Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Gift Preferences I like games! I like board, video, and role playing games.
I've been having fun with Pandemic Legacy recently. Played Codenames with goons at GenCon and it was a good game. Double Cross and Beyond the Wall seemed like interesting RPGs. I'll make lists of what I own or something.

I'll take food or drink as long as they're interesting. No dongs, please.

General Location: My apartment is in Fallout 4.

Solemn Vow: I will do the thing promptly and to the best of my ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Gift is away.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

I got called out of town. My gift will have to wait for me to get back on the 26th.

Sorry, Santa. I promise pictures when I get home, though.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Sorry for radio silence. I'm out of town till the weekend, so I can't comment on the presence or lack of a gift until then.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

I received A Thing! (excuse the potato quality picture, please)

Very comfy socks. I wore them to work today.

Santa wanted me to have a physical thing to unwrap to go with my RPG pdf.

Santa, can you confirm which PDF you got me? I assume it was through Drive Thru because I got an email about them creating a new account for me, despite having an account there for years. Customer service was confused as to what or why. I don't see an email saying something was added and I don't have a list of what I had before.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Wheeeeew! That's at least part of a gift from our totally AWOL goon, who hasn't replied, or posted on SA, since early in December. I sent an email to him this morning, so we'll see if he pops by. Socks by themselves are of course totally inadequate, but let's see what else turns up.

The socks were postmarked the 18th and the email from DriveThru was on the 24th. I don't know which PDF to look for in my collection but I'm willing to assume that it's either there or that DriveThru broke.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

DriveThru responded to my ticket.

" We recently experienced some server issues that likely were the cause of your problem, three are no issues with your account."

I'm following up to see if there's a "you got a gift" email that should have been sent in its place.

Really wish there was a way to see when something was added to my library.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Thanks for the pointers!

Everything in my account is from Bundles of Holding. :(

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Tell me about your socks. If they're not definitely $30 socks, we've got a solid partial-grinch AWOL on our hands, and I will deploy de-grinching procedures pronto.

They're apparently hiking socks for people who go outside. They are very comfortable.
EMS has them for $20 , currently.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

I stand by my opinion. The rules were sadly lacking in tasty meats.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

MySwan posted:

Dear Ego Trip,

I am so sorry for the lack of a timely gift. I purchased you pdfs on DTRPG, apparently you did not get them. I Cannot apologize enough for being MIA for so long on this issue. I will do everything in my power to make sure you get your gift. If you want we can discuss it here or through email if you want. I just want to make sure I get the right email this time or whatever it was. Again, I can't apologize enough, and I will get you a gift no matter what the cost.

No worries, man. This is a delivery failure on DriveThru's part, as far as I can tell.
Feel free to email me at removed.

Ego Trip fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 18, 2016

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

I haven't heard from either.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

MySawn, I've removed my email from the earlier post. Please PM me if you ever find out WTF happened to any PDFs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

To be fair, i almost grinched my Santee the first year I participated. I had to overnight a gift late in the season.

If you let life overcome you, it's easy to gently caress up.

• Locked thread