Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL* GBS STICKY THREAD SUGGESTION BOX

HOW IT WORKS:

1. You've got your eye on a thread and it has POTENTIAL to make it to the big leagues....so what do you do? you POST IN THIS THREAD, suggesting that the thread be stickied (this thread is like a suggestion box except it is open to the public so maybe its more of a "public bulletin board"

2. Sometimes I read this thread and if I see a suggestion that looks good or that a bunch of people are agreeing with I STICKY that thread!

3. Give the thread a few day to "ripen" (this is called the ripening stage)

4. If the thread MAKES GOLD.... then the OP gets a prize or something I don't know and the thread gets GOLDMINED!

5. If the thread DOES NOT GO GOLD by the predetermined TIME LIMIT..... then the OP is harshly punished.

SO get out there and make some GREAT THREADS!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

RULES AND WARNINGS!

You can't nominate your own thread.

Please keep joke nominations to a minimum I guess.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Please bookmark this post on your WebTV for future reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

I'll keep track of sticked threads here.

----------------------------------------------:-)-------------------------------------------

IN THE MEAT GRINDER

draw a droid in a pool

DEADLINE: JAN 5th 19:45 GMT

draw a plane and i will make it in SImplePlanes

DEALIME: JAN 5th 22:30 GMT

GOLDMIND!

MSPAINT Superheros
Pasta Sauce - A miracle worker requested

Fancy cheese thread
---

GASSED

Three wishes ----GASSED!---

a star war betamax fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 4, 2016

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

sticky this thread, op

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Sticky the Middle class thread because I think we can solve it as goons. If it was stickied and we all stuck together with a single plan and took over the world we can solve anything in my opinion.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Also it's the holidays and I think you should be nice and sticky threads that people don't expect to make their holiday.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

please sticky this thread, OP

i feel it would be good for GBS culture

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
imho when threads are stickied, reply and view counts go down because they're easier to ingore when they're stuck to the top. This is a problem that affects all message boards with the same format as SA. As such stickying should be reserved for rules, announcements, or maybe a funny jok every now and then

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Roy posted:

imho when threads are stickied, reply and view counts go down because they're easier to ingore when they're stuck to the top. This is a problem that affects all message boards with the same format as SA. As such stickying should be reserved for rules, announcements, or maybe a funny jok every now and then

Roy, I agree. I tune out the ones at the top

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

sticky all the threads so that none shall ever move anywhere

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Your mom's box is sticky, op

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Can someone make a thread about how the forums need the ability to goldmine individual posts, and then you can sticky that thread? I really feel like that's a necessary feature the forums should have and stickying it will give it a lot of much-needed publicity.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Can someone make a thread about how the forums need the ability to goldmine individual posts, and then you can sticky that thread? I really feel like that's a necessary feature the forums should have and stickying it will give it a lot of much-needed publicity.

THat is actually a great idea but why dont you go to hell instead ?

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Poetic Justice posted:

THat is actually a great idea but why dont you go to hell instead ?

If we had the ability to goldmine individual posts I feel like this wouldn't be one I would consider voting for.

e: I mean yours, however this one is pretty bad as well.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

If we had the ability to goldmine individual posts I feel like this wouldn't be one I would consider voting for.

e: I mean yours, however this one is pretty bad as well.

I understand what you are saying here, I just might not agree with it

edit: I mean yours, not mine, although mine is bad as well. Keep the jokes to a minimum, it says so in the OP.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
voted 1. stop sniffing dicks already or you know what's gonna happen, dawg

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Great suggestions so far boys

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
re-open and sticky this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723305 or jst gold mine it please

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Nooner posted:

re-open and sticky this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723305 or jst gold mine it please

done. ill gold mind it here in a bit.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
you are the best mod ever thank you

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
sticky this here fancy cheese thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3755461 as a casual cheese fan it's just right!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

sticky this here fancy cheese thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3755461 as a casual cheese fan it's just right!

Ok..... it is stickied. I GIVE IT 24 HOURS TO MAKE GOLD......... or else!

the clock is ticking cheese enthusiasts

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

you are the best mod ever thank you

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
every second tuesday of the month should be nudesday and we should be allowed to let our cocks and balls fly free without prejudice

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Whatssss isss my prizessss precious?

(Good idea!)

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

King of Bees posted:

Whatssss isss my prizessss precious?

(Good idea!)

It is...on its way

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
The homeless goon who shat blood and gave up his cats deserves a place among the greats, but it is an ongoing story so it should be goldmined when it reaches it's conclusion. That, or it's going to be serial season three.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gambling hardcore here, but I think the Three Wishes thread has something to it.

Way too early to tell, but I have a feeling.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Sticky this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3755616

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wait the OP of a nominated thread that does NOT go gold gets punished or the person that nominated the sticky?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Jastiger posted:

Wait the OP of a nominated thread that does NOT go gold gets punished or the person that nominated the sticky?

Everyone is made to suffer..................

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
i was cheated out of victory by the gassing

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Shinjobi posted:

I'm gambling hardcore here, but I think the Three Wishes thread has something to it.

Way too early to tell, but I have a feeling.

Ok Shinobi..... out of respect for that one time you called me when i possted my phone number in byob and we talked for a while..... ill toss this thread into the MEAT GRINDER

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We should help Jukeboxblues become the king of crime. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3755807

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Thanks swbm! 👌🐝

How about (starting with next time) if a poster wins the challenge they can pick, or at least heavily influence, the next thread selection? Or will goons just take that too far and ruin everything out of spite, nastiness, poor self esteem and vindictiveness?

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

sticky this dick betamax!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Vorik posted:

sticky this dick betamax!

:eyepop: you cant talk to ASWBM that way!! :eyepop:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax