Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Have you thought about a campaign where you play as the aliens? I was thinking you could even have separate tech trees for them, and perhaps the ability to anally probe (in a nongay way) humans to learn from them and steal their tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Whoa wait, what about the probing idea? I don't wanna get my coder friends involved if there isn't a clear plan of the whole game first. You don't want to be taking systems on to a completed game, that'll lead to poor polish on the final product.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

What if it was in a highschool setting and instead of alien invaders it could be a rival school? I think everyone can identify with high schoolers more than space army guys and you could still keep that modern setting.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Heavy sniper

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Light sniper

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Support sniper : provides support fire from a long range, possibly has the ability to shoot healing bullets

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ekster posted:

Make all the classes hot babes.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Junpei posted:

I meant this whole gay thing.

Isn't that why you opened up to outside suggestions? You had a great idea for the relationship system and then somebody noticed an oversight in your design and suggested a way to fix it. It's alright if you hate gay people, but if you let that hate seep into the game you're going to turn a large portion of your potential playerbase away.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Honestly the turn based strategy genre is a little too restricting, what if it was a class based team shooter with quirky characters? Those are all the rage today

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Heavy-Scout
Equipped with- Dual SMGs
Gains skills that improve smell range, movement range, a skill to cook the corpses of foes for sustenance and a buff, and the ability to hook enemies from afar and drag them closer

notable quotes : "Fresh MEAT!"

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

So stands are still in right?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

My thought for a etrian oddysey-like (countertructive options welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain