Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
and would it be yellow?

I've got a dozen bananas primed and ready for this experiment but I want to get a rough estimate before I decide if I should go forth with this or not.

I typically produce floaters, meaning my poo density is somewhat less than 1g/cm^3. According to google and wolfram alpha, an average banana weighs 4.2oz, so 12 bananas weigh about 3.15 pounds or 1429 grams. Let's just assume that my poo has a density of around .9g/cm^3, that translates to a volume of roughly 1588ml, or about 1.6L, not figuring in blood and gut fauna that will inevitably come with the poo.

I am having trouble finding reliable numbers on food consumed vs. poo produced, however. They seem to vary wildly from any given source, and this is probably the biggest key factor to determine if I will be able to flush my toilet or not.

Can anybody help before I put myself and my bathroom at risk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If I were you I would film everything involved with this, youtubers will love it!

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Sometimes you just have to blaze your own trails for the betterment of mankind.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

It'll be just one long one.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

1.5 L of diarrhea.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This will be you on the toilet, hahaha.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

we're looking at at least a yard, OP

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
what if you shoved them up your butt

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Broenheim posted:

what if you shoved them up your butt

interorectogestion?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It would be about the size of Bono.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
This really has to do more with elasticity of the anus than dietary fibour.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
That's a lot of radiation OP. Your poop will be glowing green because of the activity.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Hollis Brown posted:

That's a lot of radiation OP. Your poop will be glowing green because of the activity.

Yeah I haven't found any naners in game, but I know other kinds of produce give something like +10 hp and +3 rads.

Miss Areola Canasta
Oct 14, 2007

"You lookin' at me?"
I'd imagine you'd get a terrible stomachache and it'd all come raining out in several bouts of diarrhea. Hard to measure that.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Most of a nanner is water and how much you poo poo out mostly depends on how long you wait before you poo poo because your rear end is good at sucking back in water, that's what it was made for, especially your rear end op, it's the thirstiest rear end on these forums I reckon

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Nanas bind you up something fierce so I imagine it would be a large heavy turd that takes 20mins to pass and gives you terrible hemorrhoids. I say go for it!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Bananas are radioactive. They are ok in small doses but if you eat twelve at one time your hair will probably fail out.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Your poo would be the same as eating five footlongs from subway.

Eat Fresh.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
As big as one banana

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

OctoberBlues posted:

This will be you on the toilet, hahaha.

not to be racist or anything but thats an unusually civilized gibbon.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If you want to be really scientific you should poop into a container so that you can weigh it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you would die of radiation poisoning, OP

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

Most of a nanner is water and how much you poo poo out mostly depends on how long you wait before you poo poo because your rear end is good at sucking back in water, that's what it was made for, especially your rear end op, it's the thirstiest rear end on these forums I reckon

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Fiend posted:

This really has to do more with elasticity of the anus than dietary fibour.
So when my shits are the size of someone's arm, it's mostly due to a flexible butthole?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
if you eat a dozen bananas your poop would be the size of a dozen bananas, this isn't hard

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
It pretty much stays the same shape

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
bear in mind that roughly half the mass of a standard poop is made up of bacteria from the gut. Also, you are neglecting to consider the mass of nutrients that you will be absorbing.

Plus the radiation will kill you or the amount of fiber will cause your colon to explode.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

genesplicer posted:

bear in mind that roughly half the mass of a standard poop is made up of bacteria from the gut. Also, you are neglecting to consider the mass of nutrients that you will be absorbing.

Plus the radiation will kill you or the amount of fiber will cause your colon to explode.

Completely Off topic.

Love the new av

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

small

cuz ur a bicth

The Bible
May 8, 2010

genesplicer posted:

Ignore this and eat the bananas. Science carries inherent risks and the greatest scientists never let that stop them.

You might go down in history next to names like Curie, Slotin, Bogdanov, or Ascheim.

Jesus Christ, eat the bananas.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 8, 2015

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Isnt there some weird disease going on right now with the commercial banana crop? What I'm saying is, the clock may be ticking for your experiment op and you'd die wondering. God forbid you'd try this with plantains. Those are false bananas.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

What if your poop had a peel wouldnt hat be crazsy

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

This is what is known as making GBS threads 'a bunch.'

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Android Bicyclist posted:

If you want to be really scientific you should poop into a container so that you can weigh it.

They can just weigh themselves before and after

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Did you eat the naners yet?

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

ChrisHansen posted:

Did you eat the naners yet?

Unfortunately no, I've eaten about a kilogram of string cheese today so there is no way I can eat a dozen bananas. I will possibly try tomorrow, though.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
You'll never poop again. Bananas bind you up.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Android Bicyclist posted:

And by container, he means his mouth.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

FatCow posted:

You'll never poop again. Bananas bind you up.

Not true, bananas are designed to race through your colon, like a bobsled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Jesus Christ posted:

Unfortunately no, I've eaten about a kilogram of string cheese today so there is no way I can eat a dozen bananas. I will possibly try tomorrow, though.

Seems to me the thread should have asked the question of how big your poop would be if you ate a kilogram of cheese.

• Locked thread