Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Too bad Irish Joe went and got himself banned before he could get banned from failing his Toxx.

Well another year another season... I'll probably enjoy Randyll Tarly he looks cool.

Winds of Winter will totally be out in Feb 27 guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Quite frankly the worst thing about Hardhome is that it featured really good writing and politicking by Jon Snow to the point the rest of Night Watch story made even less sense, and make you wonder why Jon Snow got so dumb when talking to the Watch as opposed to the Wildlings.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
So is Snow dead or not?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

a cop posted:

Seriously why the gently caress wouldnt Mel try to rez jon immediately given that she had that meeting with Thoros? Why even throw that scene in??? She's obviously going to do it but why wait so loving long!!!!!!

So they can pretend people didn't see the twist coming

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Crash74 posted:

Bronn and Tyrion need to team up again :colbert:

Even the two of them together can't defeat Pod's magic sex rod.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

In It For The Tank posted:

I realize he is preoccupied with Jon, but Davos is in a surprisingly good state of mind considering he found out that Stannis and Shireen died like the previous day.

Burying Jon Snow's totally dead body is more important to him the life of the liege lord he was devout to and his spiritual niece.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Cygni posted:

Dumb thinking out loud: Maybe the purpose of Melisandre showing off her glamour is because she's not resurrecting Jon Snow, but shes gonna glamour someone else (onion knight?) to look like him.

It's to remind us she's legit magic and explain why she'll die and turn into an old woman when giving Jon Snow the kiss of fire.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
What the are odds for the next episode being Jon Snow's revival? I'm guessing episode 3 personally.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

FogHelmut posted:

I don't know how this can be positive for anyone, this bizarre pseudofeminism in the media by giving women horrible stories and lines to make them badass somehow. Sand Snakes, Ghostbusters, Hillary Clinton. It's all awful, like someone thought the Charlie's Angels movie was good.

Corporate friendly feminism isn't progressive nor even feminism lite. It's to lull well meaning but stupid white progressives into not feeling guilty because it's a woman killing brown people in the oval office or on the tv screen.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

My complaint is more about how Davos has just latched onto Jon (for whatever reason) like he served him all along when they barely knew each other.

Jon Snow is really hot and joined a fraternal order with strict no having sex with girls rules, he's misreading the sign.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 2, 2016

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Betting that Manderly tries to pull a ploy like Frey Pies but Ramsay instantly sees through the deception and kills Manderly while uttering a snappy one liner.

“We had an assistant named Dave Hill,” say Benioff and Weiss. “One day last summer he walked into our office and said, ‘You know that lord whose family gets massacred in the Red Wedding? The one who feeds The Frey's their own children and is a fan favorite for his witticisms and making the audience remember the consequences for the villains exist?’

‘Yeah?’

‘Well,’ said Dave, ‘doesn’t it make sense that he’d get murdered by Ramsay Snow?’

‘You’re right,’ we said. ‘That does make sense.’

This year, Dave Hill is a writer on the show.”

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Barreft posted:

Great episode. Anticipating Shimra Jimra or whatever making GBS threads on it endlessly. He's the Kawalimus of GOT.

It was good, it was too flawed to be great. This season will be better than last, but without George's books to guide them it's going to be one hell of an uneven ride form here on in.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Wall stuff was good, Theon realizing he can't go to the Wall was good, Robert Strong and Cersei was good, Tyrion and the dragons was good. I know this thread'll just harp on the Ramsay stuff like it's the worst thing television has ever done ever for a week, but on the whole it was a good episode.

It was 4/5 good, which is legit very good. Even the Ramsay stuff isn't bad, just very bland.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

whatever7 posted:

Nah, I want Manderly eat Ramsey. I like Rickon, I would be pretty upset if D&D&Dave Hill kill him. But I will forgive them if they let Manderly feast on Ramsey.

Manderly eats Ramsey and does the sausage thing except with Ramasy's dick

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

That must have been written before GRRM made the Northerners care so much about guest right.

Greatjon threatened him and question Robb's right to rule, and his dog bite off fingers from a hand he raised. It was kinda like an ironic sign from God for a touh son of bitch like Greatjon

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Majorian posted:

Sure, but I still blame that on the GRRM. It's not like the showrunners have had much else to work off of with him, other than a truly stellar performance from Iwan Rheon.

GRRM wrote him and his role perfectly.

The character is a seemingly a one note character, with some depth underneath who's seen only rarely as the underling or pawn of a bigger player, most of what we see of him is from implication or from the aftermath of his actions. He is not given extended time alone for the reader to focus on him and get tired of him. He has a function and fulfills it perfectly. GRRM has a lot of problems as a writer but if you took a really lesser side character from Shakespeare and made him into one of the main characters without altering his character, you'd run into the same problem.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

They were weirdly inaccurate in that they got some bits right that weren't in trailers/set photos but was like, 60% wrong.

If it was an extra, that wouldn't be surprising, considering they get a different script.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

]
I guess D&D felt that Emilia Clarke was only good at being a god-like, arrogant, feminist icon and therefore Tyrion gets the parts of her story where she struggles while Dany gets to run basically tell everyone how great she is and because of some tricks everyone will believe it.

God do I appreciate ADWD a lot more now.

To be fair, they did give her those scenes last season, just to a lesser degree. I have no idea why she is the actress that seems to be launching a carreer out of this, because any of the women who played the Starks are way, way better and sometimes have less to work with.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
What happened to Karstark?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm mad at Rickon running in a straight line and getting hit by an arrow at 300 yards.

He saw the arrow and instead of running to the side, ran to catch it

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Peanut President posted:

Wouldn't she be literally bones by this point?

edit: Also it's gonna be funny when "BREAKING THE WHEEL" means

-Aligning with the Greyjoys for their navy
-Aligning with the Starks to defeat the white walkers
-Aligning with the Arryns because Littlefinger ain't dumb
-Aligning with the Tyrells because they need their food

Meaning the only groups they'll be fighting is: Dorne, if she doesn't make an alliance with the Snakes; The Stormlands who have no ruler (?); The Westerlands.

Dany is Hilary Clinton

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

I just realized euron is going to sale into empty mereen even if he does get ships

Euron settles with conquering Dragon Bay when he hears how Dany won the Seven Kingdoms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

• Locked thread