Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
I hope the first four episodes leak early again this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

Wildling mom is 3 days from retirement and just gives up when she sees a bunch of undead children.

To be fair that half skeleton undead kid that was missing his eyes was really freaky.

1-800-DOCTORB fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 17, 2015

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yeah, they dont. And they dont seems to be giving any fucks about what to do about the 5000 wildlings camping on their backyard either.

It just that it seems to me that they probably would care.

Something tells me the writers are going to completely forget that their are only ~100 Night's Watchmen left and all of the Wildlings are going to be locked up next season facing deportation. (Until Zombie Jon rescues them)

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Wasn't there a rumor earlier this year that Arnold Schwarzenegger auditioned for the role of Randyll Tarly? That would make this season more interesting.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

computer parts posted:

The single best moment of the TV show is the end of the Red Wedding when they focus on Cat for like 20 seconds and then a random guard appears from off frame, cuts her neck, and then steps back off frame.

Director's cut version:

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Mike N Eich posted:

God if they end up using the Pink Letter *after* the Night's Watch mutiny that would be the dumbest goddamn thing. I mean, suck out the morally grey motivations for the mutineers (in many ways they're justified for what they do in the books, in no way are they in the show) and then wave that plot device around *later*.

It's so dumb it may actually happen.

What if they mutiny and stab Jon again?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Mike N Eich posted:

Funny how after this latest season there is almost no speculation about what Mance Rayder's role is anymore. After they killed him off did we all just assume his role is kind of fulfilled in the books as well? Will he be killed with little fanfare at the beginning of TWOW? Who knows.

He swapped bodies with Rattleshirt in the show as well but then Tormund killed him.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Mike N Eich posted:

It makes me wonder what the endgame role for Davos is. What are they gonna do with him in the show? Is he gonna go fetch Rickon for Jon? Is he just gonna sorta stand next to Jon for the rest of the series? What was the point of bringing him and Stannis to the Wall, just to save Jon and bring Melisandre in place?

He might be involved with the Ironborn plot line since boats are his thing.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Plus the fact that we have that Winds of Winter chapter that takes place after the pink letter(?) where Stannis is alive and hanging out with Theon.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Season 5 was bad but in an entertaining way.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

Now all I'm going to think of when the White Walkers are on screen is Mr. Freeze. ICE TO MEET YOOOOO, JON SNOW

George Clooney is cast to play Darkstar.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Basically Jon Snow is Goku and he's training with King Kai for his big fight against the Others before Melisandre wishes him back with the Dragon Balls.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
There also seems to be a major halt to technological development in the world for the past thousand or so years. I'm sure having a mini-ice age every 10 years doesn't help.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

Speaking about getting burned, please refresh my memory: wanst Loras burned in some battle by the end of the last book or something? I vaguely remember this but Im not sure

I think he got hot oil dropped on him or something. It may just be a lie anyways to quickly get the fleet away from Dragonstone and go fight the Ironborn attacking the Reach.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

empty baggie posted:

It took a month for King Robert to get from Kings Landing to Winterfell, so I think Westeros would be a bit bigger than the UK.

You try lugging King Robert across the UK and see how long it takes.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

TommyGun85 posted:

according to who? how is that even possibly determined?

There is an entire Wikipedia article on this apparently

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
We don't know for sure that Myrcella is dead! She could just be taking a nap ...while wearing googly eyes ...in the great sept ...while Tommen and Jaime watch.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

TommyGun85 posted:

In a recent interview, the actress playing Melisandre confirmed that she will NOT be resurrecting Jon Snow.

She's going to resurrect Jon Targaryen.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Vader+L=J

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Maybe Tywin was already dead when he was shot with the crossbow and what Tyrion thought was his dad speaking to him was in fact pockets of air escaping from the flaps of his skin.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

romanowski posted:

let's spend the next several pages arguing whether or not jojen paste is real

personally, i think it is very badass, therefore it is real to me

Well in the show he is now in fact Jojen paste...

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
I think people are more looking forward to Olly's death than Joffrey's.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Jedimastafez posted:

Jon looks at Wun Wun and smiles
Wun wun takes an arrow to the eye
Jon looks around in shock expecting to see Ramsay
Instead he sees Olly with a smug and knowing grin as he maliciously utters
You still know nothing Jon Snow

and then Jon was a zombie.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Most of the younger male cast are fairly small dudes, Kit Harrington, Jack Gleeson, Alfie Allen dude who played Robb are all pretty small dudes.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Frankenfinger posted:

Re: Varys. Gonna post this again since it's the spoiler thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M_hhVg9XUE

I think this best sums up what Varys's ultimate goal in the books might be. It makes a ton of sense, and it's a shame that almost all of it has been abandoned in the show. It's almost as if D&D decided somewhere in season 2 to get rid of all the Aegon stuff, and are desperately trying to cram Varys into the plot without having it be ham-fisted and odd.

it is

Nah Varys is actually a merman and is secretly trying to melt the wall so that the resulting rise in sea level increases his people's territory. The only reason he wants Dany in Westeros is so that her Dragons will breath fire on the wall.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Littlefinger is going to succeed in secretly ruling all of Westeros only for it to be overrun with dragons and others. Then suddenly he is stabbed in the back by the one woman he ever truly loved, Yors of house Isster

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
I don't know what you guys mean when you say the Baratheon line has died off; Tommen Baratheon is alive and well :colbert:

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
When avenging the death of your father/husband the logical thing to do is to kill both his brother and nephew.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

A *man* supports your friends findings.

A *slave* obeys.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Well the episode title is the battle of the bastards.

Turns out the battle of the bastards is actually an entire episode of badly choreographed sand snake fight scenes.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

That reminds me how Dany's slave girl showing up in the slavers bed is just as much out of the left field as Shae turning up in Tywinn's bed. It's completely out of the blue with no lead up.

There is a really bad deleted scene that makes this less shocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elHaFwbv4BA

It is known.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
The sandsnakes are going to be the ones who kill Kevan and Pycelle arn't they?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Lotka Volterra posted:

I suppose my issue with the direction Dorne is going is this: what reason would anyone have to take orders from Ellaria or the Sand Snakes?

You have a weak leader but you need the bad pussy.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

canepazzo posted:

They show the prop for the letter to Doran (reddit has a link) where Jaime is informing him of Myrcella's death and requesting the execution of Ellaria and sand snakes to make it right. He also mentions he is sending back Trystane as a gesture of good will so that's how they got to him so fast I guess, he was already back.

That actually makes more sense. Of course Ellaria had to know ahead of time that the letter was going to be delivered at that exact moment.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Love Crime posted:

I just wrote a big thing about it you son of a bitch!

Animal cruelty in media was A Legit Thing in the past, at no point were they actually killing babies though. Well, unless you consider Italian independent movies.

Currently any movie or TV show that employs most Western actors/production studios has to abide by the rule that no animals can be cruelly handled, but it also goes a lot deeper than you'd think. They also cannot be traced to fund people who do it, such as paying slaughter houses to kill an animal in a certain way to match whatever death the movie/show needs to portray.

So that leads to two things, they either don't show the animal getting killed like when Ned cuts Lady's throat and all you hear is her yelping, or they do the same thing but you see an obvious taxidermy stand in afterwards.

Also something people might find interesting, all the horses that you see in battles falling over? They're specially trained for it because in the old days they would just have random horses do it and it would often end up with the horses breaking their backs or legs.

Also also the whole animal rights thing conveniently doesn't apply to fish. You can do whatever you want to ordinary fish (not dolphins and poo poo though).

"No CGI-Direwolves were harmed in the making of this film."

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Dave Hill wrote all the Histories & Lore extras which are pretty good.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

this_is_hard posted:

It's the Bran scene in the official episode 2 teaser video. He has a vision of Winterfell. It's Benjen and Ned sparring/fighting when they were children. A girl comes into the scene. It's Lyanna Stark. She says to Benjen "Who are you going to fight with when Ned leaves?"
Bran tells BR that he sees his family. The scene continues. Benjen answers "I don't know who I'll fight with. Maybe that kid?" He points to a tall fat kid. It's Hodor, but his name is WILLAS. Yep not Walder.
Lyanna says "You can't fight with him. He's not noble." Willas sees talking about him and wants to join but he can't. Someone who looks like his mother tells him that he's not going to fight. You're not going to be a fighter. (?) Benjen says "You're huge. You should be a fighter/rider."
BR interrupts the scene and calls him back. If he stays any longer it could be dangerous. "If you stay for too long you can die/drown."
Bran comes out of the vision. Bran says "If I wasn't drowning/dying then I was... Home." The episode is called Home.
Meera is outside. Bran calls her and tells to enter. BR says that it's dangerous to stay outside too long. Meera is unconvinced.
A cotf goes to her "You need to come inside. You need to help Bran."
Meera says "Why should I come inside? To watch him dream and have visions?" She feels useless.
Back under the tree Bran sees Hodor. "I saw you talk Hodor.. What happened to you? What happened?" And to shock the world....
Hodor responds with "Hodor."
The scene goes to Castle Black. It's Thorne breaking into the room. Davos says his I've never been a fighter line from the trailer and that's it.

first scene of ep2

"I apologize for what you're about to see"

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
I'm pretty sure the show at one point said Hodor's real name was Walder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Servant: "Lord Kevan, it's Maester Pycelle, he requests your presence in his solar, he says he has news about Jon Snow's uncle Benjen, says he's still alive.
Kevan: *quickly stands up* Are you sure he's talking about Jon's uncle Benjen?
Servant: "Says he was first Ranger, says he knows where to find him"
*Kevan then goes to see Pycelle but is suddenly shot in the chest with a crossbow fired by Varysthe Sand Snakes*

• Locked thread