Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

What a profoundly impotent power play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I realize I may be the only one who thinks so but I think the new Yotes jerseys are miles better than what they were wearing before.
(Still no match for the vision quest wolf but eh)

Gotta be between Flames and Sens for who has the ugliest full-time set right now though. Yeesh. Flames are especially sad because they had that great retro-alt and then threw it away.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Look Around You posted:

This was a while ago, but before ~edge~ (and a few years after i suppose) they had the navy ones up top, before the went back to the royal blue ones.

Park is an interesting choice to use as a representative of that Islanders era.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

One step closer to the coveted more goals against than for on the power play statistic.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Better-than-Scuderi! :siren:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Murray better be in net next game. May as well go all in on the Wilkes-Barre boys.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:fork:
gently caress this lovely team.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

They're playing alright tonight just no goaltending

No game against the Bruins should rely on your team's defense/goalie superiority. You outscore them or you pretty much lose, unless they have an off-game.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Holy poo poo that was hilarious

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Is it possible that we were all wrong this whole time, and that this is just a lovely team the Bylsma somehow propped up for several seasons?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

and the absolute worst thing about this poo poo (by which I mostly mean the timing of MAF's injury) is it's making Mike Johnston look good.

and making Bylsma look like Herb Brooks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I've missed goal #5 and goal #6 getting a beer (Great Divide) and my sandwhich (Peperjack, ham, and turkey with some siracha and mayo). I'm OK with this development. It would appear the players of the Pittsburgh Penguins have decided they can't hockey good like and will now impersonate the Oilers. The problem with this is if the team is bad it won't make any money, and then won't get sold, and will end up into the exact same situation they were in prior to the Mario take over. Which is incredible the think about.

This will all end with Sid being forced to miss several seasons due to injuries only to be finally shut down with something life threatening, during which time he will defer salary to such a degree that he ultimately ends up as a partial owner of the franchise - after which he will spend his latter years watching the team tank to amass young talent (maybe one even a generational sort) who he will surround with mediocre over-the-hill journeymen being coached by his under-qualified friends from his playing days. They will be met with moderate success, ultimately leading to a cup despite all of this, doomed to repeat the cycle.

Maybe the next generational talent will have the horn of Eld with him and break free of the loop.

• Locked thread