Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"I fear and mistrust the solar panels."

- a retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

4outof5 posted:

sigh... http://www.snopes.com/north-carolina-town-rejects-solar-panels/

It was rejected because solar farms are ugly as gently caress and bring down property values and having industrial zones near residential/agricultural zones brings down property values. Lets wave our arms around like retards and pretend we're smart because two morons got quoted in a news story that really had nothing to do with them other than they where loud mouths at said meeting.

I'm pretty sure if even one or two people at your town hall meeting say they mistrust solar panels and are worried about cancer and the thieving of sunlight, that taints your town pretty hard.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've been to a town meeting or three and again I say, lmao if there's even one person there being that whacko.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

Basically a single quack says crazy poo poo at a town meeting. The council straight up tells him he is wrong, but rejects the solar panels on completely unrelated grounds. HuffPo publishes article titles "Solar Farm Rejected Amid Fears It Will 'Suck Up The Sun's Energy'" which isn't technically a lie because they don't straight up say the rejection is related to the fear of the lone crazy person. LOL, gently caress HuffPo and anyone else running with this bullshit.

gently caress you dilweed, even one quack talking about solar panels stealing the sun means your town is an idiot town

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

Never been to a town hall meeting I see. Maybe you should participate more in local politics.

I've been to 3 and they were all fine :colbert:

maybe live somewhere better

• Locked thread