Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Wafflecopper posted:

Sean Bean is too old to play "young" Ned you see.
It would take a lot of movie magic to make look like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I think Cogman said he scripted Jaime and Bronn's rescue attempt to happen at night, but they weren't allowed to film at night, so it became this nonsensical failed daytime attack.
Yeah, this makes no sense when "night" scenes are shot during the day all the time.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

So uh did Jaime et al just happen to have a coffin on board that ship from Dorne. Or did they stop off along the way to requisition one and didn't bother sending a raven or anything.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

a cop posted:

That, or they paid the whores off in advance and told them to return his money to boost his confidence.
I remember when that first aired I was 100% positive that it was some sort of intrigue to try and turn Pod informer or something, because I argued it was just too weird and stupid to make him a sex god for no reason. Welp,

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Lol it just occurred to me that the thousand year rule of House Martell was exterminated by a few pissed off women in an afternoon. Tywin wasn't poo poo

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Also lmao at whip sandsnake squaring off with Trystane standing like 3 feet from him. What exactly was your plan when he lunged at you with his rapier, since you apparently didn't expect spear sandsnake to kill him from behind like a bitch

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Zombies' Downfall posted:

imo this is a correct interpretation; tywin was a lousy dad, a lousy commander, and a lousy ruler
I was more referring to his reputation from exterminating the Reynes, with the accompanying song everyone likes to play. And that was just some rando minor house no one gave a poo poo about, not one of the great houses of Westeros, which is now extinct due to bad pussy et al.

Linguica fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 25, 2016

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Pretty callous of D&D to try and upstage everyone by killing off TWO princes this week

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

LegalPad posted:

The trailer shows northerners fighting a solider in a Targaryen breastplate. Very likely.

God the show has really given up on having actual medieval-style suits of armor, hasn't it.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Loras was arrested because his squire - the guy who, you know, dresses him - claimed he was banging him, and as his sole proof, said he was able to describe the shape of one of his birthmarks.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

No, the squire WAS the pimp viceroy at Littlefinger's whorehouse, while also moonlighting as Loras's squire (as a well-placed sleeper agent), which no one apparently noticed or cared to mention to Loras.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

If it's true then I'm glad to see the "kill your superiors and no one cares because I guess you consolidated power offscreen" trope is alive and well for the second episode in a row!!

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

"We had an assistant named Dave Hill," said Benioff and Weiss. "One day last summer he walked into our office and said, 'You know that guy (Roose Bolton) who has been established to be the scariest and craftiest guy in the North? The one who openly betrayed and murdered Robb Stark and then married Sansa to his murderous kid, and who constantly switches allegiances to gain advantage and consolidate his power?' 'Yeah?' 'Well,' said Dave, 'doesn't it make sense that he would be let himself be stabbed like a bitch by his psychopathic son, who would then go on to kill his wife and newborn son, and no one would mind all this kinslaying, because Ramsay can get away with anything and no one cares?' You're right,' we said. 'That does make sense.' This year, Dave Hill is a writer on the show."

Linguica fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 30, 2016

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Beeez posted:

Book Roose literally has a body double greet Ramsay at Moat Cailin just to see if he'll try to kill Roose.
What? It's been a while, but I thought that was because he was afraid of a crannogman picking him off with a poisoned arrow, so he went incognito.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

lol did they redesign the children of the forest

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

SO CLOSE to killing olly. SO CLOSE

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

hahaah the great sept was secretly filled with a million faith militant just hiding behind the columns and poo poo hahahahaha

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Groovelord Neato posted:

does this show actually have writers.
funny story about the one for this episode, actually,

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Brock Samson posted:

Dave "lets have the dogs eat the newborn" Hill
That does make sense.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

HAHAHAH BALON GLOATING ABOUT WINNING THE WAR OF THE FIVE KINGS OH MY GOD

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

13Pandora13 posted:

Watching the post show commentary. "We didn't want to do flashbacks because it's the hallmark of lazy storytelling." :allears:
No see it's totally different because they say it's not a flashback

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

blah blah dave hill you know the book character Arthur Dayne, who is referred to as the Sword of the Morning because he has a really famous and ancient sword? Well, wouldn't it make sense he fights with TWO swords now blah blah writer on show

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Haha I didn't really register that Brienne neglects to tell Sansa that she saw Arya with Sandor loving Clegane and instead just sort of mumbles that she saw him with "a man." (Not to mention the part where Brienne, you know, mortally wounded Sandor thereby leaving Arya all alone.) I really hope theyre not doing that terrible lazy pointlessly-withheld-information thing where a few episodes from now Brienne casually mentions Sandor and Sansa is like "wait wtf why didnt you say that before now" oh who am I kidding that's probably exactly what will happen.

Linguica fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 2, 2016

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Davos really missed his true calling as a motivational speaker.

* convinced Stannis to turn his attention north to fight the white walkers
* convinced the iron bank to finance the mission because stannis is such a mannis
* convinced Mel to raise the dead because darn it I know you can do it if you try
* probably other occasions

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Hopefully just before Olly dies he makes eye contact with Jon and Jon gives a little nod

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

So basically the Dany / Meereen / KL / Arya plotlines are all "nothing happens."

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Why are the dosh khaleen speaking what sounds like ghiscari with all the X's and poo poo

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Qyburn referring to Robert Strong as "Ser Gregor" BWUUHHHHHH??? DID ANYONE KNOW THIS???

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Hahaha what the gently caress why would Pycelle be prevaricating about whether the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard had a position on the small council when loving Barristan was in council meetings in season 1 of this very show

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Uh, are they lampshading that Arya's "list" has grown shorter? It used to have way more people on it, even in the show.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

NOOO SHAGGYDOG

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Darko posted:

Jon wanted them to die slow as opposed to breaking their necks, apparently.
Jon Snow beheads people, Zombie Jon lets them suffer

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

http://i.imgur.com/NrXFPII.gifv

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Nion posted:

Tower of Joy being 6 on 2 instead of 7 on 3 and the Sword of the Morning wielding two non-Dawn swords is just really weird. They seem to have some kind of weird obsession where nothing can be left unchanged.
Honestly I prefer it that way. At this point I hope they deviate from the books as much as they possibly can, even if there's no good reason to do so

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

El Hefe posted:

at least we know Jon kills Ramsey so no more of his 20 good men next season
It's only 14 now, Brienne / Pod / Theon killed 6.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I'd like to believe that GOT wouldn't set up Jorah with a Chekhov's Greyscale and then just randomly kill him off in episode 4. But who knows at this point.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

So why did D&D find it necessary to turn Ned Stark into a straight-up liar re: the Tower of Joy? In the books he never talked about it, right? But now in the show's continuity he bragged to his family a thousand times about besting Arthur Dayne in single combat?

At first I thought it was just sloppy writing, but the Behind The Scenes featurette makes it very clear that they wanted to very specifically portray Ned as a big ole self aggrandizing liar.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

HAHAHAH I'm rewatching it with closed captions and I didn't realize they literally added a [farts] when Pycelle notices Cersei / zombie Clegane behind him

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Wait. What happens if the Sand Snakes try to kill Ramsey?
The second Doom comes to Westeros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Mike N Eich posted:

But given the show has dispensed with that completely, like, why are we as readers supposed to even patiently go through that? Who the gently caress cares, now? Maybe I'm a total minority on this one, but jeez GRRM, you really hosed up here.
IDK maybe you are supposed to enjoy reading books and not just treat it like a wiki synopsis of major plot points

• Locked thread