Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i watched a bunch of generic saturday morning cartoons in the early 2000s that were varying levels of anime-y, in addition to pokemon. i remember that one french CGI show code lyoko, yugioh, avatar, teen titans, the transformers series running at the time which was made in japan, stuff like that. i was never really big into naruto or DBZ, partly because i was young enough that those shows seemed scary and violent. i mostly stopped watching cartoons by like 8th grade though, and after that i got indirect exposure to anime through knowing about / coming into contact with 4chan and the internet.

and then, years later, i watched kill la kill because i thought some guy's FYAD avatar was funny and why the hell not, and i discovered to my deep shock that anime is actually good

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

A lot of 80's early morning cartoon stuff was either straight up anime or animated in Japan to the point where shows like He-Man used to have a weird racist 'made in America by Americans' disclaimer in it.

E: actually that might have been BraveStar

same but continuing into the mid 2000s

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Pavlov posted:

The localized term is 'tsundere'

i think you're tsundere, in fact

tsundere for anime

Eonwe posted:

Pavlov is good, actually

he's poo poo tier, just like the tsunderes he imitates

• Locked thread