Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Speaking of Navy

They play their game against Army after the final CFP ranking right? So what if they made it to the top 4? Could they just forfeit the Army game to give everyone a super long rest and prep for the CFP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Cole posted:

Speaking of Navy

They play their game against Army after the final CFP ranking right? So what if they made it to the top 4? Could they just forfeit the Army game to give everyone a super long rest and prep for the CFP?
They will delay the final rankings until after the Army-Navy game.

If Navy wins the AAC, we won't get final rankings until after December 12.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Lol at Navy forfeiting the Army-Navy game. The terrorists have already won.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
You lose one game in two years and everyone acts like the wheels have come off.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What loving drugs are you on that make you think there's any chance at all Navy will forfeit the Army-Navy game.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Rad Valtar posted:

You lose one game in two years and everyone acts like the wheels have come off.

Tbh people were (rightfully imo) acting like the wheels were coming off in October.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scrapez posted:

Only undefeated Big Ten team. :smug:

I wanted OSU to win out because it would have helped our Rose Bowl chances, but this is really funny.

Hard to see a likely Rose Bowl path for Iowa now so guess I'll just have to root for us to win the national title instead.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Benne posted:

What loving drugs are you on that make you think there's any chance at all Navy will forfeit the Army-Navy game.

Are you dumb

Like if I said "what if a meteor hit your house right now" would you think I was being serious.

It was a question about how the CFP committee would handle it, and if it would even be necessary to play that final game since the final CFP rankings are scheduled to be released before its played.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Cole posted:

Are you dumb

Like if I said "what if a meteor hit your house right now" would you think I was being serious.

It was a question about how the CFP committee would handle it, and if it would even be necessary to play that final game since the final CFP rankings are scheduled to be released before its played.

OK, makes more sense.

I mean it's technically a postseason game so it's probably not that necessary, but like ... it's Army-Navy. It's sure as hell necessary to CBS execs.

I get what you're trying to ask but that was such a weird proposition to bring up.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Cole posted:

Tbh people were (rightfully imo) acting like the wheels were coming off in October.

I'm talking about the program in general, I'm seeing lots of people act like it's the end times.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm talking about the program in general, I'm seeing lots of people act like it's the end times.

Meyer apparently left UF in absolute disarray. Muschamp might have been a bad coach but people in Gainesville were saying he was hired because he was a hard nosed disciplinarian tasked with cleaning the program up, not because he would lead us to national titles.

I'm not saying tOSU is falling apart but the precedent has been set.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Purple shirts yellow britches
Geaux to hell you sons of bitches

gently caress everything about LSU always and forever, in Jesus name amen

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

MourningView posted:

I wanted OSU to win out because it would have helped our Rose Bowl chances, but this is really funny.

Hard to see a likely Rose Bowl path for Iowa now so guess I'll just have to root for us to win the national title instead.

Yeah. I was half way hoping to go to the Rose.

Best case scenario for me would be Cotton. It's 4 hours away and would mean we're in the CFP.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
We just need to see who gets arrested in the coming months before we can make any real determination.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MourningView posted:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, wouldn't the Rose Bowl spot go to whoever loses the B1GCG at this point? I can't imagine them taking an OSU team that couldn't even win its division.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Benne posted:

I can't imagine them taking an OSU team that couldn't even win its division.

This is literally the exact same thing people were saying about Alabama.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol if you aren't listening to the Columbus sports station right now you are missing the gently caress out

I'm a fan but even I'm laughing at these loving calls

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
For Michigan's Big 10 title chances I wanted Ohio State to win, but this postgame is so amazing that I'm feeling completely differently now. Here's hoping they pull an LSU and fold up tent going into next week's game

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Cole posted:

Meyer apparently left UF in absolute disarray. Muschamp might have been a bad coach but people in Gainesville were saying he was hired because he was a hard nosed disciplinarian tasked with cleaning the program up, not because he would lead us to national titles.

I'm not saying tOSU is falling apart but the precedent has been set.

It wasn't the first place hes coached so it's not like there is a trend. It's just as likely that he learned from the experience. I think it's funny that people are this reactionary.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My favorite thing about stuff like this Zeke post game is how many old white media shitlords get mad when players deliver them cliche after cliche, then get all holier than thou when someone gives actual honest candid answers.

Karmalaa70
Jun 15, 2006
Couple hours on now and I still can't get my head around what Ohio State was doing today. The coaching on offense *and* defense was so reminiscent of watching Hoke bumblefuck around for 4 years.

Why'd they leave their safeties back the entire game despite MSU running it down their throats with no chance of throwing on them?

Just bizarre that a coach who has won as much as Meyer could toss out a steamer like that.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Yeah that was kind of an unbelievable game to watch. Anyone who has watched 10 minutes of MSU football this year knows that they have a monster D-Line and a horrendous secondary, and they barely tried to go after them. Bizarre.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

sportsgenius86 posted:

My favorite thing about stuff like this Zeke post game is how many old white media shitlords get mad when players deliver them cliche after cliche, then get all holier than thou when someone gives actual honest candid answers.

Old men getting upset when a twenty year old shows emotion is pretty dumb.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

Football is stupid and my team is a joke.

They're doing serious research on every possible way to lose a football game. Someone has to I guess.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It'd be pretty funny if the whole "OSU plays to their opponent's level" stuff wasn't anything the players were doing and all because of the coaching staff's calls.

Well, except for Cardale, I guess.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Go BC.
Go whatever team is ranked lower in the game in any given Big 12 game.
Go Auburn next week.
Go South Carolina (and then UNC).

Hawkeye Uber Alles.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
So long as Utah beats Colorado and has a good bowl showing I'm still cool with this season

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

They're doing serious research on every possible way to lose a football game. Someone has to I guess.

We are all nothing more than rats in the maze of Xort's experiments.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Wrong thread

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Thoguh posted:

The problem is that there's no cheese at the end; just a machine that kicks me in the nuts.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
I think maybe it's not a coincidence that these Arkansas teams always look better later in the year when opponents are more beat up and worn down from the grind.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Just replace 'Sithrak' with 'Xort':

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Thoguh posted:

We are all going to denounce Xort when Notre Dame makes the playoff and wins.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In all seriousness, Iowa's schedule probably compares pretty well to OSU's. If they both end up with one loss to MSU, Iowa should still end up ahead of OSU, at which point we'd basically be cheering for Michigan State to make the playoffs, which isn't impossible, especially if OkSt wins Bedlam next week.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Big 12 is going to be left out of the playoff again because they'll have a three-team clusterfuck instead of a two-team one this year.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Sparty.

loving.

Yes.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Get ready for a playoff of Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Michigan State.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

gently caress it, I'm rooting for Iowa to win the whole thing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CrumFUNist! posted:

Get ready for a playoff of Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Michigan State.

If there's a situation where we can beat Notre Dame in the playoff and then get humiliated by Alabama I'd call it a net win.

Might be going to Indy if Cook heals up and we get by Penn State next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I am so angry at mid-major teams going up against SEC teams today. 2 times. 2 times they lost in overtime by 6. lame.

• Locked thread