Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ehud posted:

the florida gators are the worst 10-1 team of all time :haw:

Worse than the last 10-1 Florida team? I'm not so sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LSU lost each of its last three games by double digits. Hasn't happened there since 1966. It's very possible that they lose out after going 7-0 to start against a pretty weak schedule.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

djdanno13 posted:

Just a word of note, this sounds exactly like Nebraska fans last year. You've been warned.

LSU is a better job than Nebraska and Nebraska's problem wasn't that they fired Pellini, it was that the guy they hired was completely unremarkable even on paper and had a long history of being so.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Pretty sad if LSU can pony up that type of money while their finances as a school are being gutted in a rather horrifying way. Even if it will come from "just the boosters"

You can thank Jindal for that. And Louisiana did just vote in a Democratic governor, in part as a repudiation of the way Jindal decimated the university system (and also because his opponent was caught having prostitutes treat him like a baby while wearing diapers).

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Scionix posted:

i will look forward to LSU nailing a bigtime coach in an offseason with multiple huge football programs looking for one, one that will also be better than les miles

yes, this is a thing that is going to happen

Bama fans explaining that LSU should keep a coach that hasn't beaten them five games in a row now will never not get old. LSU is the best opening in the country from a recruiting and resources perspective outside of USC.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Scionix posted:

the number of teams that have not beaten our once in a generation coach in five years is pretty high actually

e: i mean by all means go ahead I would look forward to his replacement because right now i actually worry about the LSU game.

You should probably worry about the Ole Miss and A&M games because those teams can actually beat Bama once in a while.

Miles isn't on the hot seat for losing to Bama a bunch, he's on the hot seat because his teams routinely have middling offenses that are routinely completely out of sync, they exhibit poor discipline, they are poorly prepared for big games, they fade at the end of every year, they have one bowl win in five years, special teams play is getting worse and worse and now the defense is no longer elite which was the only thing keeping the program competitive most years.

If LSU was only losing to Saban that would be one thing, but they're losing to Arkansas and Ole Miss and phoning in terrible bowl game performances and getting blown out in a way that hasn't happened in a long time. Since the SEC picked up a bunch of new coaches after 2011 LSU has been a middle of the road program in the west and they're not trending in the right direction.

Miles has been a really great coach, but he's on the downside of his career, he's getting up in years, and the transition to a new coach will have a better chance of not being disastrous if it happens before the program fully tanks and recruiting suffers even more.

If Miles really does move one we will see how many teams jump at the chance to hire him. I don't think the list will be that long.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

tranime scholar posted:

I get why LSU fans want to replace Les but I don't get who you're going to replace him with that will be an improvement. Unless you're willing to do some serious rebuilding.

I'm sure there are plenty of delusional fans out there, just like any other school, but for myself and the fans I know, we just want to see something different. We're tired of the hopeless offensive performances and tired of playing ugly football that wouldn't have looked good even in the Schembechler years.

It could be a disaster, but at least for a while a new coach and new start for the program might make it exciting and get me looking forward to the games again. It just ain't fun to watch and hasn't been for a few years, and ultimately it's meant to be entertainment.

And really, how can you know if someone will be an improvement or not before they get a shot? There's only like 3 legitimately great coaches out there but there are certainly other coaches that could have provided the same level of success Les has had these last four years, given the talent and resources at LSU.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Norte Dame already lost to extremely likely playoff participant Clemson, so gently caress em. No need for a playoff rematch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MourningView posted:

this would seem to imply that it is somehow better to have lost to Texas or Ole Miss than to the number 1 team. No danger of rematch as long as you lose to someone lovely (Ole Miss isn't lovely but whatever)!

It is better because at least we haven't seen those games before. That's the same logic that was used to put Alabama in the NCG in 2011 and it was dumb enough to birth the playoff.

• Locked thread