Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I've been putting this off for no real reason. It's time to enter the Crucible of Gifts.

Gift Preferences: I'm a collector of weird games, new and old, and dubiously-playable Beautiful Roleplaying Objects; I own a lot of the more common oddities (Synnibarr 2E, SenZar, and such) but am always open to new strangeness. I'm pretty into storygaming and PbtA games, although I've got the most recent AW/PbtA bundle stuff, and I backed Fellowship. I generally prefer dead-tree books to PDF, but Print On Demand is fine with me. Stuff I've been eyeing lately include Chuubo's, Ryuutama, and New Fire. I've also committed the grave sin of playing and liking D&D 5E, so if you desperately want to offload some books, I'll take 'em.

I live with noted mafia/Awful Survivor goon Allen Wren, so feel free to PM him to ask about my preferences, stuff we already own, etc. if you need.

Gift Anti-Preferences: I'm not generally interested in licensed products unless they're a really weird license; I'd gladly take a copy of the Dallas RPG, for instance, but don't want anything Star Wars/Marvel/WH40K/Doctor Who/etc. I don't play minis games or TCGs, so no minis, cards, paints, or related stuff. Do not give Zak, Pundit, James Raggi, or Their Amazing Friends money, and don't give Games Workshop money while you're at it. Please no anime/manga unless it's volumes 6+ of Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service. Nobody in this house drinks on the regular, so alcohol will probably be regifted. Don't send edible bugs; Allen has... regrets.

General Location: Austin, Texas, home of grackles and traffic

A Solemn Vow: I will send a quality gift in a timely manner! Also, I'll try to avoid last year's situation of realizing all the "packing material" I had on hand was an old LP mailer and electrical tape. This package is going out either packaged acceptably by me or, probably, packaged professionally by online sellers.

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

A minor household finance issue will prevent my gift from launching until after the next paycheck, but rest assured that the wheels of Crimbo turn.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

My santee's gift is on its way! Estimated delivery time is 10-15 days, so it should be there by December 8th-9th at the latest. Hopefully.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

A gift has been sent! However, Amazon didn't have gift options on it, so, sorry when you get an entirely plain box with stuff inside.

This happened to me too, albeit with a non-Amazon store. I wanted to write my santee a whole blurb about my selection, but no dice. Hope the plain ol' delivery box doesn't feel too impersonal!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

In exciting news, the dang thing I ordered my Santee last week finally shipped! It should be there by the 17th, if their estimations are correct -- hopefully well before the 17th. At least it's on its way.

In even more exciting news, my gift arrived yesterday! It was, of course, inspected thoroughly for hazards and tastiness:

Inside was Ryuutama!

Really looking forward to learning this game and maybe cajoling some local friends into playing picaresque fantasy stuff with me. Thanks, mysterious Santa!

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 3, 2015

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

DigitalRaven posted:

Open it up, and...

:woop: HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo!!!! :woop:

Thank you Santa!

Not your Santa, but glad to see you got a copy of Nexus! I picked one up myself a month or two ago and it is an amazingly weird thing.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

This is the first day of my Santee's gift's potential arrival window! Here's hoping.

Note to self: never again buy a Secret Santa gift from somewhere that doesn't give a tracking number (and also doesn't ship anything like promptly). A mistake was made, but hopefully this'll still get there on time.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

thegodofchuck posted:

I just got a package from Mantic, so I assumed I was finally getting one of the many things that I need replaced because Mantic isn't all that swell about fulfilling their Kickstarters perfectly. The customs declaration said "Cards" so I thought oh, finally my AI deck for Deadzone, about time, I've only been promised it twice now. $32 is kind of a high declared value though.

Hm, this isn't an AI deck at all? How'd they mess it up like this?!

Oh! I bet this is from my Secret Santa!

Thanks Secret Santa!

Oh, thank God, it finally arrived! I ordered this back in November, because I'm not a minis person and didn't know Mantic had a... reputation. Now I do.

You're welcome! I saw you had an interest in unusual decks of cards/card games on Kickstarter, and when I found that on the Mantic page, I figured you might enjoy it. It can be used as a stand-alone game, a Tarot deck, or a standard card deck. I hope you enjoy it!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Need to hear from whoever sent this - here or privately - becuase thegodofchuck has multiple inbound gifts, so I'm not sure who to mark off as complete!

This one was me. I believe I forwarded you the receipt from Mantic, if you need to confirm?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Happy Boxing Day, thread! I'll echo the thanks to Leperflesh -- the logistics of this thread and the smoothness with which it runs are really impressive. My gift thankfully went better than I expected, but it was good to know there was support if it had gone any worse. (Never ordering directly from Mantic again.)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Rhjamiz posted:

I'm mostly annoyed my santee never posted pictures. My gift could be considered 'jokey' but it ticked like four out of five criteria he listed so I think it totally counts as good gift. But I guess I'll NEVER KNOW.

As your Santee from last year, I will say you are good at gifts. SO THERE.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Looks like the dude ate a month's probation for it, so Ettin's on the job. Sort of wasted on someone who doesn't post, though.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

As someone who doesn't play miniatures games but got a minis-focused Santee this year, I'll say that it'd be nice for minis-wanting folks to be a little more specific about their factions/desires, just because they might get a Santa who's totally clueless. Even if it's just "I play (faction) in (game)" or "I could use some more paints" or whatever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

The inaugural Tradgames St. Patrick's Day Secret Leprechaun Exchange is lookin' good

• Locked thread