Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

This is the thread for people to support each other through clearing down their game backlog. (Whilst I talk about Steam, console players are welcome to join in too)

Christmas is coming, and that means another Steam sale. Of the 140 unfinished, un-abandoned (i.e. games that I haven't actively decided 'No more') games I have on Steam, 94 haven't even been played. Let's face it, that's shameful. And I haven't even looked at my GoG or console game collection.

How to play

1. Make an intro post including the number of games in your back log and the titles of 10 of them.

Games where an upgrade to the base game leaves the base game in your library count as one game - e.g. Wasteland 2 and the Director's cut are listed seperately, but count as a single product, the same with Darksouls II and Scholar of the first Sin.

2. Clear those 10 games down. Install them, play them for at least 5 hours (or until they stop being fun*) and preferably complete them. For games that expect you to play them many times over - e.g Civ type games or Simulations either complete one game cycle (e.g. play a Dynasty in CK II through to the game's end date) or achieve something in game that you deem worth the time and effort.

What about MMOs**?
You don't get to play MMOs any more unless you buy MMO time with a Clear or a Completion of a non-MMO. Alternatively if it's a MMO that's just been sitting around on your computer, get a single character to the cap and mark that as a Completion. Then put it down. But you don't get to play any MMOs that you're established in without buying hours by clearing other games.

What about games I was given?
Either keep them in your inventory rather than activating them, or play them immediatly.

Spend your Clears and Completions on new games and MMO hours. You can't gain both a Clear and a Completion from the same game.

4 Clears = 2 Completions = 1 new game or 10 MMO hours (1 Clear can be spent on 2.5 MMO hours)

3. Post your progress, thoughts on your current game, screen shots and moments of purchasing weakness

4. Refresh your list of 10 when it starts getting empty.

So sign up for the game completion drive, and lets not feel guilty about buying more games in the new year.

Game-Completers! (Backlog:cleared:completed|bought:MMO hours)

Angrymog (140:0:0|0:0)

Introduction
My name is Angrymog and I have a problem with my game backlog. I have 254 games in my steam library of which ~94 have never been played at all and 126 remain uncompleted (5 are in early access)

My starter for 10 are
- Wasteland 2 - DC (in progress, just under 50% completed?)
- Ni no Kuni : Wrath of the White Witch (in progress - no idea, just about to get on a ship)
- Transistor
- Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars
- Neo Scavenger
- Vlad the Impaler
- Trine 2
- This War of Mine
- Chainsaw Warrior
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

* Or until they're not fun. A lot of people own Bad Rats and honestly, even 1 hour of Bad Rats is 1 hour too many.

** A MMO in this case includes any ongoing game without a clear endpoint, e.g. Actual MMOs, Elite:Dangerous, eSport games, collectable card games and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Started last night with This War of Mine. It's not a fun game, but it is an interesting one. I suspect that Bruno the celebrity chef is going to screw us over the moment things get really tough. He's a bit of an arsehole and badly suited to life during wartime. The headteacher might not be much use but at least she's not whinging too much.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Oh jesus christ, Transistor is both beautiful and short enough, unless you want to do a second run. I finished it even if I payed 0c since I got it on PSPlus.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

limaCAT posted:

Oh jesus christ, Transistor is both beautiful and short enough, unless you want to do a second run. I finished it even if I payed 0c since I got it on PSPlus.

Oh god, a reply. I wasn't expecting that and had given up the thread.

I've done Transistor, Wasteland 2, Sea of Stars, Vlad the Impaler, Chainsaw warrior.

• Locked thread