Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

The Top BCS Playoff Committee Top 25 Presented by AT&T

1 Clemson 10-0
2 Alabama 9-1
3 Ohio State 10-0
4 Notre Dame 9-1
5 Iowa 10-0
6 Oklahoma State 10-0
7 Oklahoma 9-1
8 Florida 9-1
9 Michigan State 9-1
10 Baylor 8-1
11 Stanford 8-2
12 Michigan 8-2
13 Utah 8-2
14 Florida State 8-2
15 LSU 7-2
16 Navy 8-1
17 North Carolina 9-1
18 TCU 9-1
19 Houston 10-0
20 Northwestern 8-2
21 Memphis 8-2
22 Ole Miss 7-3
23 Oregon 7-3
24 USC 7-3
25 Wisconsin 8-2

All times are in Eastern

Thursday Night Games:

East Carolina Vs UCF 7:30pm ESPN

UL-Monroe Vs Texas State 9:30pm ESPN U

Friday Night Games:

Cincinnati Vs South Florida 8:00pm CBSSN

Air Force Vs Boise State 9:30 ESPN 2

:siren: College Football Saturday Brought to you by the Home Depot :siren:

Noon Games You Should Consider Watching

#21 Memphis Vs Temple ESPNU

#17 North Carolina Vs Virginia Tech ESPN

Purdue Vs #5 Iowa ESPN 2

#12 Michigan Vs Penn State ABC

3:30 PM Games You Should Consider Watching

#15 LSU Vs #22 (lol) Ole Miss CBS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1KPQmdddY

#24 USC Vs #23 Oregon ESPN

#20 Northwestern Vs #25 Wisconsin Big Ten Network

:siren: Important Game of The Week Presented by Nissan. Sign and Drive. :siren:

#9 Michigan State Vs #3 Ohio State

7:30 Games You Should Consider Watching, but the Big XII is dumb and is making you choose

#10 Baylor Vs #6 Oklahoma State FOX

#18 TCU Vs #7 Oklahoma ABC

10:30 Games that are on in the background while you are passed out drunk on your couch or at a party

Cal Vs #11 Stanford ESPN

Colorado Vs Washington State ESPN 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ooops, Mods, Can you make it say GDT. Thanks

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

CTE is the mind-killer.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress a Tiger

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

John Rawl Tahd posted:

CTE is the mind-killer.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fluffdaddy posted:

Purdue Vs #5 Iowa ESPN 2

If this winds up being worth watching I am gonna be in a super bad mood. Ideally the only interesting part of it is that it's supposed to be snowing.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

MourningView posted:

If this winds up being worth watching I am gonna be in a super bad mood. Ideally the only interesting part of it is that it's supposed to be snowing.

I mean, I don't expect Purdue do to poo poo, but it is a conference game so ya never know. But hey snow games are awesome.

But seriously, why are the two biggest games with playoff implications for the Big XII on at the same loving time? What a dumb conference.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fluffdaddy posted:

I mean, I don't expect Purdue do to poo poo, but it is a conference game so ya never know. But hey snow games are awesome.

But seriously, why are the two biggest games with playoff implications for the Big XII on at the same loving time? What a dumb conference.

One's on ABC and the other in on Fox. So it might not have been their choice. But either way all of Saturday night is going to be all Big XII all the time. The ESPN game for that slot is Miss State @ Arkansas. And Arkansas, which will almost surely finish in the top half of the vaunted 9th NFL division SEC West, lost to a team that'll finish the season with a losing conference record in the Big XII. For one night at least ESPN and the committee won't be able to ignore the conference.

Joel Klatt has been on fire this week ripping on the committee. Apologies for linking to Cowherd but that's the only interview I could find a youtube video of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk7Jk2y87us

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 19, 2015

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I love your whiny baby SEC posts.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

One's on ABC and the other in on Fox. So it might not have been their choice. But either way all of Saturday night is going to be all Big XII all the time. The ESPN game for that slot is Miss State @ Arkansas. And Arkansas, which will almost surely finish in the top half of the vaunted 9th NFL division SEC East, lost to a team that'll finish the season with a losing conference record in the Big XII. For one night at least ESPN and the committee won't be able to ignore the conference.

Joel Klatt has been on fire this week ripping on the committee. Apologies for linking to Cowherd but that's the only interview I could find a youtube video of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk7Jk2y87us

Everyone knows that the whole old-man football thing that the committee is favoring is nearly 100% due to Jeff Long still being butthurt by Tech beating Arkansas.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Thoguh posted:

One's on ABC and the other in on Fox. So it might not have been their choice. But either way all of Saturday night is going to be all Big XII all the time. The ESPN game for that slot is Miss State @ Arkansas. And Arkansas, which will almost surely finish in the top half of the vaunted 9th NFL division SEC East, lost to a team that'll finish the season with a losing conference record in the Big XII. For one night at least ESPN and the committee won't be able to ignore the conference.

Arkansas is in the west man goddamn

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Arkansas is in the west man goddamn

I typed that, realized it was wrong, then got distracted trying to find a non Cowherd interview and forgot to fix it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I have had about enough second hand cowherd exposure to last a lifetime.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

He was fired from ESPN like 6 months ago, but here we are still talking about the guy because...reasons?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

He's got a gig on Fox Sports now so it's not like he went away

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He had already announced he was leaving for FS1 before ESPN took him off the air for his most recent instance of being a racist doofus, but gently caress if I know. He has recently resorted to trolling Iowa of all teams to get attention, and it is working as long as his target audience is my facebook feed.

e: the simulcast of his radio show is routinely pulling 0.0 in the ratings, which is hilarious given how hard they pushed it, but I think the radio show part is still doing pretty well, much to the shame of our nation.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 19, 2015

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Ungratek posted:

He's got a gig on Fox Sports now so it's not like he went away

much like herpes

e- change title to Spice Must Flow Like poo poo Through A Tin Horn imo

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 19, 2015

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Didn't he say something racist

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spintzel posted:

Didn't he say something racist

The short answer is yes but you'd have to be more specific if you want detail. He says a lot of racist things.

The one that finally got him in trouble (when he was already almost out the door and ESPN could suspend him to make themselves look good without really losing anything) was when he essentially said that all Dominicans are stupid.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Pretend I posted a montage of Phyllis calling him Cowturd

Also gently caress the vols

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

Man, I wish I was at that UCF bar that's serving free beer during the games until the Knights win. I'll bet it's gotten more insane as the season has gone on.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

John Rawl Tahd posted:

Man, I wish I was at that UCF bar that's serving free beer during the games until the Knights win. I'll bet it's gotten more insane as the season has gone on.

Fumble on the first play. Free drinks continue.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Excuse me, you're missing the FIERCEST RIVALRY GAME IN AMERICA, at 3:30PM: Arizona at Arizona State (gently caress ASU, amen)

Please include this in your must-watch list, thanks.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Coastal Carolina vs. Liberty is on ESPNNews if anyone cares!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
What is that, the 4th turnover for UCF? Drinks must flow

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tr33 posted:

Coastal Carolina vs. Liberty is on ESPNNews if anyone cares!

Coastal Carolina is dead to me ever since they fired this man.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Coastal Carolina is dead to me ever since they fired this man.

:allears:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Didnt even have to click to know what that is.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

MourningView posted:

The short answer is yes but you'd have to be more specific if you want detail. He says a lot of racist things.

The one that finally got him in trouble (when he was already almost out the door and ESPN could suspend him to make themselves look good without really losing anything) was when he essentially said that all Dominicans are stupid.

His actual statement:

quote:

'Baseball's just too complex.' Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic has not been known in my lifetime as having world-class academic abilities. A lot of those kids come from rough backgrounds and have not had opportunities academically that other kids from other countries have.

Hardly the words of a racist and bigot. They were followed up with:

quote:

"I understand that when you mention a specific country, they get offended," Cowherd said. "I get it. I do. And for that, I feel bad. I do. But I have four reports in front of me ... where there are discussions of major deficiencies in the education sector at all levels. ... It wasn't a shot at them. It was data. Five, seven years ago I talked about the same subject. Was I clunky? Perhaps. Did people not like my tone? I get it. Sometimes my tone stinks.

If you find him annoying (certainly a fair opinion), just say so and move on.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 20, 2015

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Scarf posted:

What is that, the 4th turnover for UCF? Drinks must flow

I'd say it's time to pull George O'Leary's heartplug but he has already resigned.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
GDT is not "poo poo through a tin horn", unsubscribed

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

LLCoolJD posted:

His actual statement:

That is racist as poo poo.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LLCoolJD posted:

His actual statement:

Lol dude

He also does not get the benefit of the doubt because he says at least quasi-racist poo poo constantly, most notably every time he talks about John wall.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 20, 2015

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Yea, the poo poo he said when Sean Taylor was killed was everything I needed to know about how racist Colin Cowherd was.

I can't believe someone read what he said and thought "yea, that's reasonable and not racist at all"

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Saturday is Clemson's last home game...

The last time we'll get to see poo poo like this for about 10 months.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
of all the things people finally get in a tizzy over Cowherd saying

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
People have been "getting in a tizzy" (because I guess that is how we're gonna describe pointing out that racist things are racist, for some reason) about him for a long time, that happens to have been the one that finally got him in actual trouble, and mostly because the timing was convenient for ESPN.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

sports fans dismissive of racist poo poo, well i never.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

MourningView posted:

People have been "getting in a tizzy" (because I guess that is how we're gonna describe pointing out that racist things are racist, for some reason) about him for a long time, that happens to have been the one that finally got him in actual trouble, and mostly because the timing was convenient for ESPN.

the baseball poo poo doesn't even make the top-1000 list of stupid poo poo said by Cowherd so its just funny that people are jumping on this one when as you said its painfully obvious why ESPN fired him. that the sports world is full of and surrounded by terrible people who will tolerate anything as long as it brings in money or wins isn't a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I'm real ready for the Frank Beamer piece that is bound to be in Gameday for his last home game. Also hype for the game itself, black unis are whatever, but I'm excited to see the fans show up and support Frank one more time. If I could be there I def would be.

• Locked thread