Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
AJ Hammons still not starting, probably not playing. Painter won't specify why, just says that it is "personal issues".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
OK, the Michigan State game is only on WatchESPN, but it's not actually working on WatchESPN, and for some reason none of the Spartan radio affiliates are playing it as far as I can tell. What the gently caress?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's on ESPN 3.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/sport/soccer-futbol/channel/espn3#sport/basketball/type/livenow/

AppleTV is awesome for watching these games on ESPN 3 if you have it.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 14, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

It's on ESPN 3.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/sport/soccer-futbol/channel/espn3#sport/basketball/type/livenow/

AppleTV is awesome for watching these games on ESPN 3 if you have it.

I'm aware. I'm saying It was broken for this game and this game alone until about a minute ago.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gotcha. It's a janky system.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Purdue blasts North Carolina A&T 81-40, two starters finishing with a double-double, sophomore Isaac Haas and freshman Caleb Swanigan.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Denzel Valentine goes 13-9-8 against Florida Atlantic. Deyonta Davis debuts with a double-double (on 5-13 shooting or something though, yuck). Matt Costello looks great. Eron Harris off to an inauspicious start (2-7 shooting, 0-4 from three). Free throw shooting is still awful.

Takeways: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it's Florida Atlantic.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

So happy basuketbuall is back guys.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

The Great Autismo! posted:

Purdue blasts North Carolina A&T 81-40, two starters finishing with a double-double, sophomore Isaac Haas and freshman Caleb Swanigan.

AJ Hammons didn't play, no word on the exact reason and all Painter will say is that he "needs to take care of business". In good news Isaac Haas might be able to hit free throws this year, huge for him because he gets fouled a ton.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Athanatos posted:

So happy basuketbuall is back guys.

Kent State, but not Kansas, smh.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

PotatoJudge posted:

AJ Hammons didn't play, no word on the exact reason and all Painter will say is that he "needs to take care of business". In good news Isaac Haas might be able to hit free throws this year, huge for him because he gets fouled a ton.

This was the magical 3rd game of not playing which means it was a drug test.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
UCLA, Wisconsin and NC State all lost.

Bless you college basketball for bringing me so much joy already.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Cool, Illinois is trash yet again

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

UCLA, Wisconsin and NC State all lost.

Bless you college basketball for bringing me so much joy already.

And for one day, USC has a better record than UCLA

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I fully expected Mizzou to lose to Wofford but they managed to pull out a 9 point win. Next up, the formidable Maryland Eastern Shore

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Gamecocks took care of business against Norfolk State, 84-69. The game got a little closer than necessary at times because of some sloppiness, but overall the new guys played well together. This appears to be the deepest team we've had in years, possibly since our NIT days.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How did Butler find the time to score 144 points?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Baylor Bitch

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

How did Butler find the time to score 144 points?

Apparently they're an uptempo team this year. Who knew such a thing is possible?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lol wisconsin

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MourningView posted:

lol wisconsin

NCAAB Nov. N/V: "gently caress Duke, lol Wisconsin"

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
News: just saw highlights of the Georgetown-Radford game.

Views: :stare:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

MourningView posted:

lol wisconsin

I'll never forgive Wisconsin for beating Baylor so they should lose forever while Baylor "Champs Out" This year (non racistly)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol at Northwestern's non-conf schedule:

UMass Lowell
Fairfield
Columbia
UNC (CBE Classic)
Mizzou or Kstate (CBE Classic)
New Orleans
@VA Tech (Big Ten/ACC Challenge)
SIU Edwardsville
Chicago State
Mississippi Valley State
@Depaul (Rosemont's Big East Team)
Sacred Heart
Loyola (Maryland)

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

AJ Hammons still in the doghouse, not playing again today. Shouldn't matter too much today, they're playing Vermont who tops out at 6'9 on their frontline.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

News:

quote:

Following resolutions in both the legal and the campus judicial processes, student-athlete Anton Beard has been reinstated to the men’s basketball team, but will remain suspended from all competition for the remainder of the fall semester.

Views: I was expecting Beard to end up being sent away for a long time but instead he will be with the team again next month. A lucky break for us. He was hit with three counts of first-degree forgery, which is a Class B felony in Arkansas, 5-20 years and/or $15,000.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU at no. 16 Utah tonight on ESPN2. I am already hype.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

N: Indiana vs. Austin Peay tonight.

V: Seriously why do even schedule this kind of team? At least Creighton has been kind of good at some point in the last century.

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade

MourningView posted:

lol wisconsin

oops

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gators home opener tonight. Team looked athletic, raw and deep against Navy. If they clean up the turnovers and successfully embrace White's uptempo offense then it could be a fun season.

Or we might be a sub .500 team. I have no idea at this point.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
UVA plays GW in what should be a good game tonight. Good chance that UVA drops this one, but I'm ok with it. I prefer we schedule teams like this instead of the Morgan States of the world.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ross Angeles posted:

SDSU at no. 16 Utah tonight on ESPN2. I am already hype.

I hope you lose :twisted:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Not sure if you care about women's basketball but unranked Florida is beating number 6 FSU on the SEC network.

Any time Florida gets the best of FSU, especially a high ranked FSU, I'm happy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lessail posted:

I hope you lose :twisted:

Wouldn't surprise me. Utah is good and we're a really really young team at the guard spot.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Any of you guys ever been to a Denver Pioneers game? They're only a couple miles from me now so they will probably be my adopted second team. I'm going on Wednesday, just wondering if there is anything cool there or if it's just lovely basketball?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SDSU played well, Utah played better. Aztecs gotta protect the three point line better, you're not gonna win a lot of games if you let your opponent make 12 threes.

Oh well.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Bam Adebayo announcing for Kentucky in the morning despite being a supposed NC State lock for months, because of course he is.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Please don't get embarrassed at Villanova tonight, Nebraska.

I <think> this team will be better than last year's. i.e. NIT worthy. Even with Terran Pettaway gone we should have a few more semi-legit scoring options and be improved from three-point range. Still could use a reliable big man, but we've said that for nearly 10 years now.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I don't really know why I'm concerned about rankings so early in the season, but three teams ahead of ISU have lost. Duke probably stays in place since it was to Kentucky, but I can see ISU sliding past Kansas and definitely Virginia. I can't remember the last time ISU was in the Top 5, maybe 2000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
Rumblings about Malik Monk signing with Kentucky starting to trickle out. Hardly a surprise, even with the family connections (and if those same rumblings are true, the family connection wasn't exactly working in our favor).

As an Arkansas fan, I am completely inured to disappointment. Still, meh.

• Locked thread