Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Hardhome scene loving owned from front to back in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

None of the people that were stabbing Jon were people that would be talking to any of the wildlings in the night they had been back. I doubt many people were just shouting about seeing their dead family members stand up on the beach and look at them. Jon only told Sam about what happened. The attackers had been planned the assassination while Jon was gone. There was little time for any talk from his return until his demise. It's entirely reasonable that the men who have been conspiring against Jon Snow did not talk to him or any of his friends in the night after his return. It's not like he had been back for weeks and they had strategy meetings discussing the looming threat. He gets back home, talks a bit with his confidant, and then gets shanked by people that had been planning for days/weeks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Elias_Maluco posted:

Jon & other NW members actually saw it happening. There is no way the NW could not know about it.

They had just got back and a lot of people probably hadn't spoke about the horrors they saw yet. It's not like they had been back for weeks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Elias_Maluco posted:

The NW comes back with lots of casualities and some thousands opf wildlings and nobody had the idea of asking "WTF happened out there?". They did had time to set up the stabbing, Im inclined to believe there was more than enough time to ask Jon or any of the survivors about what they saw.

The conspirators didn't give a gently caress about what happened while he was gone.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He doesn't give a gently caress about the book and isn't working appreciably towards finishing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chris James 2 posted:

lol at anybody who still honestly thinks he finishes both books before he dies

same op

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm glad they left him out of the show. Quintin Martell, too. There really arent too many people that were left out that I miss. Generally speaking, HBO has done a great job of telling the story without stupid tangents.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Austrian mook posted:

Funny ppl say that Aegon and Quentyn are tangents, despite knowing nothing about the upcoming plot details

The people that do know about the plot details decided it was better to not use them at all, though, meaning they are either irrelevant in the long run or easily assimilated into another character. Take Coldhands or Jeyne Poole, for example.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

What do you mean there's indications that stannis will beat the boltons? The pink letter is all we have in the books and it looks like it was legit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ginette Reno posted:

What makes you think it was legit? It's pretty clearly a fake.

Because Ramsey defeated Stannis.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The letter may still come in the show. It's what will lead to the battle of the bastards.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Or Jon is going to stab longclaw into his chest and pull out a flaming sword.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Or he just gets beat by Ramsey.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol: the pink letter is still gonna happen

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I dunno I enjoy the TV show versus the aimless meandering without ever actually getting to the point.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kater posted:

The show can't even get to the point. Every character was left with a cliff hanger last season except Myrcella.

That's standard soap opera stuff.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm posting in the tv forum why would the hell would I read?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Apoplexy posted:

Canon: Stannis burns Shireen because of a cold front; Bad Pussy; 20 Good Men

Correct.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's just stupid. Even in fantasy people shouldn't just be brought back from the dead all the time. What kind of schlock garbage writing would that be?

Right?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That's because gunpowder changed war drastically. It becomes your primary goal because it's simply the best.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

lifts cats over head posted:

Did the show even mention all that valuable king's blood they wasted when they executed Mance? Looking back I think they should have had them execute him for some magical purposes but Jon's sympathy arrow ruins the process.

Mance is a false king. His blood is useless as he's just a common man.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's roose and fat wanda

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stannis had no intentions of returning to Castle Black. Why would he leave his child and wife behind if he wasn't going back?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So It Goes posted:

It would've helped if the show actually bothered to have establishing shots of a blizzard decimating his army or something. Instead, we had discussions in tents about it being cold and then Ramsey's team of magical teleporting fire ninjas destroyed "all" the food (again not shown, just the aftermath). Alternatively, if they didn't give Stannis the scene earlier in the season establishing without a doubt that he did care about his daughter, then you could maybe buy that he was just a terrible person. Instead, you get scenes in a tent where people say its cold and food is gone and Stannis is like, welp, better burn the daughter that I was established as legitimately caring for. It was such a wet fart of an arc. Like, I kinda get what the show creators were trying to go for, but the actual execution of the arc was just terrible. Pretty similar to Dorne in some ways. I feel like last season could have been improved a lot if the show wasn't forced to make yearly deadlines.

They have a couple of scenes with Davos and Stannis talking about how dire their predicament is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NutritiousSnack posted:

So is Snow dead or not?
at the moment, yes. For long? Sadly not likely.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Its very hard because most nerds can't act. Actors are generally shallow empty people that take direction and can put on any face well. Their job isn't to understand or know what someone's backstory is. Rather they're supposed to say lines in exact way the director wants them to.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I also like how she dealt with the emissary at yunkai or wherever that offered her gold and ships to leave.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Apoplexy posted:

Nope, just watched that episode.

I can't speak to book bran, but show bran seems to be done with anything going on south of the wall family or otherwise at that point. He has the chance to see Jon, and instead chooses to deliberately not talk to him because it will pull him from his quest. The fact that his oldest brother and father are dead is irrelevant. He died when he fell. His only purpose right now is to seek the raven.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tywin asks that she be brought to his chambers after Cersei points her out at the wedding or whatever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I had to go look it up. At the royal breakfast in season 4 episode 2 cersei points out shae to tywin. Tywin asks that she be brought to the tower of the hand before the wedding. He absolutely knew who she was and it's silly to think otherwise.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Awfulapp does that some times, but your theory is crackpot and doesn't really follow what happened. Sorry. :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Varys' motivation is hard to suss out sometimes because he acts upon both his own wills and the will of the current king he serves. Like in season 4 Tyrion asks Varys to lie for him, and Varys says that he'll do no such thing because any lie from him to those in power is basically his own death.

Regardless of his support for Dany or Viserys, he was bound by keeping his own head on his shoulders that he execute King Robert's orders.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What is even the point of Bran and Bloodraven? What do they even add to the story? If you were to remove all traces of their plot nothing would change.

Easy plot mechanic for flashbacks or God modding.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The targs killed off a ton of people just 300 years ago plus the countless wars before it that would certainly thin out the herd.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 20, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

raej posted:

I'm going to laugh so hard when they don't bring Jon back at all, and everything the cast has been saying is true. That the leaks of Jon riding in Stark attire is a red herrings to rile everyone up.

This is basically my dream scenario but is certainly not what is going to happen. :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CPFortest posted:

Lol they just went gently caress the bullshit with Dorne

It's beautiful.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Well the episode title is the battle of the bastards.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Reading that it makes it seem like the sand snakes are not the ones that kill Trystane.

EDIT: missed a word or got autocorrected not sure.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 24, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

canepazzo posted:

Maybe, but what's their plan after that? Who's there to take over? Ellaria's a bastard, and so're the Sand Snakes, doubt Dorne would rally behind them. Quentyn or Arianne making an appearance? Darkstar? Faegon?

I misspoke. I don't think they killed him. I didn't actually read the script though and just went off of what she said to Doran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Zero One posted:

My cable company isn't doing the free trial and subscribing to their HBO is almost twice as much as HBO Now. But HBO now isn't available on my smart TV or PS4. :saddowns:

Does your computer have an HDMI cord? You can sign up for HBO now and do it that way.

• Locked thread