Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Thanks again for always handling these threads, Lucy.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
A-1 Pictures | Itou, Tomohiko | Psychological, Seinen, Supernatural | Jan 8, 2016
Struggling manga author Satoru Fujinuma is beset by his fear to express himself. However, he has a supernatural ability of being forced to prevent deaths and catastrophes by being sent back in time before the incident occurred, repeating time until the accident is prevented. One day, he gets involved in an accident that has him framed as a murderer. Desperate to save the victim, he sends himself back in time only to find himself as a grade-schooler one month before fellow classmate Kayo Hinazuki went missing. Satoru now embarks on a new quest: to save Kayo and solve the mystery behind her disappearance.
Links: N/A

DoubleDonut's AOTS:
Dagashi Kashi
Feel | Takayanagi, Shigehito | Comedy, Shounen | N/A
Shikada Kokonotsu's father owns a rural sweets shop, and his plan is for Kokonotsu to take it over one day. However, Kokonotsu wants to be a manga author instead! One day in summer, the cute but weird girl Shidare Hotaru, from the famous sweets company, comes to pay a visit. Apparently, Kokonotsu's father is famous and she wants him to join her family's company. However, he will only agree if she can convince Kokonotsu to take over the family business!

Dimension W
Studio 3Hz | Kamei, Kanta | Sci-Fi, Seinen | N/A
In the year 2072, the world's energy problems seem solved by a network of cross-dimensional electric-field inductors—"coils"—that extract energy from a seemingly infinite source. That source is the W dimension, a fourth plane that exists beyond the X, Y, and Z dimensions. In this world, unofficial "illegal" coils harness powers that the police can't hope to counter. Dealing with these coils is the job of coil-hating repo man Kyoma, whose run-in with the unique coil android Mira leads the two to form a reluctant partnership.

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
Studio Shuka | N/A | Action, Mystery, Supernatural | Jan 9, 2016
The story takes place in a downtown of Tokyo, Ikebukuro. Teenage punks gang up and fight against each other. The gangsters are afraid of an urban legend "Dullahan" headless rider, who rides a black motorcycle without head lights nor sounds of engine. Ryuugamine Mikado is a normal high school boy who seeks peculiar beings. When he moves in to Ikebukuro, a mad scramble for Dullahan's missing head breaks out. Third and final cours of the second Durarara!! season.

Snow White with the Red Hair 2
Bones | Ando, Masahiro | Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo | N/A
Second season of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime.
Will check out each of these in time. I'm pretty behind on a bunch of stuff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Just use this:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Oh, gross.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

SMH if you didn't pick the autistic dialogue option at every opportunity in that game.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I am allowed to make fun of my own people.

Those are the rules.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I've done so much catching up on shows from previous years that I can't remember what all I've watched that came out this year - barring the stuff I am watching right at this very moment, of course.

Looking forward to the end of year thread.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I too remember the notable shonen ai anime Akagi.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

boomboomboom: First three minutes of Gundam Thunderbolt are out
boomboomboom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Trb5wCvlw
boomboomboom: pass it on
Bad Seafood: The people who care already know I am sure.
boomboomboom: I wish I had your confidence
Bad Seafood: I am sure.
Bad Seafood: The people who care a bunch about Gundam/Thunderbolt.
Bad Seafood: Will be entirely capable of learning about it and watching it.
boomboomboom: But Gundam IBO is opening up Gundam to a whole new audience
boomboomboom is now Offline.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Gundam isn't a matter of life and death

It's more important than that.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Namtab posted:

Attn: the mod. If the namtab pick in this or future threads turns out to contain bad content then give me 2 days off
Done.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yesterday and everyday.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

I binged through Code Geass while I was ravaged by flu and fever, and now I'm sad it's over. I think I accidentally inceptioned myself to need anime. :smith:
What did you like about Code Geass? Shouldn't be too hard to find you more of the same, if that's what you're into.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

darkgray posted:

I've posted the Best of 2015 thread now. Do your thing, Namtab.
Stickied.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

In this, our hour of need, let us take a moment to stop talking about all this stuff and instead reflect on the winter animes of 2016.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The problem with the GATE thread was less the show/manga/novels being bad, more people posting badly about it.

The series itself honestly just sounds like harmless kitschy pulp to me.

EDIT: That said I will probably not reopen the thread, nor allow its recreation.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 23, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Please post your credentials before going off on long winding tangents about the perils of Japanese jingoism, thank you.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Evangelion is one of the few anime I'd argue is "Actually Important" so I hope some of the uninitiated will take this opportunity to check out the series.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

What site/program is that?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Otacon wouldn't read Air Gear, it doesn't have mechs in it.
It's got a bunch of other stuff Otacon probably would read it for though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I think Dimension W will be good.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If Dimension W comes out and turns out to be bad you may quote this post and laugh at me when the time is right.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It's not dead yet. May change my mind later.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Neptunia thing was started as a rumor by people who didn't know why Jojo wasn't getting the One Piece/Naruto/Bleach treatment of one single long-running show without interruptions, and was consequently spread by people who have no idea how the industry works.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I have the day off today so I'm gonna go see a movie.

I've unlocked the Myriad Colors thread. If you guys can turn it into something more substantive while I'm gone, I'll leave it open. Not asking for much, just more than "Eh, it was a thing," "Maybe it's bad, I dunno."

I believe in you guys. Save the thread.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Also, Plutonis, you have my permission to yell at that one guy but only for one post.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Jojo is extremely compartmentalized so cutting it up and spreading it out actually makes a lot of sense.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If Erased is the show I'm thinking of I'll probably wait for it to finish before watching it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Town Where Only I Am Missing is a way better title than just ERASED.

Why'd they change it?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I can see how it's a bit labor-intensive to type out every time but it has a certain ebb and flow to it that works.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

graybook posted:

I've made threads but that's not to say it's indicative of what policy is overall.

If a general shorts thread is how it'll be done onward, then I'll refrain from posting a close my thread.

Bad Seafood, what say you?
As long as you've got something you can actually have a conversation about, it's fine.

We've had threads for shorts before.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

I think people should be able to make threads about what they want, when they want, but the purpose of a thread (99% of the time) is to have a conversation, so I think people should only make threads for things when there's actually something to talk about.
Cross-posting this from the chat thread since I know there are some types (like Graybook) who are on the fence about this sort of thing.

If you wanna make a thread for a show, you don't have to wait an arbitrary amount of episodes to do so - or wait for an arbitrary amount of people to show interest - but you should have something to talk about. If you think you're the only person watching a show, feel free to try and make a thread for it to drum up some interest, but not everything that comes out needs its own thread (and just because it gets a thread doesn't mean it's going to take off). For certain shows, hype, staff talk, or the existence of source material can justify a thread before they've even aired, but for others it's good to wait a few episodes just to see how things pan out. This thread, I think, and all other seasonal discussions are a great place to test the waters or throw out minor commentary.

Don't be afraid to make threads, but don't make them out of obligation or because "Well, SOMEONE has to" or whatever. You can speak up when you've something to say, but if you've nothing to say don't try to fill airtime.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Probably a good idea.

Likewise, if someone (looking at you, Namtab) wants to remake the Myriad Colors thread, I won't say no. In this case I'd just ask that you wait a week for the next episode after the first proved to be such a nonstarter.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Namtab posted:

6 minutes in, it doesn't seem like it's Got punishable content, but I'm really bored. It's a bad namtab rec and ultimately I leave it to the mod to decide if I need probating for it for a period up to 2 days
Boring but otherwise inoffensive; take Sunday off.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Davincie has convinced me to check out Grimgar on the basis of it being super purdy.

Probably gonna watch the first episode of several shows today so we'll see how things pan out.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If we don't have a Dimension W thread by next week, I'll make one myself.

Anyone who feels enterprising, feel free to steal it from me. Just make sure it's good.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Splatoon anime.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Itoi named the Game Boy.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kytrarewn posted:

I'm going to have to keep watching Divine Gate, because if I don't who will?
This is a dangerous path you have chosen to walk, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I want to read Postal Parcel's review of Hellsing Ultimate.

• Locked thread