Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Rule
Mar 18, 2012
With the rising popularity of this guy I wish to spark some discussion about Donald Trump. I do not know much about economics or politics, but I feel like I should at least ask for some insight to a what if question I have.
"What if Donald Trump became president?"

Basically I want someone who's savvy in this stuff to give some insight on Trumps character and his "plans" for America. I know that polls don't mean much and that anything can happen in the coming few months, but I just want to ask this question to see what other people will think if this does happen. Will we get better, worse, or will nothing at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Not the President America needs, but the President America deserves.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Trump will make America great again God haven't you been paying attention

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Mimmigrunts

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i used to admire him as a kid and because of him i wanted to grow up to be an entrepreneur

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
Trump seems like a good embodiment of current America. Arrogant and stupid.

Bacicot
Apr 3, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Celebrity apprentice was a good show

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

If Trump wins we riot.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/74221/return-middle-american-radical

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Donald Trump is an alpha in a field of betas.

Evidence: Jeb Bush was the premier beta among betas and the first thing Trump did was this

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/steve-schmidt-donald-trump-2016-jeb-bush-213180

*drops mic*

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I like that Trump rallies are full of people who feel free enough to beat up protesters

Donald Trump Supporters Brawl With Black Lives Matter Protestor At A Rally

I think Walmart will be stocking jackboots next year

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Trump says what everyone is thinking!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He's a carny who said some racisms and I hope he isn't able to parlay that into Pied Pipering his way anywhere near the Oval Office.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
he's bad, op

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Considering the other contenders for the Republican primary, he's gonna be the Republican candidate. This will be one of the greatest election cycles of my life time and I don't even live in the US.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

As someone that's registered Republican I can't wait to vote Trump and usher in the apocalypse

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Trump will be the next president of the US

also the last

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is there a Poverty Ghost with a pistol in his mouth yet?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The greatest American troll since Obama.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I wonder what Canada is like this time of year, specifically next year.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

LungBrothers
Oct 5, 2015

by Shine
He would be impeached almost immediately but lol at the very idea of him becoming President.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

LungBrothers posted:

He would be impeached almost immediately but lol at the very idea of him becoming President.

LOL no congress would be terrified of tangling with that true alpha. They are all bitchmade pussies.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

tone down the HDR there bud

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

LungBrothers posted:

He would be impeached almost immediately

I've heard experts say the same thing was inevitable after Bill Clinton's blowjob, Dubya's Iraq War, and OBummer's NSA shenanigans & Obamacare.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
the american caesar, here to blow away this pretense of representative democracy and give us all the imperial dickings we deserve desire.

trump promises a return to greatness. the greatness of '88, with gold plated faucets and black marble in every home and an '88 Chrysler New Yorker in every parking space. own a 4 cylinder eco-friendly slushbox wimp's car? gently caress YOU, New Yorker. Own a big rear end coal-rolling truck? gently caress YOU, New Yorker. We will have a space shuttle again, soft drinks and milk shakes will come in generic cups with weird fuschia and goldenrod patterns, and the cold war will be back on the boil.

it will be 1988 all over again - a do over, with trump at the helm, to right what went wrong and set a course for a brilliant American future. it may be one of blinding prosperity and social well-being never seen before, or it could be nuclear fire. either way, THIS TIMELINE IS NOT WHAT WAS MEANT FOR US.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Immortan posted:

I've heard experts say the same thing was inevitable after Bill Clinton's blowjob, Dubya's Iraq War, and OBummer's NSA shenanigans & Obamacare.

heres an actual trump fan now lol

banme
Apr 23, 2008

Network Pesci posted:

Not the President America needs, but the President America deserves.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

a real life dees

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

BigBoss posted:

LOL no congress would be terrified of tangling with that true alpha. They are all bitchmade pussies.

Has any of yall been hit with the Stone Cold Stunner then walked out of the ring on their own feet and not a stretcher? All yall shut the gently caress up Trump in da house!

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Clinton was impeached for perjury and then acquitted. You'd have to wait for Trump to do something particular like order the military to violate a court order or whatever and then Congress would have to impeach him and then convict him for it.

If he wins the primary the republicans will probably just try to cope and pack him into a bubble of actual political people like his Chief of Staff and VP or whatever and just try to run their actual agenda while he runs around saying crazy poo poo. I see him as the kind of guy who would be more interested in seeing what he could get away with than actually doing the poo poo the President does all day or having a real agenda. Probably just get bored halfway through putting his cabinet together and let someone else handle the nerd poo poo while he calls the Supreme Court a bunch of queers and ugly dykes.

Like, maybe he would land on the idea of vetoing every bill Congress passes until he gets his way or some poo poo and have to be talked out of it, or the government would shudder to a halt until public opinion forced Congress to get together and pre-override him every time, but that's not super far from what we have now. I mean, we're still under the sequester and the Speaker just got cannibalized by his own party, so we're already at Defcon Retard.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
CHINA
CHINA
CHINA
CHINA
CHINA
CHINA
CHINA
CHINA

I LOVE CHINA!

- The Donald

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I tried to find an unflattering photo of Ivanka so it would be fair but that was the worst one I could find.

I'm ok with fascism I guess. It's 2015 after all.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 1, 2015

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

Tom Gorman posted:

I tried to find an unflattering photo of Ivanka so it would be fair but that was the worst one I could find.

I'm ok with facism I guess. It's 2015 after all.

This is why I date black girls. I don't have to compete with their dads wanting to gently caress them.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Donald Trump isn't a human, he's actually a sort of living gelatine that has chosen to mimic the human form, and this is why he has trouble with the fine details like hair and certain facial expressions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Immortan posted:

fun fact: Clinton did get impeached

• Locked thread