Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

momerath posted:

disney is cool

im getting a 'steamboat' willy from this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

moose face posted:

I honestly believe that advertisements do not effectively work on me. They do work on kids, and kids work on their parents and that's the problem with marketing specifically to children

Comercials are lab-designed propaganda; I can guarantee it works on you the same as everyone else.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

Comercials are lab-designed propaganda; I can guarantee it works on you the same as everyone else.

But I don't really buy anything other than essentials. Brands mean nothing to me and I just buy whatever is the best deal / not total crap

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
the way you interpret value probably influences your purchases, so if they can subvert your value system with marketing they gotcha

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I buy all clothing from thrift stores.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

no you are being oppressed gently caress your common sense capitalism is magic

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

moose face posted:

I buy all clothing from thrift stores.

Commercials only work if you watch them a lot which I'm starting to guess you don't. Keep it that way.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Strategic Tea posted:

no you are being oppressed gently caress your common sense capitalism is magic

I understand how effective marketing can be. For someone with disposable income and the pathological desire to spend it, I'm sure its very effective. If someone wants to buy a new vehicle but is undecided on the make, an additional can probably sell that car to them.

Not everyone is like this. I make purchases bases on a sliding scale of quality and price. I'm sure this true for many people.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moose face posted:

I honestly believe that advertisements do not effectively work on me. They do work on kids, and kids work on their parents and that's the problem with marketing specifically to children

Studies show that people who think this are actually more susceptible to ads and commercials.

for what it's worth. not saying you're wrong (good for buying value items and shopping in thrift stores imo) but to discount advertising as something that only works on children is naive imo.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

Commercials only work if you watch them a lot which I'm starting to guess you don't. Keep it that way.
I don't have cable. Netflix doesn't have ads and I skip YouTube ads every time

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

moose face posted:

I don't have cable. Netflix doesn't have ads and I skip YouTube ads every time

Same. Except I use an adblock.

E: it can be fun to spot the ideological concept that high value commercials are trying to sell tho.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Democracy, Capitalism and Jesus make up the magical elixir that gives the USA super powers making us unstoppable.

:911:

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

BigBoss posted:

$40? Try like $100 a day per person to go to Disneyworld. But it's worth it because it's awesome an a lot of fun plus $100 isn't that big of a deal.

Also this is some chick from Disney XD. They along with Nickelodeon really turn these bitches out.

lmfao what the gently caress is this granny shin-high stocking bullshit about girl god drat go put your meemaw's things away just jfc girl

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
bitch do you got an embolism growing in your legs put your dad's compression stockings back in the goddamn wash this is so loving stupid

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

momerath posted:

disney is cool

sittin there like this is her first john and she's watching him take his tie and shirt off and she's waitin JUST WAITIN for the 50+ year old gut to present itself and make her realize that maybe she should have finished that medical coding internship after all

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
bring me more disney bitches to slay i've got a lot of spleen to vent today

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

momerath posted:

disney is cool

I remember her, my kid used to watch her show when she was really young and then she got knocked up by some famous guy's brother who was a lot older than her, I forget who. I think it was Zac and Cody, about 2 young boys from a broken home who were really neglected by their parent who had custody. It was a goofy comedy.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

She played a hotel heiress on that show.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
People think child stars all end up totally hosed but some do ok for themselves. There's good money in stripping / drug dealing

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

The Kingfish posted:

She played a HOE-TEL heiress on that show.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GORDON posted:

I remember her, my kid used to watch her show when she was really young and then she got knocked up by some famous guy's brother who was a lot older than her, I forget who. I think it was Zac and Cody, about 2 young boys from a broken home who were really neglected by their parent who had custody. It was a goofy comedy.

Actually, I take it back.

According to this her pregnancy was just a rumor but she didn't deny the rumor for 4 years, and I only heard it the one time and never followed up.

But she was still young and cute and her bfriend was old and gross so she's still kind of guilty of something.

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

GORDON posted:

Actually, I take it back.

According to this her pregnancy was just a rumor but she didn't deny the rumor for 4 years, and I only heard it the one time and never followed up.

But she was still young and cute and her bfriend was old and gross so she's still kind of guilty of something.

ruined

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Hahahah oh my god.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

i bet this sucker been spending years under lasers just so he can get into the country club now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
His ancestors must have been Aztecs.

How and why did the conquistadors let some of them live is the question

• Locked thread