Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
How important is cheating scenario mode? Cause that poo poo is getting boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

vulturesrow posted:

How important is cheating scenario mode? Cause that poo poo is getting boring.
You get a card every 10 levels or so and a pack if you beat it before the end of the year I think, and a small amount of gems, other than that dailies and arena are way better.
I've been doing pvp for fun and to try and get my xp/levels up so I can add the rest of the goons, i only have 32 friend slots.

I cant remember if you get a hero out of it.

I was honestly wondering if I shouldn't reroll, I don't have any real stellar cards and got rid of some nice ones and wasted loads of gold. Cat merchant gave me some near worn out cards as well.

If I do I'll give everything to goons.
I hate my urges to reroll and do starter stuff till perfection, it's why i never beat the dark souls and did sl1 runs.

I just got my 26-27 day consecutive login hero as well, she seems like shed bw good with direct damage, swarms of cheap creatures and lane changers.
She causes one damage to a random enemy card when you damage the hero, good for one shotting fairies and cleaning up stuff you already damaged down to one hp.

Then again I have 3 counter spells and a gold card that damages hero 5-8 when they cast a spell, and a counter summon. I don't think the ai would use them well for arenas, I platinumed once due to luck.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

You get multiple heroes out of the campaign. Most of them don't seem that great, but I like the paladin lady myself

BTW I suggest never using/picking Bloody Aurora in arena, because I keep seeing the AI use it when it has no board while I have multiple minions.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Dec 21, 2015

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Random draft can be pretty funny. Their ghost dropped the devil that heals herself but hurts the hero every turn. Luckily I had a net warrior which couldn't kill the devil through her heal so my opponent was just taking 5 unavoidable damage every turn.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Random draft is great for discovering fun combos. For instance, my current draft deck combines that Witch who reduces all the enemies' HP every turn with that new Ifrit card who deals damage to all the enemies every turn, which basically amounts to a full enemy board wipe every turn.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
Tons of stuff happening in this game lately! Check them out here.

What's not listed: Gem packs will now give you a 100% bonus on your first purchase of each specific bundle. So 100 bucks nets you 2600, 50 bucks nets you 1200, etc. I will also be sending out a wave of gems out so make sure you add Tadders before today ends.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Added you, Tadders.

Also, if anyone pulls multiple dark special sherrs and wants to trade for a light special sherr hmu

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Has there ever in the history of Mabinogi Duel been a Sherr that actually managed to trigger it's effect? I sometimes take it in a daily draft and it always gets a response.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Looking for surrender trade buddy to fill up those internet duel requirement.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I use her in draft and could consider tossing her in a PvP deck. If the opponent blows their wad resource-wise in 2nd or 3rd after employing mass removal, and she's usually cheap enough to throw out.

Has anyone seen any cards from 3G that are enticing yet. Maybe the new elves with Tris or nature goblin spam, but compared to the amazing stuff that came out of 2G I haven't been very impressed. It's sad because I ducking love wizards.

Nyaa posted:

Looking for surrender trade buddy to fill up those internet duel requirement.
I'm in game and can do it

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 21, 2015

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
The event doesn't start until tomorrow.

quote:

Has there ever in the history of Mabinogi Duel been a Sherr that actually managed to trigger it's effect? I sometimes take it in a daily draft and it always gets a response.

Sherr is really good in a control shell since you can play a board wipe into a very cheap and efficient creature afterwards. It's whatever if they kill it, it opens up your actual bombs. Fun fact: Both Sherrs stay at 1 cost all the way to level 4. A +1 Sherr can do some real work if you can make a deck around it.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I'm gonna have very little time to play going forward, where is my time best spent? Doing the mutant daily missions or Arena?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I also added Tadders.

Just now I had a game that showed that even a level 10 ghost plays like poo poo. The first time it used doppelganger trauma, it killed its own goblin bomber plus mine and the second time it killed my two vines along with its two slimes. I guess reviving for an expensive doppelganger trauma was better than saving up for fire wall :shrug:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Geektox posted:

I'm gonna have very little time to play going forward, where is my time best spent? Doing the mutant daily missions or Arena?

The Advanced daily missions are a nice way to rack up gems and cards. The Rookie Arena is limited to 10 matches/day, so it's pretty good if you don't have a whole lot of time to play. Christmas Arena is also similarly limited, to 15 matches/day.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
All gems are sent, it was about 900 gems spread out to 34 people. If anybody want prerelease unlock coupons let me know, I can send 3 per person.

Somebody needs to make an IRC room for this game so we can get some duels and trades going.

Tadders fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 21, 2015

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Nyaa, you were fast on the draw. Let me know if you need more fields that I throw next time.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Tadders posted:

The event doesn't start until tommorow
Oh, welp. See you all tommorow. :v:

DaveWoo posted:

Christmas Arena is also similarly limited, to 15 matches/day.
I think i have like 60 or 80 win so far and i am only half way in gold. All these high stake battle are awful.

Bell_ posted:

Has anyone seen any cards from 3G that are enticing yet. Maybe the new elves with Tris or nature goblin spam, but compared to the amazing stuff that came out of 2G I haven't been very impressed. It's sad because I ducking love wizards.
Nothing enticing yet, but a lot of annoying turn based cards.

Bell_ posted:

Nyaa, you were fast on the draw. Let me know if you need more fields that I throw next time.
That's fine. The requirement doesn't need me to win, so the faster we do this the better. I prefer staying low rank anyway. Pro league battle are so awful. :eng99:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 21, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I think this link will work but here is my stash. The Angel is actually an Angel (Dark -1), but I couldn't find that option in the dropdown/search. e: The broken image on that site is Tyron's Statue (Gold -1).

I'm having difficulty building a deck out of these cards; there's a lot of good things in there that I could work with but I'd really like to make a solid gold-based deck.

What does the -1/+1 mean? I get that if a card has a symbol next to its name its of a different color.

I also don't understand the "selling" thing. For instance, my most valuable card according to the game is Druid Tarlach -1 at 6500 gold...but I read about people selling cards for hundreds of thousands of gold.

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 21, 2015

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Tadders posted:

All gems are sent, it was about 900 gems spread out to 34 people. If anybody want prerelease unlock coupons let me know, I can send 3 per person.

Somebody needs to make an IRC room for this game so we can get some duels and trades going.

What do the prerelease unlock coupons do exactly?

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
For the pre-release boosters (which right now is G3), you need a coupon and the necessary gems to purchase one. It's a stupid system to control the flow of new cards into the game but it does encourage people using player shops so whatever.

Rafzakael posted:

What does the -1/+1 mean? I get that if a card has a symbol next to its name its of a different color.

I also don't understand the "selling" thing. For instance, my most valuable card according to the game is Druid Tarlach -1 at 6500 gold...but I read about people selling cards for hundreds of thousands of gold.

-1 means it's a mutant that can be played as a level 1 when your player level is 2 and as a level 2 when your player level is 3. It can not be played at level 1 at all.

+1 means the reverse; it can be played at level 2 when your player level is at 1 and so forth. It will end up being a level 4 at player level 3.

This is an anime card game, people love their waifu cards. If your card has an anime girl on it it'll probably sell for lots. If it's heavily played in the meta it'll also sell for a lot. If it's both (such as Alarune +1), then you can make bank. As a general rule, -1 cards aren't worth too much unless they are attached to utility cards (Holy Spear, Death Sentence, Turn to Frog).

Rafzakael posted:

I'm having difficulty building a deck out of these cards; there's a lot of good things in there that I could work with but I'd really like to make a solid gold-based deck.

For general AI/Rookie Arena, I would do the following:

1 Magic Missle
1 Skeleton
1 Hunt
1 Vampire
1 Death Sentence
1 Alaraune
1 Wild Boar
1 Hawk
1 Succubus
1 Stone Golem or Phantom of the Dragon
1 Fire Wall
1 Earth Dragon: Janvar

If you want to make that, I can put the commons + Alarune in my shop for really cheap, will cost about 14k total.

Tadders fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 21, 2015

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Rafzakael posted:

I think this link will work but here is my stash. The Angel is actually an Angel (Dark -1), but I couldn't find that option in the dropdown/search.

Since you've been playing the game for a bit, you've picked up that as you gain levels during a game that the spells and creatures you summon come in at your level. The -1/+1 attributes modify the spell/creature. casting creatures at higher levels makes a threat that's harder to deal with even at lower levels (alraune+1 as a first turn play, for instance usually needs at least two cards to deal with unless you play "hard removal" which outright deletes her) A +1 creature when you're level 3 will come in as level 4. Of course, these cards are also more expensive to play resource-wise

So, -1 cards are good as alternatives, especially when it comes to spells or creatures that don't really benefit much from being a higher level, especially when you factor in grave costs from repeated deaths/castings.

The selling thing is new. You don't want to sell your cards to the computer for the most part anymore unless you know it's trash nobody will ever want. You can set up your own personal store for selling cards to other players, and even at the most humble level it's still going to mean more gold than you'd get selling to the computer.

To ADD cards to your personal store, you actually need to be looking at your binder. You then select the card you want to "register" in your store and it will pop out of your binder and into your store. You can visit your own personal store to see what's there by going to the store page, scrolling down and chosing the appropriate option.

Unless you pay 10 gems, only friends can look at your store, which makes an easy way to push cards to your friends. Paying 10 gems will make it public and advertise your store and an ID code so people can find their way back to your store easily. Someone here said it lasts a week? I'm not sure.

If I typed it up better I could toss it in one of the OPs.

Tadders posted:

As a general rule, -1 cards aren't worth too much unless they are attached to utility cards (Holy Spear, Death Sentence, Turn to Frog).
High damage AOE has a niche here too. Thunder -1 was key in a few decks a while ago, and I think if he wanted to sell his dark fireball -1 he could find some value out of it too.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 21, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Ah excellent, thanks guys.

I'm gonna start piddling around and seeing what deck I can make out of these cards.

Is there a good resource for price checking or is it mainly browse the shop board for general prices?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Rafzakael posted:

Ah excellent, thanks guys.

I'm gonna start piddling around and seeing what deck I can make out of these cards.

Is there a good resource for price checking or is it mainly browse the shop board for general prices?
There may be somewhere, but I haven't found it. I browse the shop board. If there's something you're looking for that's season 1 or 2 and not a promo or mutant I'm sure someone here can take care of you.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Thanks for the gems, Tadders. It helped fund my latest super booster purchase which gave me this:

Don't know if it'll be practical, but it sure is something.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Light Label OP proof?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Tadders posted:

This is an anime card game, people love their waifu cards. If your card has an anime girl on it it'll probably sell for lots. If it's heavily played in the meta it'll also sell for a lot. If it's both (such as Alarune +1),
I decide to try the super booster since the mutant rate is quite high.

Alt art AND blue Witch:Zeina

Oh god i am going to be rich isn't it? :kingsley:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Holy crap, cat. Stop offering me Doppelganger Traumas.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

This is good, right?

e: It's deals same damage at level 4 as it does level 3, so the only good thing is the color shift if I wanted to run it in a green deck I guess

e2: I'm gonna give this deck a whirl. http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/us/deck?5f86a42

Seems like Parnok plus the removal I have would work really well together, while getting bigger dudes out on the field, but I don't have any resource generation so I don't know how this is gonna work.

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 22, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

+1 ups the level of a card permanently, but max level is still three. So at level 1 all +1 cards are at the cost and strength of level 2. At level 2 all +1 cards are at the cost and strength of level 3. At level 3 all +1 cards are still level 3.

But you could probably sell that card for ~25-30k if not more. And that can build a good deck.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Lvl 20 gives 36 friend slots! I think I got everyone, if not my ign is scratchula

Thanks again for being super generous goons!

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
I've got a few questions for the veterans of the game:
1. Anyone bought the pre-release G3 pack yet? How are them?
2. Is there a way to chat in-game?
3. Regarding the "surrender trade", I've tried "friendly duel" -> "forfeit", but it doesn't seems to count for the coupon "internet duel played"? Same as when Nyaa invite me -> forfeit, it doesn't count as "internet duel win"? So how does this work actually?

Seriously, I wish there's an in-game chat function between friends, just so that I could thank all those generous goons, and so that I could ask all the above questions.

EDIT: OK, I've found the answer for Question 3. You have to use the "Internet Duel Mode" instead, so just have to forfeit against random people. I'm still confused about the posts above details "concede trade" though. Can someone explain?

To NyaaSA: I'll make a real deck soon, so let's have a nice proper duel next time :) I'll invite when I'm ready

srulz fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 22, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Rafzakael posted:

e2: I'm gonna give this deck a whirl. http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/us/deck?5f86a42

Seems like Parnok plus the removal I have would work really well together, while getting bigger dudes out on the field, but I don't have any resource generation so I don't know how this is gonna work.

This deck's early aggro seems to work well but after 13 games I have not had a chance to throw Parnok or Kroa out; fireball and shasha works so much more easily (and cheaply) that I don't ever do anything with Parnok or Kroa except discard them for mana...

Any ideas for replacements to toss in? I replaced a skeleton with black cat to get some generation going and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

S3 have a few interesting stall cards, which might make 'Ultimate' spell deck more viable.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Thanks Tadders!

Loving the Christmas Cat trades. Counterspell for my Elf? Yessir!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

For the Christmas event, do you guys think it's better to stop early with a strong ghost or just play through getting all my games for the day in? Out of 15 games, I generally lose a couple games and end up with a level 5 ghost but I can probably get up to 10 or so. I really wish they had some sort of stat card so you know how many games your ghost wins.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I guess it depends on how well the AI plays out your strategies. If it's too complex, stronger AI probably won't help. I don't think it's competent enough beside 'play strong monsters'.

You can check it out in the mirror ghost practice duel.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

For me it depends on when I play. When I play in the morning* I use up all my games because I rarely will get notifications that I either won or lost games so I consider the points more valuable. If I play in the evening I might consider retiring earlier to have a stronger ghost, because it seems to get more opponents. I just stopped before my last game at 4 wins (after having a 9 win streak earlier), but that might just be because I was feeling rather smug after defeating one of Bell_'s ghosts (the arrow deck, it played rather poorly against a level 1 Trap In the Castle).

*5-6 hours after the reset

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 23, 2015

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

In as Donincognito, still trying to work out a good deck.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I don't suppose anyone is willing to sell trap in the castle? I'm trying to replicate one of the top decks and it's the only thing I'm missing. Is there a good substitute? I'm already using holy spear and internal conflict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
nvm

• Locked thread