Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultimo Hombre
Jul 26, 2015

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think America should legalize fighting. If two people have a beef and consent to throw down and sign an agreement, then they are free to punch the poo poo out of each other and will not be held liable for any injury and\or death. I think this would solve a lot of problems.

My school would literally do this, if you had a problem with another kid they would give you boxing gloves and two teachers would go into the gym to make sure it didn't get to out of hand. But that was in the mid 80's so back then it wasn't that big of a deal.
I can remember being given "swats" with a paddle by the school principle because I was helping a girl in my class with her reading assignment and it made our teacher mad. My parents never hit or abused us at home but for some reason they thought if we got spanked at school, well we must have deserved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
lol at parents who let some retard with an education certificate hit their kids, that rules

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
yeah it's true op the adoption of traditionally feminine traits like being a passive aggressive pussy with no spine or balls by this generation of supposed men is a real thing, whether or not it is a bad or good thing idk. growing up, having the will and wherewithal to throw down if someone was being disrespectful towards u was the only way to be in life and now that everybody is a wilting bitchboi the willingness to pop somebody in the mouth or nose is not a useful coping mechanism and can in fact be detrimental to one's social life.

it seems like everybodys taken that internet attitude of being able to say whatever to anybody into the real world but the social structures that once allowed you to beat the poo poo out of rude little bitches no longer exists which creates a positive feedback loop if you wanna be a loudmouth pussy now that society is encouraging and buoying this behavior

all this nerd culture poo poo has done is created a world where a little tiny bitch pussy can bully a strong and confident alpha male without worrying about getting his neck broke and i for one wont stand for it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
If you wanna talk about pussification, ask me about the OP's mom ,cause I had sex with her (in h er pussy)

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I think the problem which the thread title refers to is a result of liberal culture trying to create and enforce a system of morality without the Fear and Love of God

Without that, everyone just becomes isolated babies and the moral thing is considered that which doesn't upset anyone ever.

It's turning society into children

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

A good example is the liberal attitude towards tolerance and multiculturalism.

It's bad to ever talk about race or religion or politics or anything that matters because the worst sin is to make people uncomfortable, all this does is isolate everyone further from one another because no one can be real with anyone out of fear of offending.

To properly love and respect someone, you should be able to criticize them.

This anti-criticism nonsense just creates further isolation and superficiality

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm Offended

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

That's not to say bigotry is good, but liberals don't see how stupid colorblind tolerance actually reinforced systemic bigotry and subconscious racism.

Basically....Zizek was right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT3FTYEwQKU

Commie NedFlanders fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 15, 2015

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Commie NedFlanders posted:

It's bad to ever talk about race or religion or politics or anything that matters because the worst sin is to make people uncomfortable, all this does is isolate everyone further from one another because no one can be real with anyone out of fear of offending.

actually everyone under the age of 30 talks like this ^^^ because they think it makes them sound smart and aware

ppl will not shut the gently caress up about race and gender and politics which is irritating because any idiot can do a zizek by way of gawker media impression if you follow the right blogs and can memorize some jargon and it is not a good substitute for critical thinking skills and has the hilariously and sadly ironic effect of making young liberals woefully ill equipped to actually socialize with a diverse group of ppl

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

wiffle ball bat posted:

actually everyone under the age of 30 talks like this ^^^ because they think it makes them sound smart and aware

ppl will not shut the gently caress up about race and gender and politics which is irritating because any idiot can do a zizek by way of gawker media impression if you follow the right blogs and can memorize some jargon and it is not a good substitute for critical thinking skills and has the hilariously and sadly ironic effect of making young liberals woefully ill equipped to actually socialize with a diverse group of ppl

So you're saying the future is Republicans? :monocle:

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

VendaGoat posted:

So you're saying the future is Republicans? :monocle:

the future is ppl like commie ned falnder's gimmick character that he does

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

wiffle ball bat posted:

Where do you live where people talk like this?

quote:

What are you talking about, bud?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

wiffle ball bat posted:

yeah it's true op the adoption of traditionally feminine traits like being a passive aggressive pussy with no spine or balls by this generation of supposed men is a real thing, whether or not it is a bad or good thing idk. growing up, having the will and wherewithal to throw down if someone was being disrespectful towards u was the only way to be in life and now that everybody is a wilting bitchboi the willingness to pop somebody in the mouth or nose is not a useful coping mechanism and can in fact be detrimental to one's social life.

you should really talk to someone about your violence and rage issues. fantasizing about some mythical version of the past where people punched each other all the time is not healthy. it's weird as poo poo and nobody believes you're some irl tough guy. you just say bitch and pussy a lot. get help.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

wiffle ball bat posted:

it seems like everybodys taken that internet attitude of being able to say whatever to anybody into the real world but the social structures that once allowed you to beat the poo poo out of rude little bitches no longer exists which creates a positive feedback loop if you wanna be a loudmouth pussy now that society is encouraging and buoying this behavior

all this nerd culture poo poo has done is created a world where a little tiny bitch pussy can bully a strong and confident alpha male without worrying about getting his neck broke and i for one wont stand for it.

I agree that sometimes people benefit from a good rear end whoopin but people abused that system and turned it into excuses for lynching parties and gay bashing.

It doesn't work. You aren't some ponyboy running the streets where you gotta fight to survive. In our modern culture, physical violence is rarely necessary.

Someone is disrespecting you? Turn the other cheek bruh, what are you trying to prove or afraid to lose?

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Where do you live where people talk like this?

What are you talking about, bud?

i live in a place with lots of young white liberals with humanities degrees and they're all experts on racial and gender issues and would like to tell you about it at great length and also would you like to smoke weed and watch some zizek?

the black husserl posted:

you should really talk to someone about your violence and rage issues. fantasizing about some mythical version of the past where people punched each other all the time is not healthy. it's weird as poo poo and nobody believes you're some irl tough guy. you just say bitch and pussy a lot. get help.

if you think it's mythical it's because you are, and please excuse my language, a sheltered pussy. it's not even the past! i am sorry you are only familiar with people in a very narrow socioeconomic strata. that must make it very difficult for you to understand people that are not similar to you.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

wiffle ball bat posted:

This is a whole lot of words that mean absolutely nothing. Get back to your safe space you sissy.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
hell dozens of people got shot this weekend over twitter beef and various other kinds of perceived disrespect, yet no where on gods green earth does there exist a place where ppl punch faces. narnia rear end poo poo im telling u

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Dubplate Fire posted:

This is a whole lot of words that mean absolutely nothing. Get back to your safe space you sissy.

im sorry your mad, i hope you find the courage to be less mad in the future

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

wiffle ball bat posted:

im sorry your mad, i hope you find the courage to be less mad in the future

I'm not mad. I think I misread what you typed tbh, I just don't know what people have against open dialogue.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
see what i mean kids these days have no critical thinking skills just a series of preprogrammed responses to dimly perceived stimuli and it makes them stoopid

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

wiffle ball bat posted:

see what i mean kids these days have no critical thinking skills just a series of preprogrammed responses to dimly perceived stimuli and it makes them stoopid

Lol yea I feel extra dumb cuz I agree with the second paragraph.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

I agree that sometimes people benefit from a good rear end whoopin but people abused that system and turned it into excuses for lynching parties and gay bashing.

It doesn't work. You aren't some ponyboy running the streets where you gotta fight to survive. In our modern culture, physical violence is rarely necessary.

Someone is disrespecting you? Turn the other cheek bruh, what are you trying to prove or afraid to lose?

missed this post earlier and i think it's good and true for the most part

in my irl i try to live a life of true pacifism which is eliminating violence from your heart and deeds and speech. a passive aggressive man who wants to hurt people indirectly cultivates violence in his heart, and what is missing is the lesson that cultivating violence in your heart begets greater and less wieldy violence that may be beyond your ability to control.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
it always warms my heart when i am on the public transportation and a young man or woman is on his or her cell phone speaking to another young man or woman about how they heard that they were talking poo poo and that they have an appt for their faces to get hosed up. they are american heroes providing deprived people with the consequences their actions often so richly deserve. there is still realness and beauty in the world, you just have to know where to look (the city bus)

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

wiffle ball bat posted:

i live in a place with lots of young white liberals with humanities degrees and they're all experts on racial and gender issues and would like to tell you about it at great length and also would you like to smoke weed and watch some zizek?

Sounds pretty cool, I'm a Texas man, it's not like that here. wanna trade? :clint:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

wiffle ball bat posted:

missed this post earlier and i think it's good and true for the most part

in my irl i try to live a life of true pacifism which is eliminating violence from your heart and deeds and speech. a passive aggressive man who wants to hurt people indirectly cultivates violence in his heart, and what is missing is the lesson that cultivating violence in your heart begets greater and less wieldy violence that may be beyond your ability to control.

A cool and good post

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Sounds pretty cool, I'm a Texas man, it's not like that here. wanna trade? :clint:

brisket and outlaw country are never far from my heart but if you are sick of it and have good job skills then you will find your holy land of conspicuous liberals in several major californian cities, certain boroughs of new york, and the more recently gentrified parts of chicago.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Fight with your economies boys.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

wiffle ball bat posted:

brisket and outlaw country are never far from my heart but if you are sick of it and have good job skills then you will find your holy land of conspicuous liberals in several major californian cities, certain boroughs of new york, and the more recently gentrified parts of chicago.

The problem is that my personal values are fairly conservative and Christian but my interests and politics are radical and leftist

I need to figure out if southerners are more open to the truth of Marxism or if liberals are more open to he truth of God

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Better yet maybe liberals should read more Marx and republicans should practice more Christianity

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Better yet maybe liberals should read more Marx and republicans should practice more Christianity

Liberals reading Marx these days? Ha fuckin' ha.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

gently caress you commie ned flanders your analysis is poo poo and you are poo poo, I hope you never grace these forums with your dumb rear end opinions ever again

I'm only doing this because I love you

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

mdm posted:

gently caress you commie ned flanders your analysis is poo poo and you are poo poo, I hope you never grace these forums with your dumb rear end opinions ever again

I'm only doing this because I love you

if you are riled up over ned flanders you deserve to be riled up

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Jukeboxblues posted:

The Pussification of America has been happening since the end of WW2. hth

Before then, actually. In 1926, the Chicago Tribune published an anonymous newspaper editorial ranting about a men's room vending machine that dispensed pink talcum powder :supaburn: It was all Rudolph Valentino's fault for making people think it was cool to be an effeminate man!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
my ten and thirteen year old nephews could loving destroy any soft city bitch boy of equivalent age, they are hardcore as gently caress

the older one could probably kick my rear end if he got the jump on me

the trick is to disconnect them from computers and make them do real poo poo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I get all my childrearing advice from wh40k

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Kids these days
This generation
They don't know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pa6SGYWADU

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

this is true and it's what i call "distorted progressivism". you gotta point it out and constantly fight it because lovely people will always find their way into good movements and rot them from the inside.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I got bullied in school and I turned out just fine!

*pops a Xanax*

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Saw a parent storm into a classroom today furious that her dumbass kid got a C on a test and said there were some "shenanigans" being pulled because her kid wouldn't have got less than an A. The kid was crying. This was 8th grade.

The mom was kinda hot though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zippy the Bummer posted:

my ten and thirteen year old nephews could loving destroy any soft city bitch boy of equivalent age, they are hardcore as gently caress

the older one could probably kick my rear end if he got the jump on me

the trick is to disconnect them from computers and make them do real poo poo

My nephews the same age are visiting and they rigged up a ride on lawnmower with a trailer to haul pallets around and built a cubby house outta pallets on their own in like 2 hours. I think they shot about 200 22lr bullets and missed like 4 times. One of them cut his finger open and didn't even make a noise.

When i was their age i was probably really good at Ultima 7 but thats about it

• Locked thread