Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Tevery Best posted:

So, can somebody tell me what's such an issue with cross-deck firing? I mean, isn't it just the matter of keeping enough space for the turret to turn around? What does ticking that checkbox represent?

Most of ships are flammable and a 12" rifle makes a hell of a burst of flame.

12 -1s for real? Ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

It would be good to build some new fleet destroyers for our inevitable surprise attack on Dairen.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Riso posted:

There could simply be a 'historical' mode that scrips WW1.

You basically just asked for SaI which is the precursor of this game.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

aircraft carriers are dumb and bad

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Corbeau posted:

Look at how wrong you are.

Real men don't need armor and oversized guns. :colbert:

real men dont need no stinkin airplanes

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Italy's special should be some sort of "can blow up your ships at anchor with frogmen"

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I thought top left was a Dunkerquebut it's way too big and I loving forgot about the Richelieu

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I did not realize that silly 3 - 2 - 2 - 3 superfiring arrangement that the RtW AI loves so much was the reconstructed Cavour-class armament.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

xthetenth posted:

Nevadas too.

Good god that's an ugly ship.

Lattice masts are almost as bad as pagodas.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Did you just say Pagodas are bad.

Gentlemen, I believe we have a foreign spy. No grateful subject of the Empire would ever disparage the best part of the boat.

hey lemme just stack a bunch of retarded lovely looking blocks on top of the front middle part of the boat

do you have more blocks i need more blocks

no they should not be remotely similar in size and shape

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Adventure Pigeon posted:

It's worth noting that we've had long gaps in naval warfare before. Consider the gap between the War of 1812/Napoleonic Conflicts and WW1. Naval technology atrophied badly during that time and it cost all sides dearly, especially the British. As long as there're oceans and trade across them, there'll be navies.

There was actually a shitload of naval innovation in this time period.

Now you could probably make an argument for the late Roman Republic / early Roman Empire around those lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Veloxyll posted:

Lots of innovation. Just not in the ranks of the Royal Navy.

Would there even be a call for gun battles these days? because it seems like Cruise missiles might be simpler. Depending how Aegis affects the whole balance., since cruise missiles are still bigger and more expensive than cannon based weapons.

And are ships even armoured to withstand ship-board artillery these days?

there was plenty of innovation within the RN

• Locked thread