Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey, Santa, my name is Safety Factor and I've been pretty good this year. Mostly.

Gift Preferences:
I like tabletop wargames and skirmish games. Currently, I have 40k (don't worry about this, I have enough), Dropzone Commander (PHR and UCM), a few Frostgrave warbands kicking around, and a bunch of converted Blood Bowl teams. My closet is also a sad graveyard of various WHFB models. If I get sent some random model for some game I don't play, that's cool too. I can find a use for anything. I'm also a fan of board games and another cheap one wouldn't be a bad thing. Terrain, paint, glue, hobby tools, or whatever are all welcome. Hell, so are books. Or booze.

Please no:
Anime
Dongs
Card games
Shirts
RPG junk
Weird, pervy models

Solemn Vow:
I swear that my Santee will not be grinched. I've had to Christmas shop in all sorts of weird places over the last few years and always came through despite not being home. I will not gently caress this up either. Hail Santa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright, santee, I've ordered your gifts and I hope you like them. There's two packages on the way and only one's through Amazon. The other might lag a little behind.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kai Tave posted:

I have received a gift!

The gift of diabetes! I've actually wanted to try Raley's candy for a while but never got around to it, so this works out well for me. Like the greedy pig I am I've already cracked into a bag and this stuff's pretty good, so thanks Santa.

Kai Tave posted:

I got another gift! Hot on the heels of my first received present, neither rain, nor rain, nor even more rain prevented Amazon from delivering my second today.

It's motherfucking Space Alert, holy poo poo.

Thank you Secret Santa #2, I've been wanting to give this game a try for a long, long while now. I look forward to subjecting my local board game group to all sorts of space madness as soon as the roads stop flooding, goddamn. And they say there's a second part on the way? You're spoiling me (but I'll still gladly take it).
Both of those gifts were from me so I'm afraid there's no second part on the way. I expected Space Alert would show up first and the candy second. Glad you like(d) both packages.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm going to need the Santa who sent this to Kai Tave to fess up, either here or privately, so that I can discern which of his multiple Santas can be recorded as having gotten a Thing Delivered and Received for Kai Tave.
So, yeah, that'd be me. The candy and Space Alert.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Missing gift receipt confirmation from:

NovaLion
Safety Factor
Gaghskull
Babylon Astrounaut

I was out of town for a few days, but I have the gift now. I will post pictures to show off my loot tomorrow.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright, so I this package more than a week ago and I am just now getting around to posting a picture. Sorry, Santa, whoever you are, but I've been busy. Here's my loot:

Thanks. I've never played tabletop Battletech, but I am a bit of a robot nerd so the gifts are appreciated. It just so happens that a few of my favorites (Jenner, Centurion, Wolfhound) were included and who doesn't love the Atlas? If nothing else, I'll paint these things up. Eventually. :v: As for Lagoon, it seems like a cool game. It has the option to play single player against an "AI" opponent and I've given that a shot. I think I'm better off learning against people and that that mode is more suited to experienced players. I'll have to lure some people into my gooncave to give it a real shot. Thanks again.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

You're welcome! :)

I trolled your post history and found a post where you mentioned you liked the old inner-sphere classic mechs. Figured that was worth a stab!

I kickstarted Lagoon and it's one of my favorite games. It works very well as a 2-player game, but is also a 3-player. I really like the mechanic of how it plays out, you can pursue a particular scoring strategy that might be aligned or opposed to whatever strategy your opponents are pursuing, so you can react to them or cooperate with them in a race. But any tile you draw can suddenly change what you need to do to try and pursue your strategy, and a lot of them offer an option to switch your strategy mid-stream.

Anyway I hope you enjoy it! Merry xmas.

Good to know. I'll definitely check it out once I get the chance. Thanks, you did well.

Though I'm a little creeped out by that post history thing if I'm being honest. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

If it helps, it was a thread I had been reading anyway and I vaguely remembered you saying something like that. The GW death thread maybe.
Who knows, they've all bled together at this point. I definitely did though whenever one of them got around to Battletech for some weird reason.

• Locked thread