Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I'm interested. I think I have a good grasp on Atomic Robo now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you might want to change that number: Vault 42

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Everything is so slow in the wasteland. You've seen the roads, right? Blasted, broken things. Just big chunks of rock broken into slabs jutting out all over the place. You never get a chance to let loose. Aren't any horses around any more. The only things strong enough to thrive in the radstorms are the big tough slow ones like brahmin. But I tell you, I get to go fast. I get to scream by at a hundred miles an hour and see things nobody ever saw. You know what Houston looks like? With all the craters, it looks like like the face of the moon. I mean, almost exactly like it, only black and burnt.

See, I like birds. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to see some. But there aren't many left. Some weird sea birds by the coast and a few scavengers. Ugly little black things, them. But the more I read about them in dad's old books the more I wanted to fly with them. I got the idea when I was 8. Saw some big machine just float through the sky one day. It was open and I could see people in it. This was one of the old transport machines. They must have fixed it up and made it run. Hell, if they could do it, so could I! I started scavenging anything I could to trade for more books. When I was old enough I went into the old library and found more. Lots of trial and error, I'll tell you that much for free. More bartering for tools and more than a few trips to the doc for stitches. It wasn't until I was 19 that I could actually take him up and hope to come down safe again.

That first time was incredible. It's impossible to explain. It was something that was... me. I knew I had found what I was meant for. I must have used half the fusion core before I even set foot back on the ground. That brought me down. Cores cost. A lot. All the good scrap had gone into building Gordon in the first place. I think it was Dennis who told me about Dr Marcus' little problem. Well, little to him, but kind of a huge problem to the Broken Arrow tribe. See, Doc's wife was part of the tribe and she was pretty drat sick. She'd been living out our way for a while but had to return for obligations. I didn't ask. But she was real sick. Doc'd been keeping her going with his know-how so with her gone he couldn't help anymore. She needed to get her meds ASAP. Then it hit me. I can get there. And I can get there fast.

Turns out, that little job earned me a lot of respect. Wasn't long before everyone started asking me to bring something somewhere, or go bring something back. Can't do anything too big, but I can get some decent packages to where they need to be. Problem is, some people don't like that I won't work for them. You get a lot of gangers trying to run chems or some faction sending guns to another. Guns is no problem, it's who they're gonna be used on that makes me a little queasy. I politely decline, but sometimes they get a bit... offended by my refusal. More than once I've had to hop on Gordon and hightail it skyward before the bullets start flying. And then of course you've got people upset when a package didn't make it. Sorry, but I have my own troubles. Call it the cost of doing business, but sometimes things just go wrong. They can never accept it.

quote:

Gael Skyclad (she doesn't know it means "naked")

Concept aspect: Air (Fe)Mail (Invoke for good will from wastelanders, compel for ill will out of jealousy/greed/etc)
Action aspect: Ride of the Valkyrie (Invoke for flight- or sky-related stuff, compel for vehicle-related difficulties)
Banter aspect: Cores and Caps (invoke to get leads on fuel sources or paying jobs, compel for trouble finding either)
Intrigue aspect: Any Port in a Storm (invoke for safe havens to land/hide out, compel for old obligations at a location to catch up to her)
Omega aspect: Lure of the Expanse (invoke for knowledge about distant lands, compel for wanderlust/get distracted)

MODES
Action +3 Athletics, Combat, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Vehicles
Banter +2 Contacts, Deceive, Empathy, Provoke, Rapport, Will
Intrigue +1 Athletics, Burglary, Contacts, Deceive, Notice, Stealth

SKILLS

+5 - Vehicles
+4 - Athletics, Notice, Provoke
+3 - Combat, Contacts, Deceive, Physique, Will
+2 - Empathy, Rapport
+1 - Burglary, Stealth

E-Z NO-MATH VAULT-TEC SKILL IMPROVEMENT UPGRADE CHOICES: Focused Vehicles, Specialized Vehicles, Focused Will

STUNTS:

- Gordon - Fusion-powered gyrocopter
- Function: Up in the Air - One-person ("two if we ditch the seats!") personal flying machine.
- Flaw: Wing and a Prayer - As a homemade device, prone to developing... quirks. Usually at high speed and altitude.
- Nobody Ever Looks Up - +2 Stealth when flying
- DAKKADAKKADAKKA!!! - +1 ranged damage, full auto
- This One Goes There, That One Goes There! - +1 to Vehicles for emergency maintenance.

Never did this before, so I'm hoping I got it right.

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 17, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I'm still interested. I never got a question, though I still need to do a basic background :s

And find out if I screwed anything up.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Dareon posted:

Gael Skyclad, you're not the only thing up there. Had any serious run-ins with vertibirds? UFOs? High-altitude Eyebots? Or, unlikely as it may be... actual birds?

Never seen another vertibird since I was a kid. I guess we keep missing each other. The sky's a big place, after all. I've seen UFOs, but I'm guessing it's more likely unidentified falling object. Probably an old satellite finally giving up the ghost. Eyebots are a problem. If they go loopy they can just start wandering around, and sometimes they keep the same altitude while they do. Can be a real surprise to find one broadcasting information from Denver out here in the Dust. Need to pull evasive maneuvers quick. Gordon's held together by spit and bubblegum sometimes. I'd never survive.

As for birds, there are some out west. I've seen them circling to gain altitude but always waaaaay out in the distance. Never been that far out yet. Want to, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I'm still in.

• Locked thread