Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Ague Proof posted:

Yeah, that was really bad.

The Thenn chief is a ruthless, prejudiced dick but ultimately saves everyone's lives by closing the gates on the people outside and when he's put to the test, allies without a second thought with a man he despises to fight an inhuman evil because he understands the greater threat. He sacrifices himself and goes down fighting.

Wildling mom is 3 days from retirement and just gives up when she sees a bunch of undead children.

If they wanted to have her die that way they should have had the undead children be her undead children. It's one thing to be a badass in the face of random zombie children, I wouldn't fault anybody for freezing when it's their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I caught the last few episodes of season one on HBO last night. Man that first season was so good.

lifts cats over head fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 28, 2015

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I think the horse is facing him since horse ears face forward. So he's not riding it.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

DirtyRobot posted:

When Bran takes over someone's body, they'll swap in Bran's actor still in the original guy's clothes, like the body-switching stones in Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Universe.

Theorizing that one could greensee within his own lifetime, cripple Bran Stark stepped into the Heart tree cave and vanished... He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Bloodraven, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a three eyed raven that only Bran can see and hear. And so Bran Stark finds himself warging from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next warg will be the warg home…

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Ague Proof posted:

*wargs into Hodor*
"Hodor?"

Fixed that for you.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don't understand this at all since he could just walk with the exact same methods he uses to be able to fly.

GRRM is a poo poo writer.

Maybe he's speaking like a drug dealer and he knows that Bran is going to get so high on that Jojen paste!

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Ague Proof posted:

He'll speak English but everyone else will hear 'Hodor':

like that episode where he's a chimpanzee in a cage

Wun Wun is apparently dumber than Hodor. Giant time

The post makes a lot more sense now.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

In It For The Tank posted:

Bran's warging of Hodor is always portrayed as a horrible, exploitative thing. The text really emphasizes that Bran is doing something evil.

Not only that but that Bran is rationalizing it. He very much talks about it the same way an addict would discuss their drug of choice. "Just one more and then I'll stop".

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I'm still hoping the assignment that brings her to Westeros is to kill Alayne Stone.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

My best guess on what each character will be up to:
Jon: Resurrected, leads Wildling army south to confront Ramsay
Bran: Flashback machine
Sansa/Theon: Probably will meet up with Brienne and, according to rumors, meets up with Jon at some point. Theon/Reek tries to regain his identity
Arya: Gets her eyesight back and goes into deep cover as Mercy, probably spans half the season as part of the acting troupe. This might bring her back to Westeros.
Sam: Family reunion, quest towards the Citadel.
King's Landing: ongoing conflict with the High Septon which probably gets dragged out over 9 episodes, possibly climaxing with Clegane Bowl.
Dany: Uses her dragon as a show of might against the Dothraki, returns to Mereene to find Tyrion has made a treaty with Euron, probably will triumphantly set sail for Westeros in the final minute of the final episode.
Littlefinger: Probably randomly shows up in each episode in a different part of the world with no explanation as to how he got there.
Jaime/Bronn: Practicing diplomacy in the Riverlands
White Walkers: Somehow find their way south of the wall. Probably kill all of the Night's Watch and perhaps destroy the wall entirely.
Lady Stoneheart: Doesn't show up, at all, but episode 10's title trolls fans.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Ashcans posted:

It's kind of funny because Grover, Elmo, and Kermit are all completely legitimate historical names, but it's basically impossible to hear the last two without just thinking of muppets. Grover is only on the fence because of Norquist and a President.

I'm hoping there is a Lord Snuffleupagus in tWoW.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

April 24th for the premier, according the GoT Facebook page.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Mouse Dresser posted:

I hope that Melisandre sacrifices Olly the Potato Boy in order to bring Jon back to life.

Burn, Potato Boy, burn.

And then Melisandre says: "It looks like...baked potato is on the menu" :smug:

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

He's coming back this season dude. A younger and stronger version even.

Typical ageism casting from Hollywood.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Some more teasers came out. No actual footage though. http://watchersonthewall.com/new-promos-for-game-of-thrones-season-6-featuring-houses-stark-lannister-and-targaryen/

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

ShaqDiesel posted:

Isnt that Pink letter dialogue from ramsay?

It's close

quote:

Your false king is dead, bastard. He and all his host were smashed in seven days of battle. I have his magic sword. Tell his red whore.

Your false king's friends are dead. Their heads upon the walls ofWinterfell. Come see them, bastard. Your false king lied, and so did you. You told the world you burned theKing-Beyond-the-Wall. Instead you sent him to Winterfell to steal my bride from me.

I will have my bride back. If you wantMance Rayder back, come and get him. I have him in a cage for all thenorth to see, proof of your lies. The cage is cold, but I have made him a warm cloak from the skins of the six whores who came with him to Winterfell.

I want my bride back. I want the false king's queen. I want his daughter and his red witch. I want this wildling princess. I want his little prince, the wildling babe. And I want my Reek. Send them to me, bastard, and I will not trouble you or your black crows. Keep them from me, and I will cut out your bastard's heart and eat it.

Ramsay Bolton, Trueborn Lord of Winterfell.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

There also seems to be a major halt to technological development in the world for the past thousand or so years. I'm sure having a mini-ice age every 10 years doesn't help.

Or Westeros is actually in a post apocalyptic world and is experiencing nuclear winter [/PrestonJacobs]

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

New content couldn't come soon enough.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Have some season 6 photos.

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/exclusive-pictures-season-6

Bran's definitely going to be a flashback machine....a tall flashback machine.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

This was pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5C6kG57J7Q

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Just out of curiosity where/when d he confirm that?

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I just want to know what sigil Jon Targaryen will take.

A dragon embracing a direwolf, mouth open, across a black plain.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Did the show even mention all that valuable king's blood they wasted when they executed Mance? Looking back I think they should have had them execute him for some magical purposes but Jon's sympathy arrow ruins the process.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

emanresu tnuocca posted:

King's blood has not been shown to have any unique magical properties, Melisandre is conflating various unrelated visions and making a big mess out of the whole thing, which is pretty much the thing that defines her as a character.

As Promethium noted, "King's Blood" is just a reference to Drogo's funeral pyre, it is a description of a specific event not a prescriptive prophecy\spell for melisandre to materialize, she's just wrong.

Nonsense, on the show Mel burned the leeches with King's blood and it effectively killed off 3 kings almost immediately 2 kings and a third 3 seasons later.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

I like the Hound so he will probably have to die another horrible death to punish me for liking a character.

He's one of the few characters I'm actually hoping gets a happy/peaceful ending.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

colonel_korn posted:

Make this the main thread title for Season 6 please.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I'm particularly fond of the Quaithe is Dany's Tyler Durden theory.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I thought there were some suggestive statements indicating Tywin was consulting a maester about some health concerns? The thing I like about the theory is it helps make some of Oberyn's choices make sense. If you assume he came to King's Landing to kill Tywin and the Mountain, killing one and then demanding trial by combat to face the other makes sense.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

OrthoTrot posted:

His plan seems to have been to get the Mountain to implicate Tywin during the fight. Which nearly worked, except hubris.

True but the fight was for Tyrion and he would have had no way of knowing that that the trial would come about unless he knew someone of note would die. Or he just seized the opportunity when it arose which is also possible.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Mermen have underwater weirwood trees.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

BlindSite posted:

In fact HBO should just option a Bronn the sell sword series that ends with him going to grab some dinner at the inn where he meets Tyrion because I'd watch the gently caress out of him riding about sassin' lord and killin' folk for money.

Better Call Bronn

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I like the idea of Dany becoming a villain in the end. Somewhere I recall reading a fan made conclusion to the series which basically ends with Dany on the iron throne, one of her advisers informs her that the people in King's Landing are rioting, and the series closes with her informing her adviser to "burn them, burn them all".

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

I got every butt based on the scene going on around them. That was loving great, also. I love how well the cast played along with that stuff, too. Nobody can remember Daario's name. Daario confirmed to be Euron and Benjen.

What would have been really great is if the guy who's playing Euron guessed that it was his butt.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

CountFosco posted:

For the record, Loras being gay has nothing to do with whether or not he'll get married or have an heir. Presuming he survived dragonstone, there's a reasonable chance he'll be married off, and there's a decent chance that the marriage will produce sons or daughters. Whether as a result of Loras "doing his duty" or extra-marital copulation.

That could actually end up being an interesting plot point (heir to Highgarden isn't actually the heir because the father was a donor). But let's try to wrap up the main plot first.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

At this point I'm convinced GRRM fed D&D a bunch of random and fake plot points to see what kind of mess they make. Then when the actual conclusion of the story comes out he'll profit massively. This is a guy who writes 1000+ pages of political manipulations after all, he knows how these things work.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Yeah the Mel stuff was interesting tidbit but it seemed shoe-horned in there.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I miss scenes with Joffrey.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

It's a pity we never saw Robert and Tywin interact.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I thought the Hound/Brienne fight was good. Also Brienne/Jaime from season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Has there been any word on whether or not Bronn is in this season or did he just fade into the background never to be mentioned again?

• Locked thread