Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Ytlaya posted:

I really hope the author does another comedy, because he is way better at comedy than he is action.

Agreed so hard. Claymore was a tremendous disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

DrSunshine posted:

KURO 164-168

I get the sense that it's going to end soon. I lost track of this for a while, so when it does, I'll be sure to read it all again from the start.

Anyone else following T-Rex girl? I feel that it's kind of the logical endpoint of the monstergirls trend, because the dinosaur girls are just completely bizarre. Are they really supposed to be cute??

I'm pretty sure that The Young Maiden in Love is a Carnivore is the logical endpoint of the monstergirls trend

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Mio is the best

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It's a different group. I'm guessing the guys doing it before died.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I would make a thread for it but I don't know how to pitch it in a non-spoilery manner while simultaneously addressing the elephant in the room of the premise being (at face value) an old man literally buying a young girl to marry her

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it though, also buy the volumes support the artist

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like it's not so much the "(seeming) old man buying young girl to marry" thing that I consider an issue (especially in light of what you end up finding out later regarding Elias), but it does kind of bug me when you have situations where a person (usually a younger girl) falls in love almost entirely because they were saved from a terrible situation by their love interest and have no other positive influence in their life. Like, in Chise's case Elias seems to be literally the only person she has ever become close to who seems to care about her, so she naturally wants to cling to that.

That being said, Mahoutsukai no Yome is super good and I don't think that what I described detracts from it much.

Chise's Stockholm Syndrome (which to Yamazaki's credit has not gone completely ignored) is a problem and Elias's buying Chise with intent to marry her makes a lot more sense when you realize he's got no idea how human beings work, but those are problems and explanations you encounter after the initial hook. For something like the OP (which is the opening sell) you have to address the thing that jumps out at you; considering the ending of the first chapter you can't really ignore it.

I'm sure once the anime comes out some more intrepid and creative soul will do it for me :v:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It takes a ton of effort and it makes you feel like poo poo because you end up looking at that poo poo for so long that everything feels terrible and unfunny even if it isn't

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I cannot get into Tomo-chan despite liking Yanagida's art and humor because it really really annoys me to see "Hey I like you wanna go out on a date sometime" dragged out for months/years/the lifespan of the entire series. Same reason why I don't really like Takagi-san.

It's me, I am the Funhater.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Fellis posted:

PSA: If you aren't reading the z0glin thread where z0glin posts the comics why are you even on this subforum

I'm here to laugh at people who still need translations to read manga :smugdog:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I told you that Lau doesn't abandon stuff, he just dies and comes back from the dead an indeterminable amount of time later with a ton of chapters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

nerdz posted:

Gag Manga Biyori has chapters where a writer for some terribly generic manga is told his series is going to get axed and they have a ridiculous small amount of page to close things up. It's amazing, and also fits this thread well:

Second half of this episode here:
http://kissanime.io/Anime/gyagu-manga-biyori-2/watch.html?episode_id=35081

Swordmaster Yamato is amazing