Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Most likely I'd have to say, going purely on gut feels alone, Diablo 2 or the Warcraft 2 Level Editor or maybe Rollercoaster Tycoon. If I had to be a little more objective about it, I'd probably say Quake 3/Live even though I only started playing it in 2012, or Victoria: An Empire Under The Sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Taking very recent releases into account, it's hard not to put Super Mario Maker in at least the top 5 games of all time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I love watching chill guys play this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

I 100% completed Super Mario Sunshine over one summer without a guide to impress a girl in my elementary school class. :slick: :black101:

*calls the police*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jerkops posted:

I take this back, Quake made me a PC gamer, Zelda 1 & 2, and Final Fantasy 1 made me a gamer as a kid

For me it was Super Mario Bros and, if the screenshots I found of the team select menu are matching up with the picture I have in my head, Baseball Stars.

I think it is the game since https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGuPONzYm28 I remember this music I think. I was 2 or 3 when I played it last though so.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Intellivision Dude is epic...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't remember the cartride looking like it does in google though which is concerning me. Maybe my rents had the Tengen copy of RBI baseball... I don't know.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jerkops posted:

I remember Baseball Stars and Tecmo Bowl led me to believe that pro sports were way cooler when I was controlling the players

They are.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Super Mario World, my first game ever. Doned.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

One of the most memorable moments in gaming, to me, was in Pokémon Silver when I beat the Elite Four and found out that you can actually go and fight your way through the entire original R/B/Y region.

I love when a game reveals itself to be way bigger than I had been led to expect. It happened twice yesterday.
Same but Crystal... Hell of a game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

:bow: to the Godly PC Gamer.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

#Genuflecting

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm more blown away that in 2000 or before that even, the whole problem of people camping and stuff was already elegantly solved by Quake and Doom and w/e, and now Activision and EA are doing the most insane possible poo poo year after year and adding more and more onto the problem to combat complaints and lessen it by tiny steps while creating new bad things...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For some reason I have a hard time capturing the feels I got from playing Tycoon and Sim type games as a kid.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Die.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah but I don't know man. I don't know what kind of gamer I am anymore, frankly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Can someone please start a Wayward Gamers megathread.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I've been a AAA/Map gamer hybrid for a good while now.

Today is the last day your legally allowed to do this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

Making elaborate coasters that launched the coaster into crowds of people or a big lake ftw

I was more interested in actually running a successful park, but that's just me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember when I finally got to go to DisneyWorld all I could think about was flying back to Maine, getting on the computer and spending the whole summer making the most epic Theme Park of all time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was a huge SimFarm, SimTower, Sim City SNES (Although my childhood was scarred due to my cousin trying to rub her foot fungus on me while I was playing), RCT, Warcraft 2 Map Editor, Watching My Dad Play Railroad Tycoon 2, and Lords of the Realm 2 guy, as a kid.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The game I think I spent the most time emulating as a kid was a Japanese copy of Monster Rancher 3 I think for GBA which I somehow learned how to play and understand just from doing it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh it was just Monster Rancher Advance. This but in Japanese because I could never find an english copy and by the time it came out I had probably already learned how to play the Japanese one.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The bug where if two people post at the exact same time or whatever and it doesn't let you see one of them, is driving me God drat mental.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

how does monster rancher advance generate monsters

I don't remember, I guess randomly but there's a picture in my brain of a CD icon in the game's menus somewhere so probably through a crazy japanese thing where you put a CD in a tower at a toy store or whatever and hook your GBA up to it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sort of like if you ever wanted to print out Pokemon Snap pictures.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is what Wikipedia says: Similar to the other Monster Rancher games, gameplay revolves around creating, raising, and fighting monsters. Due to the Game Boy Advance's limitations, players do not generate monsters by inserting disks into the console, but typing characters. Players can also create new monsters by combining 2 existing ones, just like the PlayStation versions. One of the differences between this and earlier Monster Ranchers is that Dino has been replaced with Zumms, as well as several species, such as Monols, having been omitted.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's the only Monster Rancher game I played and I only saw one episode of the show so I'm not the guy to ask, especially since I only played it in Japanese. lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's become impossible for me to truly lose my life to a MMO due to my lack of patience and always being aware of how truly little time there is for anything so I don't mind playing them, it's like playing a slightly more expensive any other kind of game to me, at this point.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

So you could generate a monster from the phrase rear end or gently caress. Awesome

Probably but I just typed things that looked like a Tree or a Hay Bale or spaghetti.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

i dont know anything about loudout except you have to be an insane idiot to look at it and decide to play it

I made a lightning gun from Quake except it shoots infinite range and people are a thousand times more likely to think your hacking.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm surprised there's still things to say about Loadout other than the company went out of business and/or only 3 people play the game anymore.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

preordered battlefront season pass dark side edition ftw

*Exhales Disturbedly*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Same... I bought CK2's Horse Lords and EU4's Common Sense the day they came out and I don't think I've actually played either game since. Those Swedes have me by the balls.

Same here but every DLC for every map game dating back about a year and a half now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You wrote passwords

lmfao I knew you of all people would probably be the other guy that played Monster Rancher GBA.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Monster Rancher DS let you draw the touchscreen and I made a big hairy peinis and somehow it summoned a suezo with lipstick and a wig

Epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

the Jurassic Park builder game

:kreygasm:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Except I rented that game for real instead of emulating it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

you could rent GBA games?

I did, from either Sounds Easy Video Store or BlockBuster in Lewiston, ME many years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My first GBA games under the tree at Xmas were Wario Land 4, and this which was actually a GBC game.

I wasn't a wrestling fan even the least bit at the time and wouldn't be for another uhh 12 years I think, for context.

• Locked thread