Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/solar-farm-suck-up-the-sun_566e9aeee4b0e292150e5d66

quote:

A town council in North Carolina rejected plans to rezone land for a solar farm after residents voiced fears it would cause cancer, stop plants from growing and suck up all the energy from the sun.

:bravo: idiots.

I know "this is what's wrong with America" gets thrown around a lot, but this is literally what's wrong with America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Snatch Duster posted:

op you telling me you are pro cancer?

Not as much as I'm anti plant and also pro darkness.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Fitzy Fitz posted:

They didn't reject it because of that one crazy lady's opinion. That's just the most sensational part of the story the media's been able to find.

Good. I hope this prompts the rest of the nation to shame their poo poo town.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jastiger posted:

I bet these people vote.

Who do you think is boosting Trump's poll numbers?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

EngineerSean posted:

Put a Dyson sphere around the sun, that'll show 'em

*Diameter of Dyson Sphere encompasses Earth's Orbit*

"D'oh!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

gently caress you dilweed, even one quack talking about solar panels stealing the sun means your town is an idiot town

Agreed with the caveat that if that person is booed and shamed out of the town hall by the rest of the constituents then the town is redeemed.

• Locked thread