Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Yeah, stable enough to get back into this. Got some spare cash to burn on goons.

Gift Preferences: Board games, card games (like Love Letter, etc), or other similar games that would be suitable for 2-5 players. I'm also an EFL teacher, so something I can use in the classroom would be pretty cool. Otherwise, I fancy myself an amateur cook, so spices are a plus. I'm also looking to sticker-bomb my car, so decals and stickers would be much appreciated. I've also just ordered the starter set for Netrunner and will be giving that a go soon. Summoner Wars has also piqued my interest.

I'm a big miniatures/war-gaming guy; though right now that's on hold as there isn't a scene in my city, and shipping my collection to me would be a hassle. If you want to send me little tiny men, then historicals are a sure bet, though I've been eye-balling Frostgrave recently. Models are another thing that I'm into, so any kind of model kit will work (up to and including Gunpla - though I have a UC bent when it comes to that).

:siren::siren::siren:DO NOT GIVE GW MONEY!:siren::siren::siren:

Though, if you have an old copy of some GW Historicals rules (especially Tralfagar) or some old BFG ships lying around that you want to alight, I'll be willing to take on the burden of ownership.

Other restrictions: Don't send food or alcohol, as I"m not sure it'll clear customs if it survives the journey here. No RPGs, there's really no scene here (and my 中文 isn't good enough to play with the local D&D groups).

I already own the basic set of Fluxx and "Happy Birthday, Robot", and I do already have a Mahjong set.

General location: Taiwan

Vow: I hereby oath to perform my duties and not grinch anybody. This is not to be taken as a guarantee that there won't be dongs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Presents away!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
My gift is trying to find my Santee, but he's not home. :sweatdrop:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
My gift has arrived! And... I"m really quite surprised how quickly it got here. That's damned fast considering a box from home spent as much time hung up in customs as it did for this present to arrive. I would've posted sooner about the package arriving (I got notice while at work at about 4:00 my time), but wanted to make sure it was my Santa's gift and not something from my folks who might or might not be sending me something.

Anyways! On to pictures, or, how I hate imgur's new format.

The Box. Small, but I didn't expect anything big considering shipping costs, etc. etc. I'm actually surprised all of this clocked in at 2lbs.

Old Bay! I see Old Bay!

Let the spices flow! Good choice in spices, Santa! I will definitely make use of these and especially the Garlic Bread Sprinkle. Old Bay is one of my favorite off-the-shelf spice mixes, and I learned long ago that it makes a good replacement for the flavor packets that come with instant ramen noodles, especially when I want to put actual meat in the bowl. Only thing is...

...my folks already sent me a tin of Old Bay last month. Granted it arrive a bit beat up (theirs is on the left, your pristine-condition tin is on the right). But, I know Old Bay keeps for forever and a day, so it won't be a problem. At least you didn't order a thing of Tony Chachere's as I've already got about a years supply now!

Cool, awesome gift, Santa Occamsnailfile! Definitely going to get lots of use out of this. Wait, there's a game in here, too?

I CAN'T FOOD WITH THIS! ...Actually thanks a bunch, Love Letter is an awesome, light game. One of my coworkers owns it, and we've played several times. It's a great way to warm up to heavier, heady games; or to take a break in between games. I can't express how much I enjoy this game and am both impressed and pleased that you picked this one out. It's not a game I foresee leaving my collection. Basically what I"m saying is, all of you other goons who haven't played this game need to play this game!

Thanks again, Santa!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

NeoAnjou posted:

Well that was more painful than it needed to be! My debit card was rejected by the website [are debit cards a thing in the US? It's just a Visa!] but my credit-card order went through... then about 15 minutes I get a call and text-message from my bank about suspicious activity on my account! [and another from my parents who my bank also called as their number is still on my account!]

Yes, there are debit cards in the US. It's like you said, "suspicious activity" flagged by your bank. My bank pulled that crap on me when I moved to a new state and bought groceries for the first time, even though I told them I was moving and where I was moving to.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

mistaya posted:

Yay a package for me! :neckbeard: The tracking was doing weird stuff, Santa shoplifter, but it made it here anyway no worries!

Yesssss, time to torture I mean get all my friends together to save the world from :cthulhu: once again! Star Realms looks neat too, I am a big fan of small self-contained card games.

Catte-inspector approves, though is sad that the box was too flat to crawl inside of. (Tried anyway.)

I played Star Realms recently. It's a fun two-player deck building game. Not as fiddly as Dominion, very straight forward, but you really need to plan your turns out because order and synergy and all that can affect the game.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

YF19pilot posted:

Yeah, stable enough to get back into this. Got some spare cash to burn on goons.

Gift Preferences: Board games, card games (Star Realms would be awesome), or other similar games that would be suitable for 2-5 players. I'm also an EFL teacher, so something I can use in the classroom would be pretty cool. Otherwise, I fancy myself an amateur cook, so spices are a plus (don't send Old Bay or Tony Chachere's, I've already got two tins!). I'm also looking to sticker-bomb my car, so decals and stickers would be much appreciated. I've also just ordered the starter set for Netrunner and will be giving that a go soon. Summoner Wars has also piqued my interest.

I'm a big miniatures/war-gaming guy; though right now that's on hold as there isn't a scene in my city, and shipping my collection to me would be a hassle. Update: I have learned that there is a small, but growing X-wangs group, so if Santa wanted to get me one of the starter sets, that'd be awesome. If you want to send me little tiny men, then historicals are a sure bet, though I've been eye-balling Frostgrave recently. Models are another thing that I'm into, so any kind of model kit will work (up to and including Gunpla - though I have a UC bent when it comes to that).

:siren::siren::siren:DO NOT GIVE GW MONEY!:siren::siren::siren:

Though, if you have an old copy of some GW Historicals rules (especially Tralfagar) or some old BFG ships lying around that you want to alight, I'll be willing to take on the burden of ownership.

Other restrictions: Don't send food or alcohol, as I"m not sure it'll clear customs if it survives the journey here. No RPGs, there's really no scene here (and my 中文 isn't good enough to play with the local D&D groups).

I already own Love Letter (thanks Occamsnailfile) the basic set of Fluxx and "Happy Birthday, Robot", and I do already have a Mahjong set.

General location: Taiwan

Vow: I hereby oath to perform my duties and not grinch anybody. This is not to be taken as a guarantee that there won't be dongs.

Screw it, I'm in for LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 3! because I'm full of coffee and Christmas cheer. The above has been edited to reflect gifts that I have already received, and also I've managed to learn a little more about the local gaming scene.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Leperflesh posted:

Don't forget to send the email too, please... I know I have you from the main round already, but the emails are used for making round-specific threaded conversations that help me keep things organized.

Ah, crap! Sorry about that! Email sent!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Hostiles Christmas cheer inbound, gift deployed. Santee should receive their gift sometime middle of next week!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Okay, so my shipper said the gift would be delivered between Tuesday and Thursday. Then it shipped with an ETA of Monday. Now I've got an email about a failed delivery! Very strange, but Santee, your gift is waiting for you!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

thespaceinvader posted:

What's this?!
Why it's a package from Amazon (that apparently my phone blurred the poo poo out of lol)

No inspector from me either, but a nice note:

(I checked the delivery note and couldn't wait to open them as I'm probably using them on Wednesday evening...

It's some Imperial Aces. Thanks goon santa YF19pilot.

Part one of my Cheer is listed as having been signed for by a goon's concierge (fancy) so should be picked up this evening. If part 2 hasn't been dispatched by close of play tomorrow I will ring them and chase.

Awesome, glad you got them! Amazon got them out a lot quicker than I thought (and they kept changing the ETA so many times). Originally predicted 15-17, but then Monday, and then I got a notice on Saturday that they tried to deliver! Weird stuff.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
To my Lightning Round 3 Santa; I haven't received your package yet (unless I've somehow managed to confuse your package with one from my AISS Santa, but I think that's unlikely), but it's probably hung up in Customs. If tracking shows customs cleared, it should be here in another day. Also, my folks sent me a package and for some stupid reason updated with "departed Chicago O'Hare" with a time stamp less than 12 hours from clearing customs in Taipei. I got that package today, so USPS doing some funky stuff with tracking.

Basically, if tracking says it cleared customs in Taipei, and it's still "on it's way" I should have it very soon. Please don't worry too much, customs can sometimes be slow here. I understand wholly. I look forward to seeing it soon.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Gravy Train Robber posted:

So far I've received a Children of December box set from one Santa, but no sign of anything else goon-related. I'll be in the office today (25th) and tomorrow (26th) in case anything arrives, but then I'll be gone until the 4th. Someone should be around to sign for it still, though.

Leperflesh posted:

OK, I believe that you received your gift from YF19pilot, but did not yet receive a gift from DeadGame, who shipped on or around the 17th, perhaps with insufficient postage to get it here on time, or perhaps just delayed by the normal postal service difficulties of the season. Keep an eye out for it, but if you don't get it before you're gone, my apologies.

Yeah, that was my gift. I totally forgot to reveal myself as the Santa on that one (I picked Rasputina because she was the starter set I had bought when I was first thinking of getting into Malifaux, really enjoyed painting her up).

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Just got my lightning round gift. Will post pictures later. Needless to say, communism has been delivered :china:

Star Realms! And an Imperial Battleship! (I don't have my tome of Imperial ships recognition data slate with me to specifically name what class this is) I'm assuming it's a recast based on what I was told via the Santa-Santee mediator and the fact that my first reaction on picking it up was "gee, this is awfully light for a battleship." I thought shipping may have damaged it as several turrets were missing, but then I found a letter!

I don't know who this Hieronymous S Lammershammer QC, DSO, MM, MC, BAR, Gavestons (pig), person is, but he seems a good sort. Also, totally understand the deal with the turrets, I have a ton of extras back home if I can get my folks to dig out my BFG stuff and send it here.

Thanks a bunch, Loxbourne. Sorry that Customs delayed delivery until after Christmas, but I'll enjoy it the same!

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
The season of gift giving is upon us here in Taiwan (Lunar/Chinese New Year).

Leperfish, I know you keep going on about the rules being too long, so if you want, I can take a look and see if I can help edit them down. Imported raw into Word, it is about 13 pages long (images imported as BBCode), taking out spaces, extra lines and images brings it down to about nine and a half. I need practice editing anyways, so let me know if you're cool with me taking a stab at it.

• Locked thread