Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The majority of replies will be:
I'm gay
videogames are for children, OP
gas thread, ban OP
cuck / GOKU
View Results

• Locked thread
Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
While I'm kinda enjoying the "whizzing around the map like a spidermonkey with a jetpack" thing COD is doing these days, I kinda miss the 'military man shooter' formula. Imagine how amazing it would be if instead of trying to release a more futuristic war game each year, Activision just took the same strategy Valve took with TF2 but applied it to MW2 (:rip:)

Yearly map / gun / game mode updates but MW2 style gameplay without the jetpacks and lasers and cyborg arms and cigar smoking lesbians with grenade launchers. I don't know about you guys but I would play that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Why can't we just have a good old World War 2 shooter again like the good old days?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
IIRC Call of Duty is actually going to go back to WWII at some point in the next game or two now that the wells of "2000's era brownman desert wars", "Tom Clancy Futurewar featuring the Chinese and Russians", and "Deus Ex shootmans" wells are effectively pumped dry.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Lunixnerd posted:

While I'm kinda enjoying the "whizzing around the map like a spidermonkey with a jetpack" thing COD is doing these days, I kinda miss the 'military man shooter' formula. Imagine how amazing it would be if instead of trying to release a more futuristic war game each year, Activision just took the same strategy Valve took with TF2 but applied it to MW2 (:rip:)

Yearly map / gun / game mode updates but MW2 style gameplay without the jetpacks and lasers and cyborg arms and cigar smoking lesbians with grenade launchers. I don't know about you guys but I would play that game.

its called... battlefield. lol

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Call of Duty: French Indian Wars

aka Seven Years War

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

1gnoirents posted:

its called... battlefield. lol

The last good battlefield was bad company 2

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
Call of Duty: Korea

Call of Duty: Vietnam

yes please.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
call of duty is traditionally slow and boring. any improvement to mobility is good imo

not that 'd play it anyway but in principle

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Bokito posted:

yes please.

Yea, I need the QTE where you mainline heroin because there's no fighting

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
loving every drat comment on any blops video is WHY CANT WE JUST GO BACK TO MODERN WEAPONS AND STUFF

theres like 50 modern warfare games, just play one of those

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Lunixnerd posted:

The last good battlefield was bad company 2

the last good battlefield where someone who sucked could still get kills* was bad company 2

alternative, the last good battlefield that could run on a piece of poo poo computer was bad company 2***********

bad company 2 was good. battlefield 3 was good. battlefield 4 was good if you could wait a loving month. battlefield 2 was good.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Snatch Duster posted:

Call of Duty: French Indian Wars

aka Seven Years War

i would play that

*takes two minutes to reload musket between each shot, gets stabbed in face with hatchet

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

i would play that

*takes two minutes to reload musket between each shot, gets stabbed in face with hatchet

i'd take the perk that lets you reload in 1 minute

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

op is not the blackest

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Bokito posted:

yes please.

call of duty: unit 731