Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

What is this Young Ned crap? They ain't bringing back the Bean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Are the zombies in the book semi-sentient? Like the two that get brought to Castle Black bee-line towards Mormont, is that happy coincidence because the watch is incompetent, some mind control poo poo, or -and this is where I'm leaning- do they want to be cool mr zombie around town that killed the important guy and are trying to be the best zombie they can be.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

If he can't write it, someone else will summarize.

Like it's not even a thing. The idea that he even considered a deadline is laughable.

BTW Jojen was not on his list of dead on show alive in book.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That's not fair, I was fairly disappointed by the second season too.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

He might be involved with the Ironborn plot line since boats are his thing.

This is the most ridiculous thing and i instantly believe it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Gonna have to edit 7 days to 7 minutes for the show.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I still like that Jon knows Bran is alive.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It would be cool if he just put in the timeskip somewhere in the middle of WoW. I'm sure the show could come with all sorts of fun ways to bridge the gap.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

Jon is gonna die again, so will Arya and Dany will win the war but is barren so the Targharyan dynasty dies. Spoilers.

Could you rephrase this as say not just a one line summary but maybe three thousand pages or so?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The show can't even get to the point. Every character was left with a cliff hanger last season except Myrcella.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just started reading the books and did you know that Jaime throws a little kid out of a window in like the third chapter?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Super Ninja Fish posted:

What if we have to wait 4 more years for Winds?

This is dumb, it's already been as long as ADWD took to write since ADWD came out. What you are saying is more akin to people thinking he'd beat the show to the ending. If he took another 4 years for one book nobody would even remember to care. Might be his game plan.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Not to mention, didn't Elyria fear Myrcella and Trystane might kiss at some point which would have likely also killed Trystane?

No that wasn't in the script, he wasn't in danger.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Margaery giant head doll seems like a mean joke.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Chances are incredibly high that Sansa won't be raped on her wedding night this next season.

Actually, on thinking it, not that high.

kater fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Mar 6, 2016

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Arya is a white walker now huh.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yudo posted:

lovely planning is a thing IRL that has doomed or damaged many

New thread title?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Did Oberyn mail Dany some poison too?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

OrthoTrot posted:

At least Jojen paste or Daario = Euron might actually matter once GRRM dies and someone finishes the books.

In the show is Daario going to be Yara?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Inherent human Nihilism.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

You believe that GRRM will chose narrative arcs over tits? I'm not so sure.

Narrative curves.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ahaha gently caress this show. Welcome season 6, loving nothing happened.

The best part is I started watching it all optimistic, and didn't make it out of the previews without being reminded how dumb it is. Horrible Bow Woman (Why is she holding someone up from four feet away with a bow?) dies because she fell like 15 feet, but Theon and Sansa make a 40 foot drop just fine? Okay sure.

But really, nothingggggg.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Did we get more Snakes in this episode or is the show just distracting and weird about it?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I sincerely hope that Rickon will be dealt with even swifter than Dr. Bashir. Just move on and get to the next garbage monologue for Lena or Emelia.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lycus posted:

Theon is going back to Pyke to kill his father.

Welp.

He seriously should have said *something* about paying back the dude who hosed his life sideways. Like in a show that is this dumb, it is dumb to leave that unstated. "I don't want to imprison myself to your brothers cult, I've got a prick to kill."

Also I would never complain about this show again if one of the dragons just straight barbecued Tyrion.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Jon's going to convince the nightwatch and the wildlings that the best thing to do is let all the white walkers below the wall so everyone can prepare for the true enemy, giant spiders.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait why poison the girl if you are just going to put your spear through the other kid's head?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

Well that would be some pretty weird aging since Howland Reed would be like 40 and the High Sparrow looks to be, uh, much older than 40

Yeah that was lame, like every other part of the flashback.

Then again maybe it still works because Ned couldn't have been more than 13 and he ages into full Sean Bean.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I doubt there were 14 extras cast for Winterfell this season.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Of course the show looks cheap when 80% of the shots are close up Olly Reactions.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Beric did kiss Cat and pass on. She actually killed all the Freys already and that is why none are a part of Bolton's good men. This stuff just happens offscreen, or didn't you notice Tywin writing all those letters being like 'wtf she's a zombie???'

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That is why nobody remembers Butterfingers even if Dayne sharpened it every bit as much as Dawn.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm so glad they killed Selmy so they could focus on the important parts of Meereen like

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Hot Pie was pretty good.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I was disappointed that Ramsay ate the 2nd apple he started carving. He didn't eat the first, which was the most interesting thing he has done in years. Like, I was wondering if he just likes to peel apples because of the sound his knife makes.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Also Sansa/Theon end up with Stannis and there's a big to do about interrogating Theon, so that is how he or Asha would know about Mance.

Wait what the gently caress, Stannis already knows about Mance straight up. Who cares if he is alive.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

auzdark posted:

Jamie and Bronn beach adventures volleyball

kater
Nov 16, 2010

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

And now he's dead.

I just realized season 8 is going to be ice harry potter flicking his wrists and leading zombie Ramsay, Stannis, and Karl Tanner into King's Landing.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Drunk in Space posted:

The Children created the Others to guard the Heart of the Island, which has now become tainted resulting in the wacky seasons. Series will end with Jon sticking a huge cork in it and bringing balance back to Westeros.

Jon has to go there and turn the wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Hey you know what this whole thing didn't need an ounce of? Explaining what the gently caress the others were.

• Locked thread