Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
I don't really go to SA anymore, but Leperflesh emailed me and TG Secret Santa is one of my favorite things ever, so here I am back for my third year!!

Gift Preferences: I love board games and RPGs, and also play Netrunner and Lord of the Rings LCG! You can check out my board game wish list here and my DTRPG wishlist here for an idea of what I've got my eye on. Generally, though, I like heavier board games and more indie RPGs, and while I have a lot of both, most of the RPGs I have are in PDF format and print copies are always fun.

I also just started getting into Malifaux! I've never done minis before, so I am definitely lacking stuff like brushes, paints, that kind of thing (EDIT: I now have some brushes and paints, thanks to a Santa!), and I only have four boxes at this point (Sonnia Criid, Tara, Toni Ironsides, and Jakob Lynch).

Generally, though, I'm open to a lot of stuff, and if you think it's fun, I'll probably think it's fun too!

General Location: San Francisco, where I'll probably live until the ridiculously high rent forces me to move! YAY!

Solemn Vow: I actually got Leperflesh as my santee last year and managed not to gently caress it up, and I promise I'll treat you as well as I treated him! Or better!

Spincut fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

My santee's gift is away! Should be there in a little under a week, I reckon.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Hmm, I was gonna wait for the second lightning round, but I'm feeling the Santa love, so sign me up for the first lightning round!

Spincut posted:

I don't really go to SA anymore, but Leperflesh emailed me and TG Secret Santa is one of my favorite things ever, so here I am back for my third year!!

Gift Preferences: I love board games and RPGs, and also play Netrunner and Lord of the Rings LCG! You can check out my board game wish list here and my DTRPG wishlist here for an idea of what I've got my eye on. Generally, though, I like heavier board games and more indie RPGs, and while I have a lot of both, most of the RPGs I have are in PDF format and print copies are always fun.

I also just started getting into Malifaux! I've never done minis before, so I am definitely lacking stuff like brushes, paints, that kind of thing, and I only have four boxes at this point (Sonnia Criid, Tara, Toni Ironsides, and Jakob Lynch).

Generally, though, I'm open to a lot of stuff, and if you think it's fun, I'll probably think it's fun too!

General Location: San Francisco, where I'll probably live until the ridiculously high rent forces me to move! YAY!

Solemn Vow: I actually got Leperflesh as my santee last year and managed not to gently caress it up, and I promise I'll treat you as well as I treated him! Or better!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh dang, a mystery package arrived today! What's inside...?

Woah, a paint set and brushes! Awesome!! I don't have any of either yet, so this is a great starter kit. Thanks, Santa!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

My digital presents are away to Santee! I'm also going to sign up for ~Lightning Round 2~

Spincut posted:

I also just started getting into Malifaux! I've never done minis before, so I am definitely lacking stuff like brushes, paints, that kind of thing, and I only have four boxes at this point (Sonnia Criid, Tara, Toni Ironsides, and Jakob Lynch).

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

LLSix posted:

Secret Santa Spincut sent me these cool books. How did you know exactly what I wanted Santa! I can't wait to read them.

and a bundle of holding supporting the rad girls and guys at the EFF.

Thank you so much Santa!

I also got the first part of my gift from my second secret santa and will post pictures when the second half arrives.

You're welcome! I love Chuubo's and Dungeon World, and there are quite a few in the new Bundle of Holding that I've wanted to check out (Nefertiti Overdrive, Clay That Woke, and Urban Shadows specifically)

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Pyrolocutus posted:

:siren:Dear Pyrolocutus' Santa:siren:

The package from Miniature Market arrived at the address I was at for Thanksgiving and plan to be at for Christmas! I was surprised that you got my gift to me so fast - I actually probably ended up missing its delivery by an hour or so! Rest assured that it is in good hands and I will be opening it later this month, but probably not until the 23rd or so. I do look forward to whatever you've gifted me :) (And I'm now facing down 22 days of anxiousness to see what it is).

On an unrelated note, I have my Santee's gifts and will be sending it to them within the next few days. I'm just 700 miles and one intervening state away from them, so hopefully it'll get there in plenty of time!

Glad to hear it arrived! I was a little worried since Miniature Market didn't send me a tracking number like usual. Post pics when you open it!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I think a secret santa gift is trying to get to me, but the nefarious Grinch by the name of the United States Postal Service is delaying it. They either couldn't get a signature or couldn't find a suitable place, so they didn't deliver on Friday. I scheduled a redelivery for today, so hopefully it'll show up soon!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

My Secret Santa lightning round 2 gift is away!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

A package arrived today!

I wonder what the note says...

Oh. Well I'll chalk that up to Amazon being Amazon.

The Chaos in the Old World expansion! Thanks, Santa!!

This isn't the package I'm *still* waiting on from the post office, though. I have a chance to go over there tomorrow after work, so hopefully I can figure out what's going on.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

thegodofchuck posted:

Spincut, That's from me. It's supposed to say there's another part coming too. Enjoy!

Sweet, thank you!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

thegodofchuck posted:

Present Received!

I found a Miniature Market box at my door, and since I actually go to Miniature Market when I shop there, I knew it had to be from a Santa (or some horrible mistake)!

Malifaux Monks gonna make some Kung-Fools!

And it was from my Santee, which I didn't think happened? So thanks Spincut!

One more Santa out there somewhere. Hmm... Actually, let's make that two.

Woo, glad you got it!

I think I'm still waiting on thegodofchuck's part 2 to arrive, and my package must still be sitting at the post office, since my redelivery request was for a week ago at this point. I'll be getting off work early on Friday so I'm going to swing by and hopefully pick it up!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I'll hop in for Lightning Round 4 since all my santee's gifts have been received!

Spincut posted:

I also just started getting into Malifaux! I've never done minis before, so I am definitely lacking stuff like brushes, paints, that kind of thing (EDIT: I now have some brushes and paints, thanks to a Santa!), and I only have four boxes at this point (Sonnia Criid, Tara, Toni Ironsides, and Jakob Lynch).

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

A box came today!

What's in the box???

PAINT! More paint!! I...guess I need to start painting things, now...

Thanks, who I assume is thegodofchuck!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I got both of my Lightning Round 2 gifts, fyi!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Oh! Ok, cool thanks. For some reason I only had one down.

Yeah, I'm just wrestling with the post office for my Lightning Round 1 gift currently.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

My Lightning Round 4 gift is away! I got it expedited so hopefully it'll show up on my santee's doorstop soon!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

NeoAnjou posted:

OMG!

Secret Santa I love you. Thanks for all the gifts! They're awesome!

How are people posting photos? What's the best way to get an image online these days? 😊

Cheers.

Neil.

I've just been using imgur, it's fast and easy.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Well, I've been to the post office twice now, and the best that anyone can come up with is that my package was returned, even after I tried getting it redelivered twice. Needless to say, I'm really pissed off. I'm really sorry to my Santa, too! Ugh I feel terrible about this whole thing.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

Okay, piercing the veil here. Spincut, this is my gift to you that you're having problems with. I'm sorry that it's been such a hassle but I'm not quite sure what to do at this point either. Returned where? To Coolstuffinc? So what's going to happen at this point? Sorry, I'm just a bit unsure of what I need to do at this point to make things right.

I assume it's being returned to CSI, but they didn't even know for sure if that's what happened. I've never had this happen before, but I feel like CSI should refund you for what you bought or contact you in some way, right? I'm not really sure what to do at this point either. Sorry this is such a hassle!

EDIT: I'm going to email Leperflesh, he might have some advice to give.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

An e-mail to CSI's customer service has been sent and I'm awaiting a response. Spincut, here's status of the package in question, via FedEx...it's listed as "Delivery Exception: Unable to deliver - Please contact local Post Office to pick up or reschedule delivery" as of December 4th, with no further updates past that date. I don't know if contacting anyone at FedEx would be at all helpful but I'll try that next. In the meantime, is there another address you'd care for me to try and send and/or resend this to? Please email Leperflesh with the details if so and he can pass them along to me.

Nah the address I gave is my home address, plus work will be closed for Christmas anyway.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

A delivery!

It was inspected by customs dog

Wait what? There's a problem with this package customs dog?

Wait, that's not yours! Help! Help! Customs dog is trying to steal my...

Malifaux plastic mans and rules! Thanks Santa Spincut!

You're welcome! May your plastic (wo)mans guide you to victory! :australia:

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

What's this? A package on Sunday?!

Holy crap, what a treasure trove!

Two 13th Age books, two Netrunner packs, two packs of sleeves, and two custom dice! Awesome, thank you, Doctor Clockwork!!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Yeah I haven't heard anything from my local post office still.

Thanks for organizing the event once again, Leperflesh! It's always a fun time!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Yeah, still nothing on my end!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I think I got it!

A couple PDFs off my DTRPG wishlist. Thanks, de-grincher!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Hypnobeard posted:

Hey, Spincut, did you get the second part of the de-Grinch? I swear you live in some back alley, because the carrier Amazon used didn't make the delivery on Friday for some reason.

It just arrived! I'll blame OnTrac for this one, they have a...reputation.

Anyway, holy crap, thank you!!

This game looks great, I might even be able to dig into it today. Thanks, Hypnobeard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Wowowow look at what showed up on my doorstep today!!!

(I should get a new comforter at some point so the backgrounds are different)

THANK YOU, KAI TAVE! The story is that the package finally got back around to CSI, and Kai asked them to reship it. I've heard lots of good things about this game, and I'm excited to play!

• Locked thread