everything else covered. I'm sorely lacking fantasy orcs and goblins of all types, except character models. I'm also looking for 28mm scenery suitable for either a desert or winter themed table. I'm also interested in getting into Malifaux, so any Malifaux models would also be appreciated.

General Location: Finland

Solemn vow: Grinches get stinches, I'll keep up with the thread, send a gift on time and post when I receive a gift.

EDIT: Wait, there's a shortage of gifts this time around? In that case, I'll double down and send two goons wonderful gifts.

Lord Hypnostache fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 21, 2015

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Ah hell no, almost missed it! I'm going to be real good this year Satan, I swear!

Preferences: I don't play minis games, but OSR RPGs, magic, boardgame whatever is clever booze dongs go hog wild.
Solem vow: Death is certain.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Just saw the MtG thread and hell yes I wanna do this.

Gift Preferences: Board Games, Anime are fine, Magic the Gathering is my one real vice currently. Weird and wonderful dice are also really welcomed. Nothing Warhammer/40k related. No dongs, I have enough already.

Solemn Vow: I solemly swear not to be an rear end in a top hat grinch and to send a great gift to my secret santee.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I'm going to participate! Hopefully Santa won't mind that I live in Australia.

Gift preferences:
I like miniatures, but have quite a large backlog of things to assemble and paint already.
Malifaux: I have too many crews. Mostly Arcanist, particularly Showgirls, but I've got some Outcasts and Ten Thunders, and my bf plays Gremlins. I can make a list of currently owned models and send it to Leperflesh if Santa asks. I've got a lot of the models, but there are some I would like but don't have.
Currently exist in plastics: Mechanical Rider, Lazarus, Izamu, plastic Colette box (For the insanely generous)
Will be available from the Wyrd webstore between November 28 and Dec 2 (shipping may make this option ridiculous): Snow Storm, Sammy LaCroix, Bayou Gators, Insidious Madnesses

I like painting female minis in reasonable clothes/armor, i.e. not boob plate, not near-naked (even if an elf or spellcaster), no boob or butt windows - real people clothes. Alternately, I like converting models to be female. A good example (hint, hint) is this Frostgrave multipart soldier kit made with female heads. That site has a lot of good lady models in general. Note: I've already got the Wyrd female multipart kit.

Boardgames: I like boardgames! At home I only have Smallworld Underground, some expansions, and Guilds of Cadwallon. If Santa would like to get me a boardgame, it will get played, as I have several board gaming friends who will come over to play. However, as they are boardgamers, I can access many games at their places; maybe ask Leperflesh what I do and don't have access to, to be sure?

Trinkets and such: I like interesting and/or cute things. I wear a ladies M-L shirt, and rarely wear jewellery. It's currently hot as balls down here, and doesn't get too much cooler in winter, so scarves/beanies/etc would sadly not get much use. I've recently started "playing" Neko Atsume and it's ridiculously cute, so cat-related stuff is also good.

Any sort of two-player starter set will be played with by me and my bf. Depending on what it is, I could even record our attempts.

Less good:
Miniature gaming rulebooks: The Frostgrave rulebook could be fun to try, and my bf is super keen on trying the new Kings of War. However, it might be hard to convince my friends to try something new, when I've already pushed them into spending a ton on Malifaux.

Scenery: Probably very hard to ship to Oz. I'd like pretty terrain, but I've got enough to fill a Malifaux table at the moment (even if it's mostly children's building blocks and a farmhouse set...) so it's not a high priority

RPGs: I have a lot of different RPG books, and never get to play them. University and conflicting schedules are not kind to roleplaying. Also, I don't like using pdfs much.

Paints and brushes: I won a literal fistful of brushes from the Oath thread, and even with my terrible maintenance that should last me a while. I also have a lot of paints, but any bright jewel tones will get used. Also, I won an airbrush! So maybe paints for that could be fun to try (after I get a compressor...).

Food and drink would be welcomed, but customs might not be happy. I don't like spicy things.

Dice: I have dice. I have many many dice. I almost never use dice. Why do I have so many dice.

Nope:
No munchkin or similar lolrandom "games".
No dongs, unless startlingly impressive. Also, Santa would have to accept the permanent shame of sending dongs to a girl on the internet.
No Magic, please.

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for TG Secret Santa 2015, that I will send a gift to my Santee on time and hopefully according to their preferences

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

I've just spammed some of the more popular TG threads but I didn't see the frostgrave thread on the first couple pages. Please feel free to post in relevant threads that I've skipped over or missed: just be on-topic and specific to the thread's content, and limit yourself to a single post about TGSS.

Got you covered http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730150&pagenumber=33#post452984360

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Schmetterling posted:

I'm going to participate! Hopefully Santa won't mind that I live in Australia.

My experience is that TG Secret Santa could always use more Australians, welcome aboard!

Brisbane though? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ettin posted:

My experience is that TG Secret Santa could always use more Australians, welcome aboard!

Brisbane though? :colbert:

One thing I think we can all agree on

is that Sydney should be pushed into the ocean

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Nov 21, 2015

• Locked thread