Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
drat, it's a real long while since I last played Ace Combat Zero. Going to be real interesting to see what others have to say about the game. Actually remembered the time when I found out you could select which targets you wanted instead of letting it auto track a target, it was a glorious-3-seconds-before-lawn-darting. Which I missed in other installments.

Honestly wouldn't mind if you had two different videos, one with commentary and another without. Wouldn't really be that hard if you're doing post commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

To the point of lawn darting from the starting point.

Oh lordy, I just remembered the first time I played this game and I game overed in the first mission solely because I RAMMED INTO ONE OF THE BOMBERS, by accident.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

It also highlights the fact that the only reason pilots like Cipher and co. become battlefield legends in AC games is because they have access to a magical pool of infinite auto-reloading missiles and no one else does.

Alternatively be extremely accurate with their guns. And/Or a similar limitless pool of bullets.

gunkills in this game are an impressive thing

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

He is literally "covering your rear end", as you can say.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

http://www.vg247.com/2015/11/30/ace-combat-7-announce-spoiled-by-infinity-update-rumour/

:aaaaa:
Gods I hope this is true. :pray:

I dunno, I could do some combat flying to Blurry just because how ingrained the association I have with that track and Ace Combat.
Even if your point is pretty good too.

Huh. Thought they decided to kill the franchise after Infinity. This is good to know.

edit: bets on it becoming a remake of AC3 but less confusing

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 30, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Kind of looks like a space elevator with how tall that tower is.

Possibly closing up on Electrosphere's era?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

tithin posted:

You dudes realise that you can just play them for fun right (electrosphere etc) and who cares where they fit in the timeline?

Your point being?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Fuuuuuck, I am legitimately jealous that I don't have the disposable income to actually buy those kits for myself.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Hilariously enough, I remember a time from the past when I was playing this mission I took out Gelb's planes in 3 seconds with 2 XMAAs or XLAAs.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Not enough flying tentacles. I also don't think the taser would appreciate people stepping in it's dominion.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Jeeze, that alone man.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

what :what:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I have. They kept blowing up every 3 seconds.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Dead Reckoning posted:

poorlywrittennovel: "So when are you going to get the anime girls on the plane?"
Japanese Self-Defense Forces: "Way ahead of you, fam."

These 3 are probably the most sensible of anime characters when you consider what they're based off of.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Dead Reckoning posted:

The USAF's solution to this problem was... to paint the fuel trucks shiny white until they can buy some sunshades. Apparently that did the trick.

Make sense since white reflects sunlight while black completely absorbs it, so it ends up generating less heat than if they left it steel gray.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Cythereal posted:

That was an oddly underwhelming superweapon, though the Infinity game gave it justice. I was at least expecting a constant air threat to break up the "lob missiles a giant chunk of HP until it dies" phases.

When you first play it for the first time, it's actually intimidating. Especially if you were a kid and didn't wrap your head around the concept of jamming stations. If you payed attention to the end of the update's video, the laser is actually wicked fast. So if you were near it you would be incredibly hard pressed to avoid it.

Most of the threats in this game are neutered when you have a sufficiently fast plane really.

And with the infinity update, it's more:
"YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME? BLARAJSDKHLASDLAS HOW DO YOU LIKE MY SUPER FIGHTERS" Massive dogfight in a laser grid ensues.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Looks like a butterfly.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

:siren::siren::siren: A U D I E N C E | P A R T I C I P A T I O N | T I M E :siren::siren::siren:

Use the A-10 in the final boss fight.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 14, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

That was beautiful. Especially your majestic flight in the flying brick. And the sky toilet.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Something that explodes for no reason or ejects you from the cockpit while it flies into the atmosphere.

Or deletes itself while you're attempting to go into hyper space.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I don't think that counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

There's always the fan theory of Cipher being Mobius 1.

• Locked thread