Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mine's also in the 80's; i don't remember which was first exactly but the Warriors of the Wind movie (the heavily edited and changed ghibli movie Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind) and Robotech. Mainly Robotech really, i lived just close enough to school that i could be home in time to catch it, most of my friends lived just far enough away that they'd miss at least half of it so i was the only one who really got hooked on it. People died! poo poo blew up! There was romance! It was, in short, way more like Star Wars than any of the other crappy cartoons on tv.

I didn't really know it was Japanese, and definitely didn't know how it combined 3 unrelated shows or any of that stuff. I just knew it was fuckin rad.

The first anime that i knew was from Japan and was when Akira got its first US vhs release and some of my filmnerd friends and i watched it and were blown away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hail to thee, o Pizza Cats
Please ring your little bell

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

klapman posted:

I was really young and saw card captor sakura on TV, it was some episode about travelling through time and I remember it blew my drat mind as a kid. Now all I can watch is cool animes about time travel, everything else is off limits

Well, I hope you've seen The Girl Who Leapt Through Time .

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This, of all threads is a very silly thread for any kind of normie calling.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Did cartoon network even show the third part of Robotech (the Invid Invasion)? That was my second favorite as a kid. Whenever I happened to see it was on, all I ever saw was episodes from the first and second chunks.

I keep meaning to watch Genesis Climber Mospeda in its original form, but haven't yet.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 17, 2015

• Locked thread