Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

who you should fight: Australian Prime Ministers edition

• Barton: You could fight Barton. He was pissed all the time anyway. Plus he was first so people will know who you’re talking about, but none of them will know enough to get angry at you for it.

• Deakin: He’ll come back like three times. You will get to walk past everything named after him like “Ha, kicked the poo poo out of him” though.

• Watson: He was PM for four months, why would you bother

• Reid: You could just roll him over, but be warned: he’ll have a Cutting Remark about it.

• Cook: I don’t know poo poo about Cook and neither do you.

• Fisher: See Deakin, but without the name recognition.

• Hughes: DO IT. FIGHT HUGHES. He’s evil, tiny, and the whole ALP will help you.

• Bruce: Just look at that smug little union-busting prick. You can take him.

• Scullin: Dude had two splits in his party at once in two different directions. Why would you make his life worse?

• Lyons: Don’t fight Lyons. He might die, and then Sir Earle Page and Dame Enid would kick your rear end.

• Page: Yeah, fight Page, I don’t think he’ll mind, just leave Lyons alone and it’ll be cool.

• Curtin: Beloved national hero who led this nation through World War Two while struggling with alcoholism before dying in office. Do you want the whole country to hate you?

• Forde: 8 days. Why?

• Chifley: Dude made a referendum in Australia pass. Don’t mess with him.

• Menzies: The entire Liberal party will come after you. Don’t.

• Holt: Have fun fighting underwater.

• McEwen: DO NOT FIGHT MCEWEN. Don’t be fooled by his being interim PM for like a month. He single-handedly stopped Holt’s obvious successor succeeding him. He created the protectionist policies for rural Australia for decades through sheer force of personality. DON’T FIGHT MCEWEN.

• Gorton: He survived crashing his jet, having his face torn to shreds and being left for dead in the middle of the Pacific. He’s a tenacious bugger. But just put Fraser in the room and he’ll be too consumed with rage to even notice you.

• McMahon: You could take McMahon. Anyone could take McMahon. You won’t be proving anything.

• Whitlam: Too bloody tall, also the entire Australian left will come after you in revenge.

• Fraser: He might not look tough and have that snooty voice, but dude was like 6′4″ and destroyed two Prime Ministers. Don’t take the risk.

• Hawke: You could fight Hawke. I mean you’d lose, but he’d definitely buy you a beer afterward. You’d also lose the subsequent drinking contest though.

• Keating: DON’T FIGHT KEATING. DO NOT FIGHT KEATING. I don’t care how skinny he is, he will play dirty, destroy you will psychological warfare, ‘do you slowly’ and probably come up with some insult people will still be quoting three decades later.

• Howard: Do it. Fight Howard. Tiny, evil, whole left will help (also Peter Costello).

• Rudd: Seems like an easy win until he devotes the rest of his life to destroying yours. Don’t fight Rudd.

• Gillard: Woman is tough. Best avoided.

• Abbott: Like, I wanna see Abbott get punched as much as anyone, but he was a prize-winning boxer. Let the Liberal caucus do it instead.

• Turnbull: Give it a go. Fucker’s gotta be bad at something, right?

i just saw this on tumblr and there has never been a 'who u should fight' post more directly suited to my aims + aesthetic

i would smash the fourth pillar over tones' smug face tho, just sayin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

quote:

Former speaker Bronwyn Bishop spent more than $50,000 on a country-hopping South American trip earlier this year.

Mrs Bishop resigned as speaker in August following weeks of pressure over her taxpayer-funded expenditure.

Documents reveal she travelled to Ecuador, Peru and Argentina between January 10-25 this year.

Four other MPs and senators were part of a delegation that travelled to Ecuador and Peru for the Asia Pacific Parliamentary Forum.

Mrs Bishop travelled to Argentina without other members of the group.

The other four charged taxpayers less than $24,000 each.

The latest expenditure report for MPs and senators showed $32,046.28 was spent on airfares and $12,625.35 on accommodation and meals, while the total cost was $52,700.62.

Mrs Bishop's office has been contacted for comment.

Earlier this year it was revealed she spent more than $5,000 chartering a helicopter from Melbourne to Geelong in November to attend a Liberal Party fundraiser.

The expenditure report, released today, showed Mrs Bishop continued to charter aircraft after the notorious November helicopter trip.

On March 6 this year, $4,100 was spent on a return trip to Port Macquarie, where she attended the Hastings Heroine Awards — an event recognising local women leaders.

No direct flights are available between Canberra and Port Macquarie, but the journey can take less than three hours flying via Sydney.

A six-day trip by Ms Bishop to Vietnam in March and April cost taxpayers $19,218.99, including nearly $13,000 on flights.

Into the sun

quote:

The latest report, covering the first six months of 2015, also shows:

MPs and senators claimed a total of $47,655,093.32 (including undeclared expenses from previous years, along with expenses from some former parliamentarians).
Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce had the highest total for all MPs and senators, registering $1,073,991.45 in expenses during the period, followed by two West Australian-based MPs, Justice Minister Michael Keenan and Foreign Minister Julie Bishop.
The most expensive category was office facilities, costing $15,710,044.19.
Justice Minister Michael Keenan spent the most on family travel at $23,350, while fellow West Australian MPs Christian Porter and Luke Simpkins were also among the highest spending in the category.

All the way into the sun

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

some more good news today

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-03/same-sex-couples-civil-partnership-recognition-restored-qld/6999708

quote:

Same-sex couples' civil partnerships to again be recognised in Queensland

Same-sex couples in Queensland will again be allowed to hold a state-sanctioned ceremony to celebrate a civil partnership.

Queensland Parliament has restored laws that were unpicked by the former LNP government, which only allowed the registering of partnerships.

About half of the LNP's members voted with Labor to pass the laws after they were allowed to cast a conscience vote on the issue.

Former attorney-general Jarrod Bleijie, who drafted the Newman government changes, was among those who supported the bill.

Attorney-General Yvette D'Ath told Parliament it was the third time the issue had been voted on in recent years.

"Let's hope this is the last time we have to have this debate in Queensland Parliament," she said.

"Let's also hope these laws are here to stay. Whether this is about changes in the laws or whether members are responding to shifts in public attitudes, perhaps today can be the line in the sand that demonstrates that Queensland has finally moved forward."

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk told Parliament the changes would have a positive effective on younger lesbian, gay and bisexual people who had been struggling with their sexuality.

"By reinstating these ceremonies we reinforce the message that these are healthy and loving relationships," Ms Palaszczuk said.

"We reinforce acceptance and tolerance."

Katter's Australian Party MPs did not support the move, arguing marriage is between a man and a woman.

"We see civil unions as a stepping stone to marriage. Many people would see it as the next step," Mt Isa MP Robbie Katter said.

Rolling back the Newman years.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
How dare politicians spend taxpayers money on offices and flights to Canberra. Such decadence.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Siege in Liverpool this morning, dude holed up with a gun since midnight

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/30269896/sydney-streets-in-lockdown-as-police-surround-liverpool-home-during-siege-situation/

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

who you should fight: Australian Prime Ministers edition
[*]Gorton: He survived crashing his jet, having his face torn to shreds and being left for dead in the middle of the Pacific. He’s a tenacious bugger. But just put Fraser in the room and he’ll be too consumed with rage to even notice you.

A prop plane is not a jet.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Wait, y'all don't have gay marriage yet?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

What color he skin? Terrist or not edition.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

EXAKT Science posted:

This is Queensland, we do things differently here.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

No. surprisingly America beat us to that.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

loving Liverpool? There's nothing there!

E: I keep forgetting there's a Liverpool in Australia too, though the sentiment stands.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Border Force: Tough on Illegals, Tough on Nuns

Department of Immigration ends 'inappropriate' outings for children in detention run by nuns

A program run by a group of Catholic nuns that took children in immigration detention on outings has been deemed "not appropriate" by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

The Brigidine Asylum Seekers Project (BASP), run by the Brigidine Sisters, took groups of children from the Melbourne Immigration Transit Accommodation (MITA) in Broadmeadows out into the community for supervised day trips.

Sister Brigid Arthur said the program had run for four years until it was stopped by Australian Border Force (ABF) "about six months ago".

"[We'd] go to the Collingwood Children's Farm, go to the zoo occasionally, out to adventure playgrounds," Sister Brigid told 774 ABC Melbourne's Jon Faine.

"Anything that actually can entertain the kids and give them some stimulation."

The program also included occasional day trips for adults in immigration detention.

Sister Brigid said the program had been suspended by the ABF, which said it was "under review".

"We haven't actually been able to resume it, so presumably the review has ... had a negative outcome," Sister Brigid said.

ABF Regional Commander Don Smith told 774 ABC Melbourne's Rafael Epstein that he stopped the program because he was not comfortable with supervision levels.

"There were reports about some activities that were being undertaken by the nuns and the other members of the program where the levels of supervision for those activities weren't to the standard that I was comfortable with," he said.

He said the nuns would be welcome to join Serco officers on existing excursions organised for detainees.

"We welcome the nuns to participate in the excursions that we already have, we see that there is a degree of duplication in the activities, there was also a concern that we had insufficient oversight of what the activities that were being planned," he said.

"It's not the nuns ... the nuns were part of a program called the Designated Persons Program, so it wasn't just those nuns there were other members of the community who were interested in the welfare of people at the MITA, which of course I welcome.

"But the types of activities and the places they were taking them to, we had no visibility of and no control over."

In a statement, a spokesperson for the Immigration Department confirmed the program had been reviewed and, on a number of occasions, the outings were "not deemed appropriate and there was limited supervision of the activities".

"The welfare of all detainees, including children, is of paramount importance to the department," the statement added.

"While this specific program has ceased, Serco will continue to offer excursions and activities in a safe and controlled manner.

"The department continues to work with organisations formerly involved in delivering this program."

Sister Brigid said there were never any incidents or escape attempts on the outings.

"The outings were amazingly free from any incident. The people were so pleased to be out and about," she said.

"Most of the kids don't want to go with the officers, who are seen to be 'security' people."

Victorian senator John Madigan said his office had placed a call to Mr Dutton's office "to seek clarification" on the status of the Brigidine Sisters' project.

"I'm totally bewildered ... as to what the hell is happening here," Senator Madigan said.

He said he could not understand what problem could be with taking children out of the detention centre for excursions to places like the Collingwood Children's Farm.

"Some would say it's a form of torture to have them cooped up," the senator said.

Sister Brigid said the rules at the detention centre were becoming "more draconian ... under the guise of security".

She described the conditions for detainees at MITA as "worse than a prison".

"They don't know when they're going to get out, what they're going to get out to - it's just an awful, awful situation," she said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-02/nuns-day-trips-for-children-in-detention-halted-by-border-force/6993808

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Border Force Now Targeting: War Heroes, Nuns.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Recently I found a video of one of the Reclaim Australia people giving a speech at the Brisbane rally (which was the one on the 22nd of Nov). I find it pretty interesting because I couldn't hear anything beyond what we were chanting in the counter-protest but it's some real :stonk: things, in my opinion. I was also unaware that they'd been denied the use of halls or whatever to actually congregate in the past (what a surprise).

A really interesting insight into what is becoming a pretty pervasive political opinion within Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioZEhzwZJSE

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Also I've just got to say that the video is really really extreme, full of hate speech etc. it's pretty loving scary as hell. If you are really low on faith in humanity you prob won't want to watch that.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

quote:

A MUSLIM family from the Upper Hunter has been the subject of threats and online abuse after a far-right anti-Islamic social media page posted clandestine photos of them outside of their home.

The post was made late in November on a page dedicated to anti-Islamic abuse. It shows a number of photos of men of Muslim appearance exiting an identifiable home in the Upper Hunter.

It was accompanied with the caption “Taken Just now in Singleton NSW. Not wanted and not welcome. Put your daughters inside.”

A number of the comments include threats and abuse, one suggesting people should “burn there (sic) house down” and “throw bacon all over there (sic) front yard”.

It is not clear whether the family is aware of the abuse, and the Newcastle Herald has chosen not to identify the social media page containing the posts.

The Herald spoke to one of the site administrators online but, despite posting the identities of other people, they refused to disclose the names of the four people that supposedly run the page.

They claimed to know the identities of the people in the pictures, and said the intention was to “expose” them “to make people aware of what is going on around them” and to circumvent the “left-wing government a left-wing media that continue to lie and subvert the truth”. The page administrator likened Islamic people to Nazis and paedophiles.

Hunter Valley Local Area Command Chief Inspector Guy Guiana said the posts were “just rubbish”. He said any online posts that incited violence against others meant “the people putting the posts on and the page administrator can be held to account.”

He said the people who ran the page were “not helpful”, “very ill-informed” and “not that brave”.
See your ad here

“They won’t identify themselves because they’re not that brave and they know by putting this sort of stuff up they’re leaving themselves liable if someone over steps the line and makes threats,” he said.

Can we just skip the 'genocide' phase and go straight to 'being occupied by a foreign power until we learn to stop being dipshits'?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Starshark posted:

Can we just skip the 'genocide' phase and go straight to 'being occupied by a foreign power until we learn to stop being dipshits'?

This whole mess started because Australia was occupied by a foreign power.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Doctor Spaceman posted:

This whole mess started because Australia was occupied by a foreign power.

A few years of being the West Island of New Zealand wouldn't hurt

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

I saw more skinheads when I lived in New Zealand than I see here.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Skinhids

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Recoome posted:

Recently I found a video of one of the Reclaim Australia people giving a speech at the Brisbane rally (which was the one on the 22nd of Nov). I find it pretty interesting because I couldn't hear anything beyond what we were chanting in the counter-protest but it's some real :stonk: things, in my opinion. I was also unaware that they'd been denied the use of halls or whatever to actually congregate in the past (what a surprise).

A really interesting insight into what is becoming a pretty pervasive political opinion within Australia.

loving lmao at the incendiary rhetoric here

"Multiculturalism used to work, like mixing cordial and water, it blended nicely, now its like mixing oil and water"

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
So apparently all of the resignation and changing teams shenanigans yesterday are to force the numbers issue for having more Nationals in cabinet under the coalition agreement.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/barnaby-joyce-on-ian-macfarlane%27s-move-to/7000772

This will surely lead to more women in cabinet as the Nationals actually have one (1), http://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members/Parliamentarian?MPID=249764, Michelle Landry. Well..

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/12/04/macfarlane-hints-at-further-liberal-defection.html

quote:

One of Mr Macfarlane's new Queensland Nationals colleagues Michelle Landry would like to see him return to cabinet. 'He's got a lot of experience to bring to the party and I think that it's a wonderful move,' she told ABC TV. But she admitted any promotion would have to be based on merit, saying the partyroom had a 'very frank' discussion about Mr Macfarlane coming in. Ms Landry said she wouldn't be surprised if Scott Buchholz also joins the Nationals fold. Also a Queensland MP, Mr Buchholz lost his position as chief whip under Mr Turnbull.

If the Ministry for Comedic Timing is on their game hopefully there will be some pre-Xmas developments in the Brough brouhaha. At least enough to keep the dysfunctional government story in the air till they can return from the summer adjournment and take up the reins for themselves.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
AG-GAG has opposition support and will pass. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-03/ag-gag-bill-surveillance-devices-sa-parliament/6994516

loving load of rear end. I don't really have anything interesting to say about it i'm just pissed off

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Also remember the fact that we are at war. Those drat lefties won't even let us incite violence and hatred

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

The community needs to be aware that their human rights may be impacted upon, posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-04/police-warn-dandenong-locals-of-random-weapons-searches/7001074

Residents of Dandenong, in Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs, are being warned Victoria Police will search members of the public at random today for illegal weapons.

Normally, police need to have reasonable grounds to believe someone has a weapon before they stop and search them.

But under today's special operation, focussing around Dandenong's train station, police can stop anyone for a random search.

Victoria Police Inspector Graham Higginbotham said a number of weapons had already been seized in the area this year by protective service officers, who patrol around train stations.

"The community needs to be aware that their human rights may be impacted upon," Inspector Higginbotham said.

"[Today] we have the power to intercept people, stop them, at random," he told 774 ABC Melbourne.

"We're not targeting anyone in particular - it must be random - and [we'll] actually require them to submit to either scanner searches, in other words walking through like you do at the airport, or the hand-held scanners.

"In certain circumstances we can request and require people to undergo pat down and other types of searches if we have reasonable grounds in that area to believe they are in possession of illegal weapons."

Inspector Higginbotham said by law police were required to give the public advanced notification of the use of their special powers.

"[That is] so that the community is aware that we are going to be utilising additional search powers that aren't usually available to us in normal operational circumstances," he said.

He said police would have a "large visible police presence there" to provide a "safety reassurance message to the community" that they are doing everything they can to capture people who are breaking the law.

e: fixed tags

Birb Katter fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 4, 2015

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

They're really searching for Nintendo weenies to stop them beating Undertale, the guns are just a cover.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Amethyst posted:

AG-GAG has opposition support and will pass. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-03/ag-gag-bill-surveillance-devices-sa-parliament/6994516

loving load of rear end. I don't really have anything interesting to say about it i'm just pissed off

how does this compare to the narrative of Greens folding to LNP's desires regards to corporate financial accountability? Or when Labor does it it's just par for the course?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Birb Katter posted:

"The community needs to be aware that their human rights may be impacted upon"

gently caress me.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hooman posted:

gently caress me.
:mrapig: "Don't mind if I do!"

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ewe2 posted:

They're really searching for Nintendo weenies to stop them beating Undertale, the guns are just a cover.
this was the last thread I expected to see that contest leaking into

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
Got my letter!

One of the housemates collected it and didn't tell anyone, which is really sad because the other housemate who is registered at this address is my sister and the letter was for a Mr & Mrs.

ITT the Hon. Prime Minister supports incest.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

starkebn posted:

how does this compare to the narrative of Greens folding to LNP's desires regards to corporate financial accountability? Or when Labor does it it's just par for the course?

It's South Australia. About six people are going to notice, only two of them will care.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Birb Katter posted:

e: fixed tags

My coworker was late to work thanks to the fash op at dandenong

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Recoome posted:

it's insanely cool how she's just regurgitating a weird combination of right-wing memes and speech points cribbed from action films and war dramas

also, i like how there's a dude wearing an actual propeller cap that the camera keeps focusing on

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Milky Moor posted:

it's insanely cool how she's just regurgitating a weird combination of right-wing memes and speech points cribbed from action films and war dramas

also, i like how there's a dude wearing an actual propeller cap that the camera keeps focusing on

If you enjoy a humourous pisstake of this sort of thing, I recommend you have a look at this facebook page, with the Patriot Watch series.

A particularly good one was done recently

https://www.facebook.com/100009413836436/videos/1530974393893007/?pnref=story

mixing the ra... countries.

Nickopops
Jan 8, 2006
You must be this funky to ride.

Milky Moor posted:

Wearing a wu-tang shirt no less.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

quote:

UberX effectively outlawed in Victoria after driver found guilty in test case

Nathan Brenner found guilty of driving a hire car without a licence or registration, setting a precedent that may make the service illegal
Uber app
The Uber taxi app being used in Brisbane, Australia. The result of a test case in Melbourne on Friday has effectively made Uber illegal. Photograph: Dan Peled/AAP

Staff and agencies

Friday 4 December 2015 14.23 AEDT
Last modified on Friday 4 December 2015 16.05 AEDT

Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
Share on Google+
Share on WhatsApp

Shares
Comments
Save for later

UberX is effectively illegal in Victoria after a test case found one of its Melbourne drivers guilty of driving without a commercial licence.

Magistrate Julian Ayres found Uber driver Nathan Brenner guilty on Friday of two counts of operating a commercial passenger vehicle without a licence.

He was fined without conviction.

Brenner was one of 13 Uber drivers charged by the Taxi Services Commission last year during an undercover operation.
Advertisement

The court decision means the UberX service is illegal in Victoria.

Uber said it was disappointed but would continue to operate across the state and would support Brenner’s appeal.

“We will continue to support Mr Brenner as he appeals [against] the decision,” Uber said in a statement on Friday.

“It is widely acknowledged that the current legislation could not have contemplated technology such as Uber – the legislation clearly needs to be updated.”

Public transport minister Jacinta Allan says Uber has to abide by the laws.

“I’d encourage Uber to think about the position they’re putting those drivers in if they continue down this path while this matter continues to remain unresolved,” she told reporters on Friday.
Advertisement

Allan said Victoria was “well advanced” in working through policy issues surrounding how to regulate the so-called ridesharing business and ensure it does not have an unfair advantage over the taxi and hire car industry.

State opposition leader Matthew Guy said the government was taking too long.

“Other states are coming to the fore and making decisions around Uber,” Guy said.

“Canberra got off its backside and has made a decision, New South Wales is clearly looking at it, South Australia’s gone further than Victoria.

“We’ve got to find a structure where … Uber can operate in tandem with the taxi industry.”

Guy said the “obvious” answer would be to look at an annual fee mechanism which would incorporate taxis and ride-sharing companies.

The UberX platform allows drivers to offer rides for payment from their personal cars, and has been the subject of legal challenges across the world. The Australian Capital Territory legalised the service in September, the first jurisdiction in Australia to do so.

:can:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Time for yet another edition of First Dog on the Moon!

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.

Pickled Tink posted:

Time for yet another edition of First Dog on the Moon!

first dog sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

katlington posted:

Holy poo poo this guy was our defence minister. This is insane. :psyduck:

It's ridiculous to think that uncontrolled mass migration to the West might ever pose difficult moral or technical challenges to our nations. Maybe he should focus on the actual responsibilities of a Defence Minister and like, I don't know, maybe actually ensure that our troops have the equipment to discern and discuss the climate-change implications of the helicopter rotor transporting them to the restorative justice based beachball dialogue for the manatees of Kiribati.

But who cares about compassionate and humane policies when there are scared bogans around right.

• Locked thread