Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Enfield posted:

if you love your family so much why dont you marry them

hahahaha, thats a good one, reminds me of a joke my dad, who im hanging out with this week, would say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
anyways, happy birthday everyone1

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
thanksgiving is a good time to hang out with your family, and just imagine, this could be the last time you could see your parents before they die in a horrible accident...

sorry about that, just something to consider

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

OctoberBlues posted:

It is 10 hours, both ways, no way am I doing that. Have you driven through Nebraska? It is the definition of hell on earth.

Lol wonder you're a sadsack pothead junkie. You can't even be arsed to put some minimum effort in to se your fam and get food. Call off theSkype with you parents and tell them you're too lonely to talk.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Broenheim posted:

thanksgiving is a good time to hang out with your family, and just imagine, this could be the last time you could see your parents before they die in a horrible accident...

its true. i hope nothing happens.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

OctoberBlues posted:

Hey wait a minute, you guys aren't helping at all!

I stocked up at the liquor store tonight and the marijuana store last week, so I am covered on those.

My parents want to skype with me tomorrow so that will be cool and probably weird and awkward since I haven't seen their faces in four months.

I dont know what thanksgiving is outside of the simpsons. But i have not had a christmas with anyone for 6 years. I buy all the sparkling wine on special and drink it from the bottle lapsing in an out of consciousness for the 24 hours. Thats what id do op.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Broenheim posted:

well thanks, now i have another question to think about when i'm alone and it's quiet

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

This Jacket Is Me posted:

Lol wonder you're a sadsack pothead junkie. You can't even be arsed to put some minimum effort in to se your fam and get food. Call off theSkype with you parents and tell them you're too lonely to talk.

that guys is a big pussy. oh no i cant drive through that state! lol what a waste of space

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

well thanks, now i have another question to think about when i'm alone and it's quiet

hey dipshit, stop being such a pussy bitch!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Last year at xmas i had a extremely mentally ill muscle man from my work come to buy weed off me and he hung out for a few hours. Did not enjoy it.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Last year at xmas i had a extremely mentally ill muscle man from my work come to buy weed off me and he hung out for a few hours. Did not enjoy it.

yikes

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Isaac posted:

oh yeah sry about that. i was in one of my "moods"

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Isaac posted:

thats a rude way to talk about your mom

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Isaac posted:

I dont know what thanksgiving is outside of the simpsons. But i have not had a christmas with anyone for 6 years. I buy all the sparkling wine on special and drink it from the bottle lapsing in an out of consciousness for the 24 hours. Thats what id do op.

Thanks! I will do just that!

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You cant drive the 700 miles to Iowa. Its only 2 tanks of gas each way if you have a car with good gas mileage.

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
three or four tanks if your car has bad gas hth

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

somuch_gravy posted:

three or four tanks if your car has bad gas hth

People who buy cars with lovely mpg don't deserve a thanksgiving with loved ones.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Prorat posted:

People who buy cars with lovely mpg don't deserve a thanksgiving with loved ones.
35 mpg+ or bust

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
greyhound or peter pan bus ticket

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

OctoberBlues posted:

I recently moved to Denver and I will be celebrating Thanksgiving alone this year, for the first time ever. My loved ones are in Iowa and I was too cheap to spend $500 on airfare to see them, so here I am. Who else out there will be spending Thanksgiving alone? What should we do for maximum enjoyment of this day that won't lead to sadness, depression, and tears?

So far I have alcohol and weed on the list and maybe a box of stove top stuffing. Anything I'm missing?!

Forget the alcohol, just smoke weed

Also do dabs

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
i had to work late last night and later tonight and i don't get along with my family. ive just been on the computer all day, might take a nap.

Like usually I'm a a shut in so being alone doesn't really bother me, but during the holidays it does kind of get to me a little.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Broenheim posted:

op the best thing about life is being with people who love you

gross

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Broenheim posted:

everything dies even happiness, sad but true

goons are the best family because they amuse me while they're alive and also when they die in hilarious ways

cheers :3:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I was thinking about buying one of those but if I do I'll need to make sure I go to the self checkout, otherwise things could get sad and awkward.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

I was thinking about buying one of those but if I do I'll need to make sure I go to the self checkout, otherwise things could get sad and awkward.

buy some cat food a t the same time and joke with the cashier about having thanksgiving wit your cats

laugh about it really hard and for too long

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

symbolic posted:

how do i incorporate that into essays about how fascism/communism rose to power in germany and italy/russia, and how controversy over rock and metal music affected American culture?

Wait do they actually lump together fascism and communism? Because if so lol what kind of poo poo school is this

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Broenheim posted:

op the best thing about life is being with people who love you

Okay but what if those people don't exist?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm at my parents for thanksgiving but I'm just watching tv by myself, can I post here guys?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

Wait do they actually lump together fascism and communism? Because if so lol what kind of poo poo school is this

Why wouldn't they lump them together? they are one and the same

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I'm at my parents for thanksgiving but I'm just watching tv by myself, can I post here guys?

Yes, that's usually what I ended up doing in year's past anyway.

I walked to the store to pick up some bison to make bison burgers and there was another solo loser coming from the opposite direction with a grocery bag in his hands. We gave each other a knowing nod as we passed.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I moved to Canada from the US 12 years ago. They do thanksgiving here in October on and its a Monday so no 4 day weekend or college football for me. Every year I try to make a great Southern Thanksgiving meal for me and my wife and I can never find the right ingredients up here. You'd think cornbread crumbs would be plentiful but no.

At work most of our clients are in the US so its dead today. They treated us to a so-so turkey dinner "lunch" that I ate at my desk while listening to Alice's Restaurant on YouTube. Since I'm bored I popped open FaceBook so see all my family and friends goofing off and drinking martinis at noon.

When I get off I'll head to the LCBO where I'll pay 3 to 4 times the price for a bottle of whiskey which I will drink while watching Jessica Jones.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS

symbolic posted:

how do i incorporate that into essays about how fascism/communism rose to power in germany and italy/russia, and how controversy over rock and metal music affected American culture?

You say you're in university?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mange Mite posted:

no, i paraphrased a lot. it's more accurate to say autocratic governments in this sense.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
My Thanksgiving with family was last weekend and it was just everyone piling on with their pro-Trump stuff so it was disappointing

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People
OP you're supposed to go to the bar. The bar is where you go when you don't have anyone to celebrate the holidays with. Works for thanksgiving, Christmas and new years

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If I was alone, in college, and in colorado there is like one obvious thing i would be doing right now and that is smoking a gently caress ton of weed and doing dabs

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Well, the bison burgers were delicious... Definitely better than turkey which is kind of not very good anyway, but I do miss the stuffing and gravy.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Cheer up Op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

VendaGoat posted:

Cheer up Op

Can I just say I think big boobs are better looking in bras than they would be if they just dangled all over the place?

• Locked thread