Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Ork of Fiction posted:

Solar farms are a waste of time and capital.

A better solution would be to kill every human and farm animal living in North Carolina, thereby eliminating the demand.

Kill them all and fill the lands with solar farms to provide power to other more worthy states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

There are more deaths related to solar power than nuclear power.

rooftop solar installation has a higher fatality rate than uranium mining

however, industrial scale solar has a nonexistant or near-nonexistant death count, which is what this thing would've been

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Microwaves Mom posted:

Kill them all and fill the lands with solar farms to provide power to other more worthy states.

all of the states around north carolina are even less worthy, which is the sad part

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
the sun is soon out of energy.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Well, the sun can cause cancer

Better safe than sorry, especially given how expensive medical care is in the US

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Lodin posted:

What the locals think a solar farm looks like:

Came here to post this.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
We need President Trump, because he can communicate with these people and help explain to them how suns give him his luster. If Bernie Sanders tried to talk to Carolina people they would just complain about the buzzing and then hose him down with Jew repellant. Nothing would change.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Ork of Fiction posted:

We need President Trump, because he can communicate with these people and help explain to them how suns give him his luster. If Bernie Sanders tried to talk to Carolina people they would just complain about the buzzing and then hose him down with Jew repellant. Nothing would change.

Can you share the formula for Jew repellent?

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

For NC only college triangle and also Asheville are good.

Lol no even that area is full of hillbillies

Source: I've been there.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Cleanse North Carolina in fire, replace every last inch with solar panels. Provide energy for the entire world, paid for, in blood, but the morbidly retarded.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fat Jesus posted:

maybe the real reason they dint like it was its a waste of money with all that wonderful cheap coal and gas available

Coal and gas will live forever.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

BigBoss posted:

Lol no even that area is full of hillbillies

Source: I've been there.

Clearly you haven't, because those places are in fact cool and good.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Considering solar plants steal sun rays and harvest them for use by Yankees I agree

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lodin posted:

They are kinda like that really tho

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Town hall meetings are really just open mics for crazy people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_-HgRfGBY

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
they need that land to cultivate cotton

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
that said

Illavick posted:

I'm calling bullshit. This has to be some sort of twisted or spun story or something. It has to be.

It loving has to be.

It..

It has to be.

:psyduck:

obviously; huffpo likely just cherry-picked the looniest comments from the meeting and ran with it as the headline

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've been to a town meeting or three and again I say, lmao if there's even one person there being that whacko.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

The Whole Internet posted:

Clearly you haven't, because those places are in fact cool and good.

Asheville, Boone and Raleigh good.

Durham and Chapel hill good with pockets of assholes.

Rest of NC bad.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Jastiger posted:

I bet these people vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northampton_County,_North_Carolina

quote:

It is a traditionally Democratic county and was one of only two counties in the state won by George McGovern.[11] The last Democratic candidate to lose the county was William Jennings Bryan in 1896.[12] In the last five Presidential elections the Democratic candidate has consistently received over 63% of the county's vote.[13]

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

They vote for the party that guarantees them welfare

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

EugeneJ posted:

They vote for the party that guarantees them welfare

quote:

As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 22,099 people residing in the county. 58.4% were Black or African American, 39.2% White, 0.5% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 0.8% of some other race and 1.0% of two or more races. 1.4% were Hispanic or Latino (of any race).

checks out

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Lodin posted:

Just move a big rear end solar power satellite over Carolina to produce power.

What's your problem down there? It's not in Carolina :smug:

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
The sun is plum give out.

Time to go back to coal fires.

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Just cover Charlotte in solar panels there is nothing worthwhile there anyway.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Lodin posted:

It's ok, it only takes a baby with a gun to fix things

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Remember that the OxyContin King Rush Limbaugh actually said he wondered if solar panels were keeping the sun from the Earth like 2 weeks back.

(AM Radio is a great way to wake up. The sooner I wake the gently caress up the sooner the rear end in a top hat man stops saying bullshit. Like yesterday where he said compromise is bad and the Democrats MUST BE UTTERLY DEFEATED and anything else is bad n poo poo. Lots of people believe that douchebag. And there are way nuttier assholes on the radio than him.)

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

this wouldn't be a problem for them if they were clever like me and made sure to live somewhere that doesn't have sunlight

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rolo posted:

Asheville, Boone and Raleigh good.

Durham and Chapel hill good with pockets of assholes.

Rest of NC bad.

yeah, this is fairly close

i'd even say greensboro is alright

the rest... meh... haven't been to charlotte in several years and i heard it has things now, but i'll remain skeptical until i see for myself. charlotte is possibly the most characterless major city on the planet. feels more like a computer generated city in simcity than a real place on earth. it's very offputting.

rural NC is basically no different from rural Mississippi

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
boone sucks don't believe their trustafarian lies

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
I hear the meth there is pretty good

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

satanic splash-back posted:

Can you share the formula for Jew repellent?

Poverty, and palestinian children.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
jews have to be within 200 miles of water at all times. just live further away from the ocean than that and you're home clear

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I for one am glad they went full retard about the farm. Its a huge waste of land and an inefficient method of generating power.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Cantaloupe posted:

I did the math you guys, the science checks out

Cantaloupe is a steely-eyed missile man.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
It pissed off a bunch of goons I hate, so while I disagree, I do approve.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Captain Rufus posted:

Remember that the OxyContin King Rush Limbaugh actually said he wondered if solar panels were keeping the sun from the Earth like 2 weeks back.

(AM Radio is a great way to wake up. The sooner I wake the gently caress up the sooner the rear end in a top hat man stops saying bullshit. Like yesterday where he said compromise is bad and the Democrats MUST BE UTTERLY DEFEATED and anything else is bad n poo poo. Lots of people believe that douchebag. And there are way nuttier assholes on the radio than him.)

Um, isn't rush Limbaugh on in the afternoon?

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

BigBoss posted:

Haha Rufus' unemployed rear end just got run.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

BigBoss posted:

He's on 12-3 for me. Also the other day he was talking about how he thinks Luke is going to be the bad guy in the new film and then talked about how jessica jones was so grim and how that is a reflection of the millenials outlook because they make up too many problems that don't exist for themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Hector Beerlioz posted:

There are more deaths related to solar power than nuclear power.

Not to mention Nuclear Power has inspired vast amounts of awesome sci-fi and monster movies.

• Locked thread