Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Something like 15 years ago dunkin won a bunch of awards for making great coffee but something has changed since then and their poo poo is straight awful now. Their coffee is ridicously bad. I wonder what they do to it.

Also, when a dunkin opened up nearby about 3 years ago I drove thru and ordered a breakfast sandwich to try 'em out and when I unwrapped it literally tablespoons of cooking oil poured out of the wrapper onto my khakis, permanently ruining them and costing me an hour of vacation so I could go home and change. It also significantly and permanently stained my then-new car seat. Fuckers. That's the moment I rage-quit dunkin donuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Something like 15 years ago dunkin won a bunch of awards for making great coffee but something has changed since then and their poo poo is straight awful now. Their coffee is ridicously bad. I wonder what they do to it.

Related to an earlier post, but maybe they tried to make it taste more like Starbucks since Starbucks got so popular?

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i was at a bus stop next to an urban youth drinking dunkin dees coffee and the bottom melted out of the cup all over his pants and we both looked at each other and laughed and it was a warm moment between strangers

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

OctoberBlues posted:

Related to an earlier post, but maybe they tried to make it taste more like Starbucks since Starbucks got so popular?

No idea if that was their plan, but if it was they sure hosed it up.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

thathonkey posted:

it's the best fast food coffee by far name one that is better idiot

Taco bell, surprisingly. Plus, there's never a line.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0G8ycyTWquZ https://www.zeldathon.net https://www.zeldathon.net/donate https://www.twitch.tv/supermcgamer

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Taco bell, surprisingly. Plus, there's never a line.

ive never had it before ill give it a shot and get back to you. mc donalds is passable (as long as you don't get one of their "iced coffees" that are sickeningly sweet). chick fil a has awful coffee which sucks because their breakfast owns

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s058PckyIQ7W You little piece of poo poo. You come to the Dunkin Donuts in Palm Harbor and you'll recieve the worst beatdown of your life. I guarantee you a nightmare if I ever meet you in person kid.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Cute as heck posted:

i like dunkin donuts for their donuts because everyone that likes krispy kreme is a fagface who wont shut the gently caress up about their lovely garbage donuts THEY ALL SUCK

dunkin donuts = turd
krispy kreme = warm turd, fresh out of the oven

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

just go to wawa fucker.

if u dont have a wawa near u, move.

!!!! yes !!!!

wawa is the best. their sandwiches are also tops and i love the cream cheese pretzels

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine
Lol who buys coffee from gas stations or fast food or donut places?

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
DD tastes way better than la columbe la columbe is fake good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
coffee makes me poop :(

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
All coffee is poo poo you idiots

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

wiffle ball bat posted:

coffee makes me poop :(

Why would that ever be a bad thing?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

OctoberBlues posted:

Why would that ever be a bad thing?

He probably needs help changing his diapie.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i can change my own diapie thanks. back to front. its easy.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
There's a 2 story dunkin donuts currently being built across the street from where i live - i had some krispy kreme regular glazed donuts earlier this year and they were pretty great, how do dunkin's compare?

One time I got a hot chocolate at dunkin donuts when i was waiting for my wife and it was cold outside, there was a sign saying that you had to leave once your drink was finished aimed at bums like me.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Today i drank international roast

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i'm gonna start roasting my own beans cuz i'm a loose cannon and i got nothin left to lose

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

just go to wawa fucker.

loool wawa is good only if they cleaned their coffee pots more than once a week.

saying this as someone who used to work at one: such a wawa no longer exists.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

The Saurus posted:

There's a 2 story dunkin donuts currently being built across the street from where i live - i had some krispy kreme regular glazed donuts earlier this year and they were pretty great, how do dunkin's compare?
they're like the little donuts you can buy in a bag at the grocery store but normal-sized

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

kazr posted:

maple bar is the best donut

In summer of 2007 I was living in upstate New York and I needed to buy a box of donuts for a thing. I wasn't very familiar with the area, and I decided to try stopping by a Tim Hortons. Like any responsible person buying a box of donuts for an event, I picked out 3 or 4 assorted for the late-comers and told the guy to fill up the rest of the box with maple bars. Guy said they didn't have any. At first I thought they meant they were sold out, which often happens if you arrive late in the morning, but no he meant they straight up didn't sell them. I told him any other maple donut would be fine, and the guy looked at me like I was an alien, dude had never even heard of a maple donut before. I couldn't understand how a chain from a country with a maple leaf on its flag could have no idea what a maple donut was, but I didn't want to cause some sort of cross-cultural incident with our neighbors up north. So I bought some random bullshit donuts and then went to the Dunkin Donuts down the street to get the real deal. The Dunkin Donuts people had no idea what maple bars were either.

I couldn't believe it, it was like some sort of twilight zone episode. An entire people, forgotten by civilization, completely ignorant of the one donut people actually eat. I moved away and never looked back.

OtherworldlyInvader fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 28, 2015

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

are the plain cake donuts from dunkin still good?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

it must be depressing to live somewhere where you can't buy a real actual cup of coffee

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Nonsense posted:

are the plain cake donuts from dunkin still good?
Not sure. The donuts I had were pretty average. About as good as any reasonable grocery store's bakery.

Fonzarelli posted:

it must be depressing to live somewhere where you can't buy a real actual cup of coffee
Agreed. If DD is the top tier coffee in your area you should open a real coffee shop.

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

Mayorga (I live near the roasting facility :) )
Seattles Best
DD
McDonalds
Starbucks

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

fakiebeanplant posted:

Seattles Best
DD
McDonalds
Starbucks

No, you see... DD should be on the bottom of that list??

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Coffee smells good, but it all tastes like hot water.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Of course the coffee sucks. It's coffee.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Good, good. Discuss the fastfood coffee. Ignore systemic economic inequality.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
The best thing about DD coffee is that they serve it roughly at the temperature of molten lava so you burn your tongue on the first sip (which you take 15 minutes after buying it and the cup stops glowing) and therefore can't taste how lovely it is.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

just go to wawa fucker.

In the land of crappy coffee, wawa isn't too bad. Their Christmas blend was shockingly 'okay'.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Dunkin Donuts coffee is actually very good but I will agree that 7-11 and McD's coffees are good too. Dunkin wins though because you can buy a really good cronut there to go with your coffee.

Also Wawa has good coffee and their Italian paninni sandwich is the absolute best food you can get at a gas station

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Wormskull posted:

Your broken vertebrae will be surprisingly not bad once Stone Cold Steve Austin's old doctor in San Antonio is done fixing you from the brutal massacre you'll endure if I ever find you on the street.

Joke's on you my back is all hosed up already

Heh heh...heh :smith:

(sips 6 dollar authentic Italian Macchiato)

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

fakiebeanplant posted:

Seattles Best
DD
McDonalds
Starbucks

starbucks owns seattle's best tho.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Starbucks tastes like battery acid, it's impossible to drink black. They must overroast their beans or something. I can tolerate it when it's 2% espresso 90% diluted milky sugary poo poo like their lattes/cappucinos or something. The caramel brulee latte owns.

If you want real coffee that is so naturally sweet it tastes great black and needs nothing, buy some Jamacian Blue Mountain. 30 loving dollars a pound but amazing coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

OctoberBlues posted:

I got this at TJ Maxx once on sale and it was shockingly good for what seems to be gimmick coffee.

This coffee gives me the get up and go I need to fix the world series.

• Locked thread