Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bowl season is in full swing now as we enter the post-Christmas season. Now the games get more attention, mainly because most of the G5 teams have already played. There will still be bad games played in worse locations, but they are fewer than previous. The New Year's Six will get their own individual threads, so talk about the other games here.

All games on ESPN unless otherwise stated. All times Eastern. Links go to corresponding EDSBS 40 for 40 podcast.

December 26
St. Petersburg Bowl - Connecticut vs. Marshall (11AM)
Sun Bowl - Miami (FL) vs. Washington State (2PM) [CBS]
Heart of Dallas Bowl - Washington vs. Southern Mississippi (2:20PM)
Pinstripe Bowl - Indiana vs. Duke (3:30PM) [ABC]
Independence Bowl - Tulsa vs. Virginia Tech (5:45PM)
Foster Farms Bowl - UCLA vs. Nebraska (9:15PM)

December 28
Military Bowl - Pittsburgh vs. #21 Navy (2:30PM)
Quick Lane Bowl - Central Michigan vs. Minnesota (5PM) [ESPN2]

December 29
Armed Forces Bowl - California vs. Air Force (2PM)
Russell Athletic Bowl - #17 Baylor vs. #10 North Carolina (5:30PM)
Arizona Bowl - Nevada vs. Colorado State (7:30PM) [campusinsiders.com]
Texas Bowl - #20 LSU vs. Texas Tech (9PM)

December 30
Birmingham Bowl - Memphis vs. Auburn (Noon)
Belk Bowl - North Carolina State vs. Mississippi State (3:30PM)
Music City Bowl - Texas A&M vs. Louisville (7PM)
Holiday Bowl - #25 Southern California vs. Wisconsin (10:30PM)

January 1
Outback Bowl - #13 Northwestern vs. #23 Tennessee (Noon) [ESPN2]
Citrus Bowl - #14 Michigan vs. #19 Florida (1PM) [ABC]

January 2
Taxslayer Bowl - Penn State vs. Georgia (Noon)
Liberty Bowl - Kansas State vs. Arkansas (3:20PM)
Alamo Bowl - #15 Oregon vs. #11 TCU (6:45PM)
Cactus Bowl - West Virginia vs. Arizona State (10:15PM)

The Something Awful Bowl Pick'em League: http://games.espn.go.com/college-bowl-mania/2015/en/group?groupID=103374
Password: SpartyYes

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Alright, Food Pick 'Em is gonna be a long one.

Connecticut vs Marshall: I like apizza and grinders, and WV has, what, beans and cornbread?

Pick: Go Huskies.

Miami vs Washington State: Cubanos kick the poo poo out of anything from Washington.

Pick: Go Hurricanes.

Indiana vs Duke: Pork tenderloin sandwiches vs vinegar-based pork barbecue. It's a close one.

Pick: Will probably start another BBQ argument, but go Duke.

Tulsa vs V-Tech:

Oklahoma BBQ was put on this earth by a kind and loving god. It's the best parts of all other BBQs.

Pick: Tulsa

UCLA vs Nebraska:

The gently caress does Nebraska even have except corn? Call me when you upgrade to corn tacos.

Pick: UCLA

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
Playing football games in baseball stadiums is dumb.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Let me tell you how important this win is for UConn: throughout the past 5 years, I have anticipated 0-12 every single year. Despite the fact that they inexplicably push out NFL talent, they were occasionally blown out by FCS teams. This season has blown any expectations out of the water. If we win here, it will establish UConn firmly again as the mediocre team that they were born to be.

7-6, motherfuckers, U-C-O-N-N

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Woah Sheriffs. Don't try too hard. Don't be afraid to go for field position and let the defense win this

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Connecticut vs Marshall: I like apizza and grinders, and WV has, what, beans and cornbread?

Beans and cornbread is pretty good if done right. Also I'm unaware of any particular connection between that dish and WV. And

Indiana vs Duke: Pork tenderloin sandwiches vs vinegar-based pork barbecue. It's a close one.

Pick: Will probably start another BBQ argument, but go Duke.

Pork tenderloin's are delicious but not at all BBQ so there's no BBQ argument to be had.

And don't you live in freaking Scotland? Are you imagining what these things taste like?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
this field looks like someone drew dicks on it

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
They're expecting snow during the drat sun bowl

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008

Top Hats Monthly posted:

They're expecting snow during the drat sun bowl

First snow I'll see this season, and I live in northern Ohio. lol

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
What's up with the turf? It looks horrible.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Grittybeard posted:

Beans and cornbread is pretty good if done right. Also I'm unaware of any particular connection between that dish and WV. And

Pork tenderloin's are delicious but not at all BBQ so there's no BBQ argument to be had.

And don't you live in freaking Scotland? Are you imagining what these things taste like?

I know what vinegar-vased BBQ or pork tenderloin tastes like. It's hardly some super-rare delicacy.

I meant the BBQ argument being started because everyone loves different kinds of BBQ.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

I'm not sure if leading FBS in passes defended is more indicative of a good pass defense or a bad one that teams keep throwing against.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Pakled posted:

What's up with the turf? It looks horrible.

It's where the Tampa Bay Rays play, so if their field is bad for baseball, imagine what they do for football!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
WV cuisine is defined by Tudor's Biscuit World.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Democrazy posted:

Let me tell you how important this win is for UConn: throughout the past 5 years, I have anticipated 0-12 every single year. Despite the fact that they inexplicably push out NFL talent, they were occasionally blown out by FCS teams. This season has blown any expectations out of the water. If we win here, it will establish UConn firmly again as the mediocre team that they were born to be.

7-6, motherfuckers, U-C-O-N-N

You played Baylor 5 years ago so one of those seasons should've at least been an anticipated 1-11.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

This is about it: http://www.hillbillyhotdogs.com/#!homewrecker/cce4

Unless you like squirrel and whatnot.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
This time graphic is off-center and annoying

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dr_Strangelove posted:

quote:

Under West Virginia state code §20-2-4 it is legal to take home and eat roadkill.[56] Jeff Eberbaugh's Gourmet Style Road Kill Cooking was a runaway success in West Virginia when it was published in 1991.[57] The town of Marlinton, West Virginia holds a road-kill cook-off each fall during the last Saturday of September, which attracts thousands of visitors each year.[58] The festival features dishes such as pothole possum stew, fricasseed wabbit gumbo, teriyaki marinated bear, and deer sausage.[59] While the food at this festival doesn't actually involve real roadkill, the dishes are prepared with the kinds of animals that are commonly knocked down by cars.

I'm choosing to ignore the last sentence and think that Ancidhu goes out for a drive when he gets hungry.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008

Dr_Strangelove posted:

They have a Guy Fieri endorsement, it has to be great!

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This Marshall - UConn game is actually good :confused:. I was afraid it would be a blowout.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008

Duckaerobics posted:

This Marshall - UConn game is actually good :confused:. I was afraid it would be a blowout.

UConn beat Houston iirc, so they're decent I guess

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Thank God that Doc Holliday spotted UConn 4 points. I don't know if the Huskies could recover from being down 2 possessions.

Maybe that's why he's still at Marshall?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The St Petersburg Bowl was a lot more entertaining when it was sponsored by that scammy Bitcoin company.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Good luck Canes!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Nice job icing your own kicker, Doc

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Why is Doc Holliday overthinking things by throwing it with Birdsong?

If anything, Holliday should just leave Litton in. The running backs aren't having too much issue, so it's not like you need Birdsong to get the running game going.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

pillsburysoldier posted:

Good luck Canes!

:unsmith:

I want larry scott to do something al and Randy couldn't do. Win a bowl.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Let's try and get Arkeel Newsome more into the game. Try and get him out in space.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

UConn's coach is pretty dreamy.

E: that field goal :laffo:

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

that field goal ruled

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Great cornerback play followed by a 52 yarder that doinks in off the crossbar, haha

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Best :doink:

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Chieves posted:

UConn's coach is pretty dreamy.

E: that field goal :laffo:

Hawkeyes fans better get used to Bob Diaco. I'm 75% sure he's going to coach them some day.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I'm watching Canada vs USA and the UCONN vs Marshall game at the same time. What the hell was that fair catch?

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Maybe Marshall will gently caress themselves again?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

My CBS is showing Louisville Kentucky basketball and now canes cougs :(

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

My CBS switched to the Canes bowl, and then cut back to college basketball.

gently caress you CBS.

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

Is the Sun Bowl on another channel right now? I'm still getting this Louisville/Kentucky basketball game.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Arnold Layne posted:

Is the Sun Bowl on another channel right now? I'm still getting this Louisville/Kentucky basketball game.

As far as I can tell in South Florida, nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

Dilber posted:

As far as I can tell in South Florida, nope.

Yeah, I'm in South Florida too :(

• Locked thread