Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Smelly Bohemian posted:

That's no moon, it's a Star Wars 10K Yellow Gold Death Star Necklace for $439.00 from Kay Jewelers!

That's pretty baller...if it were available in 18K id buy it

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brotato
May 14, 2013
I liked working black Friday cause my store never did sales and the irritated, disappointed looks on the piggish faces of our subhuman suburbanite customers were enough to sustain me for an entire year.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm not gonna do any shopping, but I am going to park my car at Walmart in order to tie up a parking space. In fact, I think I'll get there early so I can waste one of the close ones by the handicap spot.

Kind of on topic, I found out yesterday that Spencer's gift sells, like, a lot of the stuff highlighted in the worst things for sale.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
after some quick calculations, turns out the surface area of that TV is bigger than a king-size double bed. goddamn

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Yeah, but it's not OLED so they may as well dump it in a giant wood chipper.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Smelly Bohemian posted:

That's no moon, it's a Star Wars 10K Yellow Gold Death Star Necklace for $439.00 from Kay Jewelers!

Hmm I could consider but does it come with a certificate of authenticity with a picture of the African children responsible for mining the gold and diamond put into it? Perhaps with a little feel good blurb on a piece of paper and an option to donate a dollar towards partially educating these noble child laborers?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

What irony levels are we operating on here I couldn't tell from the OP

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i am not a violent person, but i kind of want to run over the women making the dumb faces in this photo:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
For reals I'm prob gonna buy a few things online its like sweet deal i get to save a few bucks on stuff I was gonna buy anyway and then in a few hours watch some people get trampled to death in a rush to get a cheap Xbox.

Edit: Watch on YouTube of course. We haven't become quite so uncivilized that this poo poo happens up north.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 25, 2015

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

These people just care about the number of inches on they TV, don't care about contrast ratio or nothin'. Enjoy your Seiki television, you animal.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

imo the over/under on deaths this friday is 2

Smart bet I'll go with 1. But at least 12 hospitalized from injury.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Microwaves Mom posted:

Smart bet I'll go with 1. But at least 12 hospitalized from injury.

They've revamped all the black Friday procedures so nobody gets trampled ... the "door buster" is a thing of the past

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Instead of good deals for the 10-15 best tramplers and poo poo deals for everyone else, now all deals are poo poo.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's cool not being poor enough to give a poo poo about saving a massive $100 on one day of the year

Let them crush, kill the poor

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
On one end of the spectrum you have retailers like REI who decided that they're going to be closed on BF this year so you can be with your family, go for a hike, etc.

Then there are the retailers like Old Navy who feel the need to correct this massive imbalance in consumption culture by offering $1M to "someone standing in line at Old Navy on Black Friday".

And thus a great disturbance in The Force has been corrected.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Just a reminder, seven people have been killed by consumerism.
http://blackfridaydeathcount.com/

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Eh, more people have died from difficult post-Thanksgiving dinner poops.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Germstore posted:

Instead of good deals for the 10-15 best tramplers and poo poo deals for everyone else, now all deals are poo poo.

Sorta...instead of having everyone line up at the door, they open up the stores ahead of time and have you line up at one (1) item, for which you get first dibs once the Black Friday deal commences.

So its no longer a mad dash through the store's entrance to grab a TV and then a computer and then an iPad before they all run out

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Vivitar's entire business model relies on people's moms buying their lovely cameras on Black Friday.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
As a retail slave I laugh at all you neckbeards thinking you're actually getting some kinda uber deal GIMME DEM CUPUNS, you guys get ripped off all year just to have 2 days where you actually pay what you should.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like to go out on BF just to mingle with the crowds and not actually buy anything

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Mr. McGibblets posted:

As a retail slave I laugh at all you neckbeards thinking you're actually getting some kinda uber deal GIMME DEM CUPUNS, you guys get ripped off all year just to have 2 days where you actually pay what you should.

Yes, thank you for taking this thread that was brimming with positivity about black friday down a couple pegs.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Germstore posted:

Yes, thank you for taking this thread that was brimming with positivity about black friday down a couple pegs.

No problem, nothing better than watching people on welfare running around like wild hambeasts. While it does kinda suck working on Thanksgiving and Black Friday this is when retail employees get their hilarious stories that last until next year. So keep on keepin on.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mr. McGibblets posted:

enjoy your 14 hour shift on friday bro

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

bradzilla posted:

enjoy your 14 hour shift on friday bro

Being the manager has its perks everyone has 6 hour shifts. Because unlike most retail places I care about work/life balance.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
CONSUME

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

They've revamped all the black Friday procedures so nobody gets trampled ... the "door buster" is a thing of the past

lol yeah now they just shoot each other in the parking lot

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Being the manager has its perks everyone has 6 hour shifts. Because unlike most retail places I care about work/life balance.

Could you ride Bernie Sanders' dick any harder? Capitalism WON! GET OVER IT!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I won't feel bad at all if more people get stampeded on while trying to buy useless poo poo.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Why yes, I would like to be smushed up against ten dozen obese smelly cretins so I can stand in line for four hours to save $50 on a TV that's already a year old.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

FuturePastNow posted:

I like to go out on BF just to mingle with the crowds and not actually buy anything

No lie....if you go to Walmart in the hood on black Friday it's a party w alcohol n good times. Only thing missing is dance music

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

VendaGoat posted:

Just a reminder, seven people have been killed by consumerism.
http://blackfridaydeathcount.com/

Actually a lot more people have been killed when you consider the entire supply chain. Hell just the numbers for African child miners and Chinese factory slaves is probably approaching 100k in the last decade.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax

notZaar posted:

Actually a lot more people have been killed when you consider the entire supply chain. Hell just the numbers for African child miners and Chinese factory slaves is probably approaching 100k in the last decade.

Obviously, he meant real people, not Africans or whatever, duh.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Smelly Bohemian posted:

:patriot:

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
gotta get in the best buy line early, cant let isis win

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The only reason I ever went out on Black Friday was because I have insomnia, and it was nice to have somewhere to go at 3am instead of the usual staring at the ceiling and trying to sleep.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Theres plenty of other ways to die!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Smelly Bohemian posted:

I don't believe that the mongoloids who camp out for sales and poo poo are any higher in the social order than third world exploited people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Smelly Bohemian posted:

Check out this awesome succesful doorbuster WALMART had! So many excited customers that they actually straight up killed a dude with their enthusiasm for GREAT DEALS

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2011/02/07/crush-point

DOORBUSTER DEALS AHOY!!!

Good job on posting an image of crushed dead people, not cool.

• Locked thread