Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Applewhite posted:

Bullying is wrong, but I think Zero Tolerance anti-bullying programs marginalize troubled children and also teach non-bullies that the best way to deal with conflict is to have anyone who picks on you silenced by the establishment.

We need to put more money into education so that teachers have the training and motivation to spend time with their students and work through their issues, be they bully or victim, so that children can learn conflict resolution and also that sometimes you just need to suck it up and learn to accept that teasing is a part of life.

Serious bullying where people actually get hurt needs to be handled swiftly and decisively, but if a bully situation has come to blows then the system has already failed both children.

on the other hand, daddy's 9mm or .45 is always there for you, will always be your friend, and will quickly solve your problems (so long as you're under 18).

i guess what i'm saying here is, shoot your bullies or shoot yourself, NERD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread