Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
I stopped watching halfway through last season. It failed to hold my interest and it became obvious that the show writers are only capable of good material when they're working off of stuff GRRM's already written, which of course they've run out of. I'm not sure I'll bother with this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
For whatever reason it pisses me off more than anything that the show had Stannis die before Balon.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Nah, gay heirs just have a malus to fertility. They're still perfectly capable of doing their duty to ensure the royal succession. Just don't expect the Brady Bunch.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Stannis would make the best king, fact.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

In It For The Tank posted:

I think they're just going to drop the warg stuff for the other kids: Arya will complete her training by becoming Daredevil; Jon will get revived without an extended stint as Ghost; and Rickon will probably get killed unceremoniously at some point this season to add drama to the northern storyline (although I'm skeptical of the alleged "Ramsay shooting arrows at him" leak) so who cares about him.

At least in the books I'm pretty sure Rickon winds up being King in the North; his presence in the story has always struck me as being the one to be left over when Bran and Robb are gone.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sansa will be King in the North. There's a lot of very progressive gender issues coming this season.

:negative: This is far too plausible for comfort.

A longstanding complaint I have is that HBO's ~~progressiveness~~ with this show is totally rear end-backwards. e.g. the mandatory Gay Character Quotient dictating that Loras, who in the books is mostly notable for being a cool knight who is very skilled, doesn't do much other than suck dicks in the show. Then doubling down on that last season by turning the sparrows into a cross of westboro baptist church with the gestapo. It's loving obnoxious. It feels like HBO has a couple of stupid hobby horses that it can't let go of.

Not a new complaint I know but it still pisses me off.

Mortabis fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 19, 2016

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Not as much as it would have been improved by being omitted entirely.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
gently caress it. I'm just going to wait for winds of winter.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

Call Your Grandma posted:

They gonna come talk to me about money laundering?
In West Baltimore?

She/it.

:omarcomin:

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
How dare you besmirch the name of Martin O'Malley

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

Jagermonster posted:

Jaimie was the main character in that insane Gods of Egypt movie that I am RIGHT NOW listening to a podcast about (How Did This Get Made). In fact one of the podcast hosts mentioned he had a development meeting with a Hollywood studio and the suits stated they wanted to work with any GoT cast member. They are apparently hot commodities. Perhaps they have stuff in development that just hasn't come out yet.

Incidentally he was also in Black Hawk Down 16 years ago.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
I give it 50/50 Jon winds up marrying Sansa

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
When's it time for a new thread? When they start releasing trailers? Or has that already happened?

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
The westerlands are the only part of westeros that we've never seen.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
First mistake the show made was Talisa in place of Jeyne Westerling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
I pretty much gave up on the show after they killed barristan selmy.

Play with her arse was bad but it didn't ruin any future parts of the show. It was self contained, more or less, in its awfulness.

Mortabis fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 25, 2017

• Locked thread