Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I'll do all my actions, get pandemonium, build it in the only available spot. Then use good room once and tunnel room once, I'll dig south of gold room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Running through the update:

Istvun posted:

I'll do everything I can.

Istvun posted:

e: also I will take back rooms.

Not clear what you mean here - Buy Traps you definitely can't do, but you do have the option of taking the Dark Room and putting it at B2. Are you skipping both?

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Stelas posted:

Running through the update:

Not clear what you mean here - Buy Traps you definitely can't do, but you do have the option of taking the Dark Room and putting it at B2. Are you skipping both?

Rooms is my first card, so I'm letting traps lock.

I will build the dark room though.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, ug, right. Sorry, yes.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 2 ROUND 3 CONT.

burger time mines 2 Gold, draws 2 Trap cards, and picks up Pandemonium by spending a Gold. 2 imps dig a tunnel, 2 imps and a troll gain a gold, 0 imps desert.
Istvun pays a Gold to get 2 Food, cannot buy Traps, and picks up the Dark Room. 6 imps use the Printing Press twice, 0 imps desert.
Broken Loose improves Reputation twice, uses 4 imps to mine 3 gold, and draws 2 Trap cards. An unholy matromany provides another imp, leaving 3 to generate a food. 0 imps desert.
Tekopo improves Reputation once and looks at the first Combat card, mines 3 Gold, spends 1 and a Trap to get a Golem, and uses 3 imps to gain another Gold. 0 imps depart.

burger_time, Broken Loose, please pick your traps. (They're on the inventory sheets I PMmed you a while ago, as is Tekopo's card glance.)

burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 6+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 3 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Build Room | Monsters: Troll, Demon, Dragon
Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 6 | Food: 4 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Gather Food | Monsters: Demon, Vampire
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 8+1 | Food: 3 | Gold: 3 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Improve Reputation / Mine Gold | Monsters: Troll, Slime, Golem
Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 6 | Food: 2 | Gold: 3 | Demerits: 2 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Mine Gold, Hire Monster | Monsters: Goblin, Witch, Slime, Slime, Golem

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 2 ROUND 3 CONT.

Adventurers line up in the order Istvun, Broken Loose, Tekopo, burger time.

YEAR 3 ROUND 4

Istvun is now the first player!
The event this round is Pay Day.

Two rooms are drawn: Cafeteria, Antimagic.
Three monsters are drawn: Troll, Goblin, Dragon.

All players, for the last time, please PM me your actions!

Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 6 | Food: 4 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Gather Food | Monsters: Demon, Vampire
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 8+1 | Food: 3 | Gold: 3 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Improve Reputation / Mine Gold | Monsters: Troll, Slime, Golem
Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 6 | Food: 2 | Gold: 3 | Demerits: 2 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Mine Gold, Hire Monster | Monsters: Goblin, Witch, Slime, Slime, Golem
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 6+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 3 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Build Room | Monsters: Troll, Demon, Dragon

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I got to play this tonight. I forgot that I really, really suck at it.

Just waiting on burger time I think?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 2 ROUND 4: CARD REVEAL

Istvun reveals Dig Tunnels, Build Rooms, Hire Monsters.
Broken Loose reveals Buy Traps, Hire Monster, Gather Food.
Tekopo reveals Dig Tunnels, Gather Food, Buy Room.
burger time reveals Gather Food, Dig Tunnels, Improve Reputation.

All players, please confirm your actions. Remember that rooms may now be used twice, if you have the Imps.

Istvun (Blue)
Broken Loose (Red)
Tekopo (Green)
burger time (Yellow)

Stelas fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jan 20, 2016

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Get all actions, dig with 3 imps (to the left of the current room, then one down from there, then one down from there, get anti-magic room and place it immediately right of the entrance, use 3 imps to get one gold.

Pay 4 food, gain one evil, pay 1 gold and discard remaining trap for payday.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
This is all assuming that everyone before I dig tunnels wants to use their spaces, if that's not the case, lemme know and I'll re-work things.

Dig two tunnels east of my captured room. Hire a Troll and build the Cafeteria in the upper-right corner of my dungeon.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Istvun posted:

This is all assuming that everyone before I dig tunnels wants to use their spaces, if that's not the case, lemme know and I'll re-work things.

Dig two tunnels east of my captured room. Hire a Troll and build the Cafeteria in the upper-right corner of my dungeon.

Bingo.

Get food.
Purchase trap.
Hire Dragon.

This might get out of control.

Still waiting for my trap choices.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I was hoping you wouldn't want the paladin, but I still probably am fine. But the only way I could guarantee the priest without throwing away a monster would have given up the cafeteria and I'm greedy.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Istvun posted:

I was hoping you wouldn't want the paladin, but I still probably am fine. But the only way I could guarantee the priest without throwing away a monster would have given up the cafeteria and I'm greedy.

Yeah, the Paladin means I might have to change my "don't lose any more tiles" plan, but I think I might be able to handle it.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I think I get the paladin first, but if you get it id be happy.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

burger time posted:

I think I get the paladin first, but if you get it id be happy.

I get it, but then you take it away from me. The problem is that I might get him back from you.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Broken Loose posted:

I get it, but then you take it away from me. The problem is that I might get him back from you.

Does he? My math (and the unintuitive part of the paladin rules) says you keep it, unless I've got something wrong.

Bloose starts at Evil -1. During the action phase, he gains 2 evil from the food and 2 evil from the dragon, putting him at +3.
Burger starts at Evil +3. During the action phase, he loses 1 evil from Improve Reputation, going to +2.

Come payday, Bloose will gain 2 evil from his dragon, going to Evil +5 and aggroing the Paladin. Then Burger gains 3 evil from Dragon and Demon and goes to +5, tying BL.

By the position of Start Player, Burger is more evil on tiebreaker, and will take the Max Level Fighter. However, according to page 17, rightmost column, he won't draw the Paladin from Bloose. The Paladin only moves if "that player’s Evil Counter is higher than the Evil Counter of the player who currently has the paladin. (It must be higher. Being on the same space is not evil enough.)" He doesn't care about the turn-order tiebreaker.

So since Bloose aggros first, and Burger doesn't aggro HARDER, Bloose finders-keepers the Paladin.

Did I miss an evil gain/loss somewhere?

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 20, 2016

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Gutter Owl posted:

I did. I missed his Reputation action.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

Sort of. By my understanding, combat is done player by player and the paladin moves immediately if someone is more evil than the current player - doesn't this mean that if Bloose loses a room, the Evil penalty will kick in and the paladin will move to burger?

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Also, I'd like to look at the first card before I decide the rest of my round.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Stelas posted:

Sort of. By my understanding, combat is done player by player and the paladin moves immediately if someone is more evil than the current player - doesn't this mean that if Bloose loses a room, the Evil penalty will kick in and the paladin will move to burger?
Yep, that's right. But Bloose will have a chance to gank the paladin first.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Broken Loose posted:

No, burger time never takes the paladin away. He(?)'ll only equal you on the evilometer, so for at least the first round you'll have to deal with him.

unless BLoose uses his slime, in which case he'll be stuck with it for longer.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Istvun posted:

No, burger time never takes the paladin away. He(?)'ll only equal you on the evilometer, so for at least the first round you'll have to deal with him.

Broken Loose posted:

I missed his Reputation action.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Yeah, saw that after. quick, get the troll instead :v:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
This is going to be rough but doable. I still have to wait on my trap choices before I pick production options, though.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

BL's trap choices, and burger's first turn combat card, are up on their sheets.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Trap selected.

Activate Chicken Coop twice.
Send the Troll and an Imp together into the Magic Room with a Romantic Meal.

Payday. Feed Troll, Slime, and Dragon. Gain the Paladin. Feed the Golem 1 Gold and the Trap Door. Gain the Wizard. loving hell, there goes my entire plan.

Vacate the dungeon and prepare for battle.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 21, 2016

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I never considered that I'd get the Paladin but not the highest level adventurer, despite those happening somewhat simultaneously. I have no idea how I'm going to do this.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Waiting on b_t to get this show on the road!

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

get food, see card, dig 4 tunnels to the right of pandemonium, use the tunnel room to dig one more tunnel, demon eats the troll, feed dragon.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Sorry, I had a rather busy weekend sorting out a few things. Almost ready to go, I still need to know a couple of things:

a) What Istvun intends to do re: payday
b) BL's trap choice, since Steam's message log is woefully, woefully small and only about 20 lines?

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think I determined that the troll is slightly better than the vampire so I'll feed the vamp to the demon.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Okay, I'll just have BL remind me of his trap choice prior to decision.

YEAR 2 ROUND 4: CONT

Istvun digs tunnels, purchases a troll, and receives a cafeteria for free, then pays the Demon and Troll's pay.
Broken Loose harvests a ton of food, purchases a trap, and buys a dragon. Beautiful music plays and net 1 Food and an Imp are generated. 5 Food, 1 Gold, 1 Trap and 2 Evil pay for the Troll, Slime, Golem and Dragon. The Paladin is in play!
Tekopo harvests, digs tunnels, and purchases an Anti-Magic room. One gold is produced. 4 Food, 1 Evil, 1 Gold and 1 Trap pay for the cadre of monsters.
burger time harvests, checks out a combat card, and digs a whole mess of tunnels. 3 Evil, 2 Food and a Troll pay for the monsters.

Adventurers line up in the order Istvun, Tekopo, Broken Loose, burger time.

The adventurers are attacking!

YEAR 2 COMBAT, ROUND 1

Everyone, please nominate where you're fighting, and what monsters and traps you're placing. BL, please reconfirm which trap you're keeping.

Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 6 | Food: 0 | Gold: 0 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Gather Food | Monsters: Demon, Troll
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 9+1 | Food: 0 | Gold: 2 | Demerits: 1 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Improve Reputation / Mine Gold | Monsters: Troll, Slime, Golem, Dragon
Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 6 | Food: 1 | Gold: 3 | Demerits: 2 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Mine Gold, Hire Monster | Monsters: Goblin, Witch, Slime, Slime, Golem
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 6+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 1 | Demerits: 0 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 3 | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Build Room | Monsters: Demon, Dragon

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm discarding the Kamikaze Imp and keeping the other one.

Adventuring party will begin conquering from the tunnel at A4. I ready no monsters and load no traps.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Barring exceptional circumstances, burger time therefore needs to bear in mind he is going to have a paladin drop in on him between BL's turn and his.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Yea I am aware but don't totally understand the timing. Does it still happen if I also get a tile conquered? Will the paladin be there at the start of my first turn?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

So the idea here is that Broken Loose goes ahead of you, and combat still takes place in turn order. The Paladin immediately moves in response to the Evilometer regardless of what phase you're in. So what happens is:

- BL goes first.
- BL loses a corridor and goes down 1 level on the Evilometer.
- Since you're suddenly higher on evil than he is, the Paladin immediately moves over to you before your first turn.
- If you don't lose a tile, you keep the Paladin.
- If you do lose a tile, you go down 1 level on the Evilometer and draw with BL... but the Paladin only moves if someone is higher than you, so you keep the Paladin.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Additionally, if we were below the Paladin line when this were occuring, I'd keep the Paladin. You're at or above the Paladin line when I drop, so you inherit him from me.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Broken Loose posted:

Additionally, if we were below the Paladin line when this were occuring, I'd keep the Paladin. You're at or above the Paladin line when I drop, so you inherit him from me.

Are you sure? I can't look up the rules at the moment but I thought the Paladin line just determined if he got off his rear end. Once he's out I thought he just moved to the highest evil player regardless of line or not.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Stelas posted:

Are you sure? I can't look up the rules at the moment but I thought the Paladin line just determined if he got off his rear end. Once he's out I thought he just moved to the highest evil player regardless of line or not.

quote:

-That player’s Evil Counter is at or above the paladin space.
-That player’s Evil Counter is higher than the Evil Counter
of the player who currently has the paladin. (It must be
higher. Being on the same space is not evil enough.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Whoops, fair enough.

That's a bit weird, I guess? "Yeah, that guy's more evil than this guy, but not enough for me to worry. I'll keep persecuting this guy."

• Locked thread