Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
Hear any funny local tales & gossip, those of you who went back to your folks' house for the holidays?my dad told me a story about a farmer's market festival thing he was at, where he witnessed a renowned sheep expert judging prize rams (a process which included an appraisal of their balls) then thoughtfully cupping his beard/mouth area in professional contemplation without washing his hands in the interim.

that's mine; post yours.Let's generate some content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
most of these tales are some pretty heavy poo poo..do ye have more lighthearted stuff?for example, around this time of year many moons ago when i was 12, i happened upon a local character doing a big cackling piss into the town's nativity scene display while i was out skateboarding.he was uncomplicated to begin with but the lovely old bar hicks liked to get him drunk for lols (funny in this instance, reprehensible overall) so i think he also developed alcoholism :(.

Faux-Ass Nonsense fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 29, 2015

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My father's coworker was lead out of the lab one day by the NCIS.

There's a machine they use that heats up gold and other metals so it begins to evaporate and the particals land on slides making gold mirrors.

After a while a bunch of gold particles get caked onto the housing and have to be scrubbed off. He asked those in charge what to do with the leftover gold and they told him to dispose it since it's technically waste. He asked if he should recycle it, but they said all the gold had to be thrown away.

What he did was take all the gold scraping, did some chemistry to purify it and turned it into a solid gold nugget the size of his fist.

He took it to a pawn shop and turns out they have to report everything they buy for over $10k. Well he got reported and the Naval Criminal Investigative Services arrested him one day at work.

Dad says he can probably get off with a good lawyer but he'll never work at the lab again. Apparently he was a really really valuable employee, lol.

Moral of the story, if you work for the government lab, throw away their gold and don't pawn it off.

goddamn..poor guy.still, weird fuckup to make considering how methodical the purification process probably is.

a local policewoman was recently caught cutting up lines with her ID card in a bar.also supplying info to dealers

• Locked thread