Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
feels good, man. I'm working right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

somuch_gravy posted:

thats cool what do you do?
I do programming for a software company. Used to be in an office, and then got permission to telecommute permanently. I've seen everybody in the company exactly 1 time in the last 3+ years.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
my favorite part of working from home is that I can stand up from my computer and I'm home. zero commute time, except sometimes when it takes me like a few seconds to get out of my chair because I'm so tired/lazy/drunk

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

somuch_gravy posted:

Sounds like a cool gig. do you know see plus plus and java. i know those are cool ones to know

I just work with Java

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

somuch_gravy posted:

apparently theres a part of java to code really fast called "orient express". I think theese are the blocks? Maybe someone who codes can help :shrug:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orient_Express
you are on the right track. you just need to build some stations, and these can be used to process the coal. coal = code. stations = compilers. the coal doesn't come from actual mines. it's from people who work remotely from India for cheap

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
the train needs a little more pixelation. the more blocks, the better the code is.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

somuch_gravy posted:

Im new to this coding language. I watned this orient object to have a bit more blocks than the last one (even for macs). maybe one of you could check out this scribpt. it runs on my comp but my station is pretty forgiving. its a quick and dirty code
this is a good start, this is some decent code considering you're just starting. you could probably get at least 6 dollars for it on the open java market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Juanito posted:

this is a good start, this is some decent code considering you're just starting. you could probably get at least 6 dollars for it on the open java market
the market for code is fickle with the influx of syrian talent lately and I'll have to downgrade your blocks of code to 4.

• Locked thread