Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I'm still working on it so it's about 60% done, but if you're using a mobile device, go into your control panel options, scroll to the bottom, and enable the mobile device view. It's keen!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
I did not follow the instructions and now the forums look terrible in Firefox on my PC. Way to break the forums again, Lowtax! :argh:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

are you gonna get a new avatar, 'tax?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Lowtax posted:

I'm still working on it so it's about 60% done, but if you're using a mobile device, go into your control panel options, scroll to the bottom, and enable the mobile device view. It's keen!!!

lowtax, you are keen and this is keen

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Posting from the mobile site. Seems ok lowtax good job.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Except that my browser keeps opening the normal site then quickly switching to the mobile site every time I go to a new page but I don't know maybe that is just my phone

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

gary oldmans diary posted:

I did not follow the instructions and now the forums look terrible in Firefox on my PC. Way to break the forums again, Lowtax! :argh:

same with my laptop

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Mobile keeps showing full version of site then jumps dynamically to mobile version. Also the submit modifications button in mobile version doesn't work so I'm stuck in mobile mode.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

doesn't look great, tbh

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Edgar posted:

Mobile keeps showing full version of site then jumps dynamically to mobile version. Also the submit modifications button in mobile version doesn't work so I'm stuck in mobile mode.
Submit button is at the top. And yeah, it will always show the full version before changing to the mobile version because jQuery and hacks upon hacks to make a version of vB coded back before mobile devices existed.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

doesn't look great, tbh
Yours is working fine!!!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

Submit button is at the top. And yeah, it will always show the full version before changing to the mobile version because jQuery and hacks upon hacks to make a version of vB coded back before mobile devices existed.

The submit button doesn't work in the mobile version I am also stuck here

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
lowtax why wont this work on my cellphone??

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Pretty cool, Lowtax!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

realbez posted:

Strange, I will have it fixed soon. It was working fine on the dev server. Yes we have a dev server.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Is this going to work with web tv?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

captainoblivious posted:

Is this going to work with web tv?

I'm posting from my dreamcast, so I don't see why not.

Wooded Zacynthus
Mar 15, 2015

I tried this on my phone and it looks good, but even though I enabled it only for mobile devices, it shows up in mobile view on all my laptop and desktop as well. When I go back to the menu to change it back, the "submit changes" button does nothing. I've tried this on three devices.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

nice. awfulapp has been crashing for me the past two months, hopefully this is a little more stable when its finished

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

gently caress mobile devices bring back NOTO SAAAANS

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
thanks

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Crash_N_Burn posted:

nice. awfulapp has been crashing for me the past two months, hopefully this is a little more stable when its finished

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

what number should i use to post via text message?

dirk0
Jun 24, 2004
They don't serve fried chicken and watermelon on a daily basis in my mess hall!
Dinosaur Gum
It's definitely different and would take a bit to get used to on the iPad/iPhone. My only comfort is the same old low quality threads!

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
finally i can now touch my own shitposts

e: thanks lowtax!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay, found the culprit: jQuery has moved the submit form to the top breadcrumbs nav on the options page. Let me rewrite a few rules and it'll be fixed shortly, so people will have the amazing ability to actually TURN OFF mobile mode! THE FUTURE IS NOW (IN THE FUTURE, THAT IS)!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Thanks for still giving a poo poo about your forums after all these years, Lowtax

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Edgar posted:

realbez posted:

Ellen DeGenerates posted:

I tried this on my phone and it looks good, but even though I enabled it only for mobile devices, it shows up in mobile view on all my laptop and desktop as well. When I go back to the menu to change it back, the "submit changes" button does nothing. I've tried this on three devices.

Click this option in NoScript and then refresh the Edit Options page. The Submit button will work.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
oops, problem is being addressed

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Thanks for still giving a poo poo about your forums after all these years, Lowtax

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Click this option in NoScript and then refresh the Edit Options page. The Submit button will work.

Disabling that devilScript did the trick

Wooded Zacynthus
Mar 15, 2015

Hey, thanks!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Lmao if you dont use awful app

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Waroduce posted:

I've been using Something: An Awful Experience app

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Thanks but I don't have noscript on my phone. I'll just wait for lowtax to fix it. Or maybe I'll stay here in mobile land. I don't know yet!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Waroduce posted:

Lots of people don't necessarily want to install an app just to use a website.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I enabled it for mobile devices only but it's showing up on my desktop as well. I tried changing it back but the Edit Options page doesn't seem to respond when I hit "Submit Changes"

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I haven't used my password to log on with phone or PC in like forever so I don't remember it and I'm on the phone using the app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I enabled it for mobile devices only but it's showing up on my desktop as well. I tried changing it back but the Edit Options page doesn't seem to respond when I hit "Submit Changes"
Yes, I am aware of both those things, as I posted previously, I'm fixing that up now.

• Locked thread