Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it's more complicated and more retarded than that

the rules are back but none of the mods want to enforce them so they're going to settle for randomly banning wide swathes of posters at random for technical infractions because it's "funny"

or, maybe we'll have both gbs 1.0 and gbs 2.0 posts at the same time, and swathes of aggressively bad posters will be banned occasionally

*casts a wary gaze at ANIME IS BLOOD*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Also I feel bad that decades of bullying and harassment has left jake lloyd a psychotic basketcase but loving lol

etalian posted:

The report about Lloyd's mental health issues came as dramatic dash cam footage from the high-speed chase that led to his arrest showed Lloyd driving like he was trying to relive his pod-racing glory.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ContraBoss posted:

Thank you so much for the prompt correct answer and making my day.

For all the (rightful) hate Lucas gets over the prequels he pretty much owns for embracing his role as Star Wars Villain. How many other old fat dudes could pull off that pic

Also it was really funny when he trolled people by wearing a Greedo Shot First t-shirt and calling lightsabers Laser Swords

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Xaris posted:

Lucas is actually a really great irl troll.

He wanted to build a studio on Skywalker ranch out in Marin but NIMBYites basically blocked him because, reasons. So now he's building a giant affordable housing complex on his land instead to house the poors just so he can give Marin the middle finger and piss off all the rich nimby yuppies

http://sfist.com/2015/04/17/marin_wars_george_lucas_keeps_troll.php

By all accounts Lucas is a pretty cool dude IRL, he just became a fat and lazy director.

Give Prometheus about six-ten years and you'll see Ridley Scott receive the same flack for his Please Retire Trilogy

(I havent seen martian but i know it has a happy ending and he makes it home, so i'l assume its bad)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

does the guy who played jar jar ever get poo poo because knowing nerds if they bothered to read the credits and learn his name there'd probably be assassination attempts

I dont know about getting poo poo on, but he defends the prequels and iirc his twitter avatar is him in the cgi "giant jar jar head on top of a normal human head" getup

im assuming being the body of jar jar binks is enough divine punishment that everyone decided it would be too sad to harass him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
if you're both schizo and a sociopath, does the latter cancel out the former

like the microwave starts whispering "your mother never loved you, why not end it all" and you just go gently caress off mac, gimme my burrito

• Locked thread