Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

echinopsis posted:

this poo poo sucks

as it turns out, you can basically do about the same poo poo. open up facebook. read an email

"worlds most advanced operating system"? who cares if using computers is the worst

ok now imagine that you will be able to keep doing this, for 5-8 years, without having to buy a new one or worry about it turning into a creaky piece of poo poo from normal use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

is there any reason not to sell my 2015 13" mbp and buy/trade for a The New MacBook

i p much only use it for internets in bed and travelling

such as.................

updates are ready for your computer. we've scheduled a restart for you

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

they put off focus scrolling in Windows 10 at least

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

well okay you me with the focused scrolling, but i never had that last prob in like 10 years of onboard realteks and the sleep/wifi prob honestly happens to me more on macs, like I would leave my macbook for a couple of hours and come back and its not sleeping or hibernating, it friggin shut down, and turns out the fix for any problem like that is reset smc/pram which gets kinda old because i can never remember the steps. also my '15 mbp still has that problem where if bluetooth is enabled then wifi take likes two and a half centuries to reconnect, and also sometimes when i wake the macbook it tells me theres no bluetooth device (like not just disabled, but literally greyed out) and if a restart doesnt fix that I have to delete some .plist or some poo poo

otoh I haven't used a windows laptop in like 7-8 years so i dont really know how much worse a windows laptop would be

a Windows laptop will easily have all these problems and more except there isn't a Genius Bar to take it to

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

pc laptops will have problems like the lid switch breaking (because it's a physical switch and not a Hall effect sensor) and the latch not latching (because it doesn't use magnets) or the case creaking (because it's cheap chintzy plastic even thou you paid as much as a MacBook or more)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

also pc trackpads are universally, unmitigated garbage whereas the Mac trackpad at least sorta works

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

trackpoints used to be cool. what happened

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I can't upgrade my Mac past lion :smugmrgw:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Doc Block posted:

What Mac do you have? Even my old 2011 iMac has El Capitan...

it's a 2007 MacBook

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Sniep posted:

2007? is that one of the ones that came in colors like blue apple and macleberry

I miss my tangerine iBook

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

get a griffin powermate for your mac

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I don't know if I like the new MacBook chiclet keybaors

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008